It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spacecraft Crashed on Moon hours before Americans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
An incredible news that could be a news apt to rewrite the history of the Space Missions Era.
A New recording never listened before of a crashed Russian spacecraft on the ground, in the attempt to "beat on the time" the mission of NASA Apollo 11 in 1969 in the race to the conquest of the Moon .......
The recordings from Jodrell's Lovell Radio Telescope, which were hidden in archives until researchers found them, show the Russian craft orbited the Moon and crash-landed onto its surface at 15:50 on July 21 - just a few hours before the Americans lifted!

The recordings from Jodrell's Lovell radio telescope, which were hidden in archives until researchers found them, show the Russian craft orbited the Moon and crash-landed onto its surface at 15:50 on July 21 – just a few hours before the Americans lifted off.

People in Jodrell's control room can then be heard shouting "it's landing" and "it's going down much too fast" as they track Luna 15's final moments before it crashes.

A voice is later heard saying: "I say, this has really been drama of the highest order."

The recordings have been released by The University of Manchester's Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Moon landings.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 25-1-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I would not say the Russian craft "landed" on the moon before the Americans then.

It's more like Russian craft CRASHED onto the moon hours before America's.

vvV

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It may have gotten there first, but it was still unmanned, and it didn't exactly land.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
hmmm, this sound fishy.

where on the moon did this thing crash?
was this anywhere near ANY of the American landings?
Do or did any American know about this at the time the Americans were racing to the moon?
Did any Nasa or Amateur watching the moon see anything happen when it crashed?
What would have been the outcome of the astronauts finding wreckage on the moon?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Prove yourself right.
Now to a more response worthy part of this discussion...
More so, if there was a Russian craft crashed on the moon, the US would have had a field day telling the world of the Russian failure.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I watched a doco on this a few months ago.

While this craft did crash on the moon, it wasnt the only one they sent. They did have success later in the project. The Russians were the 1st to master remotely operated vehicles on another body in space.

The reason they went with ROV's rather than a manned mission, they knew they were not going to beat the US & Braun. It was a good doco, & at the end of it, one of the original Russian engineers was out in some US desert, running around like a kid as they tested a modern rover.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Correct, Lunar 16:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

42 years later, and we're just finding out about this now?

There's a lesson in there somewhere for all those people who imagine that if any radio or optical telescope would immediately tell the world if they received a message from ET, or that they 'couldn't keep a secret this long' kind of argument.

They can keep secrets, obviously.

The public don't get told most of what really goes on...well, not until half a century or more has gone by anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Not so sure this is what I watched.

The rovers they sent were mobile, had foldable solar panels, wheels to move around, & I believe they recruited tank drivers to pilot them because they didnt have long to train people due to the rush to beat the US.

There was a long delay with the controls & it got stuck. They had to fold the solar panels in to reverse it out of the crater.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Ahh the Lunokhod rovers.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Luna 15 crashed at 15:50 UTC on July 21, 1969. Apollo 11 landed 20:17 UTC on July 20, 1969, which is 19 hours and 33 minutes before Luna 15 crashed.

Also, this story about the audio recordings is from 2009. And it's not like Luna 15 was some secret. The Russians provided a flight plan to the US to make sure that Apollo 11 and Luna 15 wouldn't interfere with each others mission.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Soviets landed many craft on the moon before the US did. Rovers and reflective items. While they may not have landed people on the moon(did the US?), they did beat us "to the moon".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I find this hard to believe. This occured at the height of the cold war and the tapes became lost?? I find this very hard to believe!
edit on 25-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

There's no secret here. Here's a newspaper article from July 22, 1969, citing the fact that the Jodrell radio telescope was monitoring Luna 15 and that it "landed at 300 m.p.h."

Apparent Crash On Moon Ends Flight of Luna 15

The only thing new here is that they found an audio recording of the scientists at the observatory as they tracked the mission. And even that story is from 2009.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Pretty interesting.Why haven't we heard of this before?

Though,I doubt this will cause much controversy.Seeing as they crashed on the moon and didn't land.Didn't even get a chance to plant their flag.Shame.Guess that's what you get when you rush things.At least they had the first monkey in space...or was it a dog...I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Video of Luna 15 passing over the Apollo landing site: (crash is fake)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Arken

Actually "I" landed on the Dark Side 10 years before NASA launched apollo 11..

Prove me wrong..

I was there 11 years before Nasa launched Apollo 11 and I never saw you land..

Intresting information but not completely earth shattering. History of Space travel is full of attemtps and failures that resulted in loss of craft, and people, that went unreported for obvious reasons. Today it would be reported if a craft suffered a catastrophy, and it would be reported around the world.

Back in the day, it would be looked at as possible propognda by the enemy, and could cause the Government to loose support of the people. Dumb reasons today, but back then important.

Honeslty i am getting tired of the US this, Russia that, Japan this, India that.. We are all humans, we are all stuck on this rock, and until we all work together, we wont make it any farhter than the moon, and thats being optomistic.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes thats the one, thanks.

I still cant recall the doco name, but I think it was on ABC.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thank you Chadwickus, Nataylor and others.

This was not secret. This was not a surprise. Not then, not now, not ever.

Some ask, "Why haven't we heard about this until now?!"

BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T BOTHERED TO STUDY THE HISTORY OF SPACE EXPLORATION, THAT'S WHY!!!

It's OK to not know about something, but just because you just heard about it today, that doesn't mean it wasn't common knowledge yesterday.

Btw, I notice that the date on the article in the OP is July 4, 2009.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Saint Exupery because: I added the article date.

new topics

top topics

join