It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Amazing Sun UFO - best I've seen or is it an artifact?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
reply to post by planetzog

Feel free the check the original image I posted just above your post to see the craft is not there. This isn't cgi, this is a simple cut and paste, probably with photoshop. I agree with you though, be critical of what comes from NASA they tend to touch up photos a lot, and have never tried to hide that fact.

Thanks for that see it now.

I agree with you it appears to be a cut and paste job.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

He says they are not visible without enhancement. You have to enhance the original image to know for sure. Did you try that? The poster claims to have used a couple of photo enhancement programs to bring out any anomalies. I don't have the time right now, but I will try that later tonight using photoshop.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Although I too have always been quite skeptical about all the SOHO images that pop up recently, I still find your response, sir, to be, well, a waste of breath and zeros and ones.

Really? As opposed to all the other useless one-liners and jokes above me? Odd that........I guess consistency is not your strong point unless you are intent on making a thinly veiled insult to me without regard to the some other posts that must also be "a waste of zeros and ones" in your ignorant opinion.

The simple fact is, folks that claim to see things in SOHO images (or pretty much any image) lack the understanding to see even what they are looking at, despite NUMEROUS threads on here that attempt to educate them....and never mind the internet where you can use google and the actual soho site to really learn how the darn thing works. But the tin foil hat crowd (like the fool who make the op's youtube video) is not interested in reality, even though it is at their finger tips.

Reality is boring, far easier to imagine some vast conspiracy and that you might be on to something that the rest of mankind doesn't know yet......it fits a pattern. You must be new to all of this so I apologize. Come see me in 20 years and we'll talk.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I tried my own enhancing and yes i can clarify "something" is there. another interesting thing is that on the Ahead images of the sun the object is also there again. I placed the original image next to it then tweeked the angles to demonstrate the similarities

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7efeb91b1da7.jpg[/atsimg]
The top left image is the original and the other two are warped for perspective and the ahead image is the bottom right.

Original Behind Image

Original Ahead Image

Not implying I have a clue what it is mind you
edit on 25/1/2011 by constant_thought because: to fix links

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
He says they are not visible without enhancement. You have to enhance the original image to know for sure. Did you try that? The poster claims to have used a couple of photo enhancement programs to bring out any anomalies. I don't have the time right now, but I will try that later tonight using photoshop.

This is so vague. Enhance?! With what program? What kind of filter?
You can invert, polarize, emboss etc to any photo and find anomalies.
I could find Uranus on your head if I used the right filters.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No I didnt try to enhance.

Please let us know how you get on with the enhancing.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
what's going on sheeples?
im trying to check all the links that have been posted but getting a 404??
is it just a genuine mishap or is there someone out there stopping us from further discussion?

scratch that post!
they are working now D'oH!

also i dont realy see too much to get excited about.
as people have already said you can make anything from nothing
edit on 25-1-2011 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

He does go into detail regarding what he did at the link. Unfortunately, I do not have the programs that he named but I do have photoshop.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I did mine and achieved similar results with just a simple brightness and contrast boost. I do agree with what you said and the images are of quite poor quality (they seem to use the same image for 2048x2048 as the lower resolutions but just enlarged) so yes it could very well be an artifact, but it does display some interesting properties in my opinion

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here's a question, wouldn't any craft that close to the sun be incinerated by the extreme heat?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

He does go into detail regarding what he did at the link. Unfortunately, I do not have the programs that he named but I do have photoshop.

Well this would be a good indicator and important to the subject at hand. Just saying.
Like I said, gimme any picture and with the use of only filters I can make something appear that is not in the original. What does this prove?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

obviously failed to see my reply... Just boost the contrast to see a symmetrical object with a light in the centre... you can do this with any basic graphic editing software

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I would be interested if someone can post a directory of SOHO images where I CAN'T manipulate the levels and find something that will set ATS ablaze?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

well it seems to be recent I believe as the first images of the sun did not contain these

for instance

This was the very first STEREO image

or alternatively look for yourself in the nasa archives from 4 dec 2006 onwards

edit on 25/1/2011 by constant_thought because: link

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
Here's a question, wouldn't any craft that close to the sun be incinerated by the extreme heat?

You never know they might have one hell of a heat shield and super air con

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

I was thinking that but it must be some heat shield, btw I like your avatar, I watched Sunshine last week, it was weird but good.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
frogger
lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My my, more SOHO artifact filled images pulled out, played with and lauded as filled with UFO, now it's so bad people are creating their own ufo's on them...

Dear oh dear...

Kids off again???

People, if there WERE UFO fleets by the sun do you really think we would be allowed to see them, do people not realise the massive panic that would occur. People claim to be ready to meet any aliens that are out there but if one of those artifacts were a ship by the sun it would be enormous, if that then entered of came near earth it would scare the living hell out of everyone.

So, ufo or artifacts...Guess my choice...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Well that "artifact" was on the 'behind' AND 'ahead' soho images at the same time so it was taken from 2 separate sources

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Well that "artifact" was on the 'behind' AND 'ahead' soho images at the same time so it was taken from 2 separate sources

That is very interesting.Star for you.

If it is shown to be on numerous official NASA images and occuring on different times and dates,then to quote IgnoreTheFacts
"it should set ATS ablaze.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join