It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Amazing Sun UFO - best I've seen or is it an artifact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, I usually yawn at these but this one is amazing. The poster of the video seems sincere enough but the best hoaxers would be. Then, again, it could simply be an artifact. Let me know what you think!

edit on 25-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: artifact

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
kinda looks like one of the vehicles from starcraft. I'm gonna see if I can find the original image.

www.spaceweather.sflorg.com...

Don't see the craft in the original
edit on 25-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

Haha - thank you - I was wondering if it was a hoax. Looks too good to be true

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm sure sure I've seen that image in Ancient paintings Sumerian ,Egyptian or something like that

edit on 25-1-2011 by majestic3 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
or it's a space invader

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Looks kind of like a Necron Monolith.

The Dragon has awoke and it's eating our sun for breakfast!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

He did say that he played with the settings in a graphics program to enhance the image.

I made this video to show what can be missed just by glancing at these pictures from the STEREO website. With the proper knowledge and techniques so much detail can be brought out by adjusting the zoom, brightness and contrast. I am just amazed at this picture...

So he's either a lying piece of $#!T or is on to something with his enhancement technique. A good smoking gun would be a clip of a similar space craft or satellite to pinpoint his "inspiration".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ive always been skeptical when seeing pictures that include ufos around the sun and believe they are just anomalies on the photograph. But this one is the best I've seen if it hasnt been tampered with.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
That damned space invader must be the size of a planet!!!!! OMG!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!

In the future, I wouldn't bother looking for aliens or UFO's in any sun imagery such as SOHO and whatnot. They are a haven for tin foil hat wearing folks that love to do nothing but make stuff up...either because they are willfully ignorant (meaning they don't know any better, and don't want to know any better) or they are just having fun.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I don't usually pay much attention to all these "UFO near the Sun" threads/pics/videos, however, in this case something stroke me as unusual - I see symmetry, and what's more important, it is positioned diagonally. It's something that I haven't seen on any other of the many similar videos out there.. I think it's unlikely and quite unusual for a glitch to appear with such symmetry (horizontal or vertical is plausible, but diagonal, for me at least is weird). But I'm not a glitch expert. I tend to remain a bit skeptical, however, after my recent UFO sighting I won't be surprised at all if motherships the size of Jupiter were having a cookies and milk party near the sun.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
or it's a space invader

LOL - does look like that

Well, we'll see. With all the peeps on the board here, someone may recognize which video game this is from. If it's not from a video game, I can't imagine how it could stay in that proximity to the sun unless it's behind it way off in the distance and very, very large!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

That image says 1-25, the one in the video is 1-22

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
kinda looks like one of the vehicles from starcraft. I'm gonna see if I can find the original image.

www.spaceweather.sflorg.com...

Don't see the craft in the original
How can you tell if it's there or not?the pic on your link is very pixelated and isn't showing the whole shot?Please explain....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

That's the thing, until he posts the exact link to the exact image he used, we can't really tell. The image i found when I googled is the link I posted. The green dot you see in the unzoomed video is not there, in fact, it's right on the edge of the linked image. So, either he used another image and the link i posted was cropped, or someone added the green "ship" later.

I've gone through a bunch of links, it's all the same image, I checked the largest resolution of it I could find, it's not there.

this is the largest resolution I can find, and when side by side the video, it appears to be the image used.

This link has a ton of these images, time stamped and captioned, if anyone has the time to check each one, have at it.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... 8/

That image says 1-25, the one in the video is 1-22

Just noticed this, the archive only has the images from, well, today? I'm gonna leaf through them and see if I can find the source of the one he used in the video. Funny thing, check out the large res I posted, wrong date, but there's something in the lower left corner

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are many of these ufos around the sun NASA images that seem to be legit. I happen to very much believe this is legit and its #ing awesome. The future is now, people. Those things must be massive.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Although I too have always been quite skeptical about all the SOHO images that pop up recently, I still find your response, sir, to be, well, a waste of breath and zeros and ones.

ONTOPIC: OP, I don't think it is likely for it to be a hoax, simple brightening and messing with contrast of images won't add anything new to the image, it will only make details much clearer and visible, but do take in account that there are things called "artifacts" and this one could easily be one. And to simply raise the detailness of an artifact will basically show you either way something that's not there. But I remain open because of the symmetry, if anyone has seen such occur before on SOHO images, then it's normal and it's just me.

As for the so-called engines and stuff, it's still a stretch to reach such conclusions with so little info. Still, it's far more likely for it to be an artifact, than for it to be an Earth-sized mothership coming to take us all to the anals of the Universe. But "more likely" doesn't mean impossible.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

I'll try to locate the exact image, if I can, and see if I can come up with anything using my photo enhancers.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

This is the archive for the date in that video. As you can see instantly there appears to be much more detail in these ones, plenty of green artifacts around the edges. One of this is the image used but there are a ton of them.

bingo, here it is:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... /2011/01/22/behind/euvi/195/2048/20110122_104530_n4euB_195.jpg

zoomed, enhanced, I can't find anything even close to the image in that video. It's strange, open the video and pause it at the full image, then look at the image i just posted, they are the same time stamp, but that "craft" is NOT in the image. As well, and I'm not sure if this is a symptom of encoding for youtube or not, but the image in the video appears cleaned up, as the raw image I posted has many more artifacts in it. Yet, the bright large green craft is not there, the only thing close is a few white pixel artifacts.

It's clear as day, in the video there are not artifacts in the area of the craft, just 1 green dot, to the right of one of the plumes. In the raw image there are tons of white and green artifacts in that area, just none where the craft is, and none as large and as detailed as the video. I'd take the time to crop and enhance them to do a side by side but all of the file hosting sites are blocked on my work network. someone else wanna give that a go and close it once and for all.

Case closed?

edit on 25-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: denying ignorace, one hoax at a time

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Nice find OP.

But I am sceptical with images allegedly from NASA.

If these are images originally from NASA then I doubt they would allow the images to be displayed to the public. I'm guessing they would paint brush any UFO type images.

Its difficult to say if its CGI but I think its highly unlikely NASA or any other government agency would allow images of ET craft displayed for public view.

Good find anyway

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by planetzog

Feel free the check the original image I posted just above your post to see the craft is not there. This isn't cgi, this is a simple cut and paste, probably with photoshop. I agree with you though, be critical of what comes from NASA they tend to touch up photos a lot, and have never tried to hide that fact.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join