It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Amazing Sun UFO - best I've seen or is it an artifact?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
here it is which a closer pic

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The first thing I noticed is the size of the object in question. If it was a spacecraft it would be half as big as Jupiter! Check out the pic in the link for comparison. Obviously the object could be much closer that the sun , but wouldnt that create an out of focus object?

www.windows2universe.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If that is a real object then how do you explain the way it's lit? From the position of the satellite to the object, the reflection of light SHOULD be facing low and left (assuming it's behind the sun). If it's in front of the sun you should not see any reflections at all. Either way, you will not get a reflection facing up and right as is shown in the Vid. My best guess is that this is a hoax using photoshop.

If you've ever spent lots of time with photoshop, things like that start to stand out as being obvious manipulation. Look closely at the reflections on the object and you will see a gradient pixelation (like looking down on a pyramid). Add gaussian blur and you have UFO's!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
obviously failed to see my reply... Just boost the contrast to see a symmetrical object with a light in the centre... you can do this with any basic graphic editing software

I wouldn't say "I failed to see your reply". My point is that if you boost the contrast on any picture you can make all sorts of anomalies. Is boosting the contrast a scientific method to find aliens?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually, it is in the photograph in your link, but not in the same location. The object is further down the right side of the Sun and closer to the edge of the sun. Either the pictures are from different times, or that part of the image was moved. Either way, to me it looks like a background star caught in the image.

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
kinda looks like one of the vehicles from starcraft. I'm gonna see if I can find the original image.

www.spaceweather.sflorg.com...

Don't see the craft in the original
edit on 25-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Considering the size of the object compared to the sun, this "ufo" must be the size of a small planet.
That craft must be the mother of all motherships!

I'm sorry, I just think you see something you just wanna see in this picture.
There are strangly shaped things all around us in nature. Just have a look at the clouds any given day and I'm sure you would see one of them in the shape of a flying saucer or whatever else your mind wants it to be.

I'm not calling it a hoax, I just think you put too much into what is really nothing special at all here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is another thread on this, with a vid from the same utuber:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

spec

edit on 25-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"finned black wings...openings on the back...strange feeling told me a UFO was here"

Apologies, but if this was just an "artefact", you will look more than just a total nut.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Obviously a Chinese lantern, powered by swamp gas after having been dropped from an Air National Guard F-16 during a Golden Knights night time training jump.

But seriously, a nice find OP. S & F for you!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
Here's a question, wouldn't any craft that close to the sun be incinerated by the extreme heat?

That's an easy one "pilgrim". Why meta-phasic shielding of course

On a more serious note, some of these sun photo's are indeed showing symmetry, including rounded surfaces that catch light. Anomalies have far more random and natural shapes. Seems very suspect.
edit on 25-1-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
kinda looks like one of the vehicles from starcraft. I'm gonna see if I can find the original image.

www.spaceweather.sflorg.com...

Don't see the craft in the original
edit on 25-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: (no reason given)

That's not the original. They are different dates.

yours is : 2011 - 01 - 25 : 19:46:09
vidoe is : 2011 - 01 - 22 : 10:46:10

I don't know how to actually get the different dated images... ?!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

Bingo! Even after photofixing the area, there is nothing there in the original. and you are right, the video has a lot of detail removed. Odd that while detail is removed, this object has such definition.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by GirlGenius
reply to post by cluckerspud

He does go into detail regarding what he did at the link. Unfortunately, I do not have the programs that he named but I do have photoshop.

Well this would be a good indicator and important to the subject at hand. Just saying.
Like I said, gimme any picture and with the use of only filters I can make something appear that is not in the original. What does this prove?

The real problem with this is that for any filter to show something it has to work with something already there. There is nothing in the area in that image.

I get the idea beepee is just an attention seeker.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's a standard satellite.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Youtube OP claims in other videos that NASA has removed edited images that he has previously copied.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

Yes, the guy's youtube channel CLEARLY exposes him as a total hoaxer and deluded nutjob. Plain and simple. Folks like him give us a bad name, unfortunately there are so many of us that are all to happy to let him give us a bad name by seriously giving him the amount of attention he needs to keep up his delusions and ignorance.

Thus the cycle repeats itself forever.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have spent some time to go over some of these images, and there is a similar shaped object in all of these images

i have no clue as to what it is but clearly its moving around.

...and please dont be screamin hoax at me, the images are still held at nasa.....

any ideas as to what it may be? correct me if im wrong but i think a satellite is out of the question due to the extreme heat ?

this one is great.. i see 3 similarities

edit on 25-1-2011 by tokzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What if?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91328af94b0b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tokzik

These are great - thank you! At least it doesn't appear to be a photoshop hoax as you have achieved similar findings. Now I think a good question is, are these something new? If so, that would support the notion that they are not simply camera artifacts.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is not a website I would normally cite, but Joe Gurman, STEREO Project Scientist, was asked about the spheres and his answer is here:
www.colinandrews.net...

The compression artifacts are particularly obvious when a particle (cosmic ray or
solar energetic, charged particle) hits the CCD detector on the spacecraft
head-on. (Grazing hits show up as bright streaks.) The compression scheme has
a hard time mathematically representing sharp, single- or few-pixel features, and
you get a characteristic pattern of a bright dot in the middle of a compression
block (a subsection of the image) surrounded by a pattern of dark dots.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join