It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt activists begin Tunisia-inspired 'day of revolt'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Egypt activists begin Tunisia-inspired 'day of revolt'

www.bbc.co.uk

Anti-government protests have broken out in Egypt after an internet campaign inspired by recent political upheaval in Tunisia.

Hundreds of protesters are marching through Cairo chanting anti-government slogans, after activists called for a "day of revolt" in a web message.

Riot police have been deployed but so far no clashes have been reported.

Weeks of unrest in Tunisia eventually toppled President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali in Tunisia earlier this month.

Protests are rare in Egypt, which President Hosni Mubarak has ruled since 1981, tolerating little dissent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The New Model Army awakens in Egypt!

Let's hope Athenian Democracy spreads its' wings in Egypt and soars on the winds of liberty.

However, will good old Hosni send in the tanks?

Will the revolution spread to the illiterate? Of which in Egypt the massive majority are.

Will the CIA and other intelligence agencies fight back against the TRUE democratic spirit that has appeared from its' home on the internet?

We shall see.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

Let's hope Athenian Democracy spreads its' wings in Egypt and soars on the winds of liberty.

Unless they decide to elect Muslims, in which case it's Algeria all over again, and the west will back the military overthrow of the revolution.

There's a lot of talk about this latest movement - but there doesn't seem to be a lot of analysis of what it's all about. It's deeply anti-globalist, for one - because people are seeing how western powers have co-opted their governments, resulting in restricted freedoms (among other things). Frankly, right now it just seems like they've just decided to have a general revolution and work out the details later.

This has the potential to be massive - but the jury is out on whether or not it'll be good for the West in general. It's a time bomb that's been ticking for quite a while - but note the countries that have seen protests so far: Algeria, Yemen, Saudi, Jordan, and now Egypt. Considering those nations have been key stable allies for the west - this doesn't bode well.

If another country falls, they'll all fall. And we might not like what comes next.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
good luck to them....

kx

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The problem is, "they" are always prepared to step in after the revolt and provide leadership via familiarity. All men are corruptable. All men. The new leaders will be corrupted, too. The people behind the IMF/Reserve System always ensure that enough money is thrown at someone to buy their loyalty. Either that, or they die.

Before any revolution will do anything worthwhile, people are going to have to wake up to the game. Otherwise you just get another dose of the same medicine.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
THIS IS A MANUFACTURED REVOLT TO PRESS THE PRESIDENT OF EGYPT TO GIVE MORE RIGHTS TO CHRISTIANS, A PRETEXT TO NWO 2012 PREPARTION.WITH THE PRESIDENT UNDER THE THREAT OF BEING OUSTED.

At the same time the egyptian foreign minister was in the vatican recieving a list of demands for christians in egypt (more state money, prime land etc) then the revolt happened with the ousted presidents daughter congratulating the people on the revolt... wtf..you just got kicked out by these ppl??
i always thought it was manufactured for this one purpose, Egypt.
All over the BBC ever since they have been discussing the effect on the Egyptian president

NWO AND THE COPTIC CHURCHES AND THE VATICAN ARE PLAYING THEIR HAND TO PRESSURISE MUBARAK TO CAVE IN TO THEIR DEMANDS.

TO ADD COPTICS HAVE THE LONGEST CHRISTIAN HISTORY ON EARTH LIVING IN PEICE IN EGYPT SINCE ANCIENT TIMES....2011 COMES ALONG, EXPLOSIONS FROM SUSPECT PACAKGES THAT ARE NOT SUCIDE BOMBERS. NWO MAFIA ie christians

I WILL BEAT THEM IN THE STREETS IF THEY REVOLT LOL...EVER SINCE EGYPT HAD THE NEW ID CARDS STATING YOUR RELIGON THE CHRISTIANS HAVE BECOME PROMININANT AND ARE IN KEY PLACES IN EGYPTS SOCIETY. THOUGH AS IM SURE MUBARAK HAS TOLD THE MAFIA AND CHRISTIANS...GO AHEAD SEE IF YOU CAN - 80 MILLION MUSLIMS.
edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: MY NUTZ ACHED

edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
NWO MAFIA ie christians

I WILL BEAT THEM IN THE STREETS IF THEY REVOLT LOL...EVER SINCE EGYPT HAD THE NEW ID CARDS STATING YOUR RELIGON THE CHRISTIANS HAVE BECOME PROMININANT AND ARE IN KEY PLACES IN EGYPTS SOCIETY. THOUGH AS IM SURE MUBARAK HAS TOLD THE MAFIA AND CHRISTIANS...GO AHEAD SEE IF YOU CAN - 80 MILLION MUSLIMS.

I think your statement here is somewhat harsh.

Christians aren't NWO mafia. Neither are Muslims.

Also, Egypt has always been unusual in that it's civic positions of responsibility have been shared by members of all faiths and denominations since the end of the first millenium. So why you would state that this situation has deteriorated because of this diversity I don't know. Perhaps you have an unusual view on religious freedom for all?

After all, that's all people want, liberty!

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Where exactly did you come upon this information?

From what I have read, the protests were caused by poverty, corruption, police abuses, and rising unemployment, none of those reasons have anything to do with religion, the Copts wanting more land, or protection. From what I have heard, people are also revolting against "puppet" governments inspired by the those that revolt before them, I wouldn't be surprised if we seen a regime change across the mideast. The question for me as a westerner is how the chips will fall, will they go full on democratic and demand more freedoms, or the opposite and bring in more religion.

You sound very hateful of the Copts and I wonder why. Terrorism isn't a religious issue, targets include everyone that isn't part of their group, which includes Muslims, Christians, Jews, atheists, etc.

Edit to add: Reply to your second post.
Why is it odd that they speak Arabic but are Christians? There has always been an Arabic speaking population and nationality, language, skin color ...... does not signify religion. Actually, there is a huge Muslim population that doesn't speak Arabic, so I don't understand your point.
edit on 25-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

yes you are right, but its intersting that the people are "allowed" to revolt with foreign netwarfare during the same time that the christians are demanding rights. as i said the egyptian FM was IN the vatican when the revolt started...was it a SHOW of what the vatican can do mubarak if he doesnt conceed.

the egyptian president is being kept in a state of limbo... if he helps the state and the people,through foreign influence the naive people would be enticed to remove him...if he does what the foreigners want they will allow him to stay in power, though he would continue losing grip the states assets.... they got him by the balls

and dont put words in my mouth, i dont hate copts, i hate opportunists.

edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: MY NUTZ ACHED

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
S&F

Some videos from today's protests in Egypt

Mubarak Images Torn Down

Reuters: Thousands of anti-government protesters gather in Cairo, Egypt

Reuters: Police use tear gas against anti-government demonstrators in Cairo, Egypt

From January 25th's Egyptian protests in Alexandria this evening.

Egypt's "Day Of Revolution" 25.01.11

It will be interesting to see how the Egyptian security forces will respond if this is spreading?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
It will be interesting to see how the Egyptian security forces will respond if this is spreading?

Well, I just heard on CNN from some Egyptian civil servant who Hala Gorani was interviewing; that a police/soldier was unfortunately beaten to death by a crowd today.

So if this is true and correct I guess they will probably use this to clamp down quite hard on the protests if they continue?

One more video:

Egypt police fire tear gas as rioting erupts in Cairo

edit on 25-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
im with the police on this...they should beat those lame trouble makers.
egypts a democracy now....they can vote...so whats this artificial protest....cmon po-po.

mubarak should pass martial law on these foreign backed troublemakers.

TAHYA MISR
edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: NUTS ACHED

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
im with the police on this...they should beat those lame trouble makers.
egypts a democracy now....they can vote...so whats this artificial protest....cmon po-po.

mubarak should pass martial law on these foreign backed troublemakers.

TAHYA MISR
edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: NUTS ACHED

You think they're foreign backed troublemakers? Where from? Do you have evidence?

You have an interesting profile - Resurrected from bannination perhaps?

The Revenant.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What I fear is this 'day of revolt' will begin to spread all over the world... The poor or middle class have "had enough" with the current governments, and their stealing, and hording of assets/money, while everyone struggles, they all sit in rich homes laughing... That's how they think its going...

An ideal can start a fire.... I wonder if OUR government is watching this closely, and hoping 'a day of revolt' doesn't happen HERE in the USA...

Would be scary indeed... (Some countries DO need their governments changed.. many are very corrupt... )

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

i was known as by another name but i got banned a while ago for defending the right to hate gays...lol the gays won.

now iv been ressurected.,..but still as before, the only plausible and only evident blood royal

I AM PHARAOH

edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was looking thru a few articles about the protests and found this. Twitter’s reportedly blocked as Egyptians protest government

Tunisian activists used Twitter and social media platforms effectively in protests that ousted corrupt President Ben Ali. But Egyptian protesters—inspired by events in Tunisia—have had difficulties accessing Twitter during today's large-scale protests against the Mubarak government.

TechCrunch notes that there have been numerous reports Tuesday that Twitter is currently blocked in the country. The Atlantic, citing Global Voices, also reports the site is inaccessible.

The Cutline reached out to a Twitter spokesman to confirm, and instead, was redirected to a tweet from the company's new Twitter Global PR account. That account links to Herdict, a Harvard project that looks at web accessibility around the world. Herdict found several reports today of inaccessibility in Egypt on Tuesday.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Right, if you want to follow twitter the hashtag being used is #jan25.

There is plenty happening right now, with police and protesters continually moving about the city.

A lot of images coming out from last night, also many people are giving advice on how to get around the govt block on twitter, and i believe other sites.

An odd report was that "anonymous" have now started attacking Egyptian govt websites, and another report tat the stock market in Cairo lost 21 billion dollars within minutes of opening.

A lot happening fast in Cairo.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Like others have already stated, let's hope that if the government gets overthrown then it is not replaced by a fanatical Sharia state like that of Iran.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
as I expected , the domino effect has started , good for those Egyptians , do it , it's now or never.

new topics

top topics

join