It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah pick for PM wins majority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hezbollah pick for PM wins majority

previous.presstv.ir

Hezbollah-backed candidate for prime minister Najib Mikati clinches majority for premiership, as Lebanese parliamentarians headed for the second day of consultations to elect the country's new prime minister.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
So.... here we go.

The March 8 coalition, which Hezbollah is part, just won the majority of the votes in Lebanon.

Now to make it clear, it's not an ``Hezbollah`` government per say. Hezbollah's party have only 12 MPs out of 128 and the 65 in the coalition.

So the western medias will say it's a Hezbollah government, for propaganda purposes, but this is not the case.

The previous government, the March 14 alliance, headed by Hariri, which is pro-west, has held massive protests yesterday and today because they want to stay in power and say that this was a coup...

Yes, Hezbollah is an ``Iranian puppet`` but Hezbollah is not in total control.

Anyway. Now that this has happened, lots of bad things could happen... civil war or regional war.

The March 14 coalition has rejected the invitation from the March 8 coalition to be part of the government. So this is an ``only Hezbollah`` government.

Something which Israel said they would not accept... they will probably say and see this as an ``Iranian base``... the whole of Lebanon... The Lebanese people are in big trouble.

Anyway, for more news about this, you can click on the ``Lebanon Crisis thread`` in my signature below.

All of you doom addicts who wanted an Iranian war, you could get it real soon.

For all we know, Israel might be calling up reserves now.

No way Israel allows this. That would mean Iran-Syria-NKorea can send whatever weapons to Lebanon they want, legally... right on Israel's doorstep. No way in hell Israel doesn't do a thing.

Even Saudi Arabia and Egypt have hinted at not allowing this.

previous.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm, looks like just more excuses for Israel to attack...
Though they will, as usual, say it was they that were attacked....

Where is Turkey sitting on this??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Turkey is a wild card. Their relations with Israel are at an all time low, Erdogan doesn't like Israel much, Turkey is bypassing the sanctions regarding Iran... Turkey is still pissed about the flotilla... Erdogan also said they would not stand still if Israel started a war with Gaza or Lebanon.

Yes they are in NATO... but still... IMO they will do nothing, but will not allow the US to use their territory to bomb Lebanon or Syria or Iran. They may let arms smugglers go through... while saying they see nothing...

This could be the beginning of a big cluster****. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Jordan regimes could be overthrown...

And if that were to happen... the US would either need NUKES or a DRAFT to take back control. Of course doing so would probably lead to the end of the US empire and massive riots in the US.

UPDATE on Turkey...

Lebanon's prime minister has arrived in Turkey to oversee the signing of a series of cooperation agreements, including defense and the lifting of entry visas.

DEFENSE AGREEMENT... between the two countries being signed uh? Interesting timing... defense pact?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Yes they are in NATO... but still... IMO they will do nothing, but will not allow the US to use their territory to bomb Lebanon or Syria or Iran. They may let arms smugglers go through... while saying they see nothing...

Would be interesting to see what the US would do If Turkey fought Israel..
My guess is NATO would be forgotten...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

First Tunisia, now Lebanon.

It seems the West is losing its colonial rights over Middle Eastern and African territories. This will be interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Hezbollah won ``legally`` unlike Tunisia.

But yeah, several arab countries are on the verge of revolutions against pro-western puppets.

Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Algeria, Mauritania... probably even Iraq which the new government is pro-Syria-Iran.

What will be interesting to see is the State Of The Union speech... if Obama is gonna pull a Bush... and almost declare war on Iran-Hezbollah?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So, a Hezbollah member has become Prime Minister? It seems this turn of events is not going to be taken lightly by those aligned with Hariri?

Lebanese 'Day of Rage' Protesters Burn News Truck

Violence broke out Tuesday in northern Lebanon as thousands of supporters of acting Prime Minister Saad Hariri gathered in Tripoli for what they had called a peaceful "day of rage" protest.

Demonstrators attacked a truck belonging to the Al Jazeera news channel and set it on fire. Protesters also burned pictures of former prime minister Najib Mikati, a Hezbollah-backed candidate who is set to be nominated Tuesday to replace Mr. Hariri.

"Peaceful day of Rage?" For how long? Burning a news van does not seem peaceful to me? We have seen the carnage that is spreading across North Africa, and a similar chain-of-events could take place in Lebanon with this controversial appointment. I looked up more about him and it is claimed that he and Syria are on good terms. Furthermore, with his backing of Hezbollah he is also aligned with Iran. Another thing to keep in mind as well, Hezbollah enjoys support from Syria as well. With that, it seems Najib Mikati is perfect puppet material for Hezbollah and their puppet masters in Syria and Iran?

Plus, I know Hezbollah and Syria wanted that investigation of the 2005 Rafic Hariri assassination halted or quashed altogether, and this new Prime Minister may be in the position to do something about that.

Lebanese Daily: Hizbullah Drills Takeover of Lebanon

On November 1, 2010, the Lebanese daily Al-Akhbar, which is close to Hizbullah and Syria, reported that on October 28, 2010, Hizbullah conducted an "electronic and on-the-ground simulation" of a takeover of Lebanon – an operation that is to be carried out in the event that the international tribunal for the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Al-Hariri indicts Hizbullah.

According to the report, the drill included the deployment of forces countrywide within two hours, the cordoning off of extensive areas of the country, the arrest of wanted individuals, and the seizure of ports and border crossings.

The day after Al-Akhbar reported the story, the London-based Saudi daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat stated that the simulation was an illustration of a practical plan by Hizbullah, Amal and other pro-Syrian forces to take over Beirut and other parts of the country.

US embassy cables: Egypt spy chief promises pressure on Hamas

. . . Syria wants desperately to halt the United Nations special tribunal on the Hariri assassination.

If this appointment happened legitimately, and without any meddling from others; then those opposed are going to have suck it up. That is only wishful thinking though. On the other hand, his friendship with Syria, and cooperation with Hezbollah is quite concerning. I suppose we wait and watch. In the case of Israel, I hope they don't over-react on this one. Time will tell though.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I wonder how those ladies on Mount Zion will take the news..

All I can see is IDF tanks steam rolling into southern Lebanon

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
I wonder how those ladies on Mount Zion will take the news..

I wouldn't be laughing if I was to care about the Lebanese. Would you laugh after you witness another scorched Beiruth?
Nothing about a terror organization overthrowing a government is neither funny nor amusing. And yes, if they are going to provoke these "ladies on mount Zion" they are in for a real treat.
edit on 25-1-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Everything was done according to the constitution, nothing is illegal, everything is justified for. The only un-justification is Zionist and Western involvement in this turn of events.

It is funny how Hariri himself rejected his supporters demonstration, because he know it isn't justified, and that his government collapsed because he didn't have enough supporters.

It is funny when things don't go the Zionist or Western way in Democracy, they scrap Democracy and bring a fascist dictator to power. We have all learned from the past, hence Iranian Democracy which didn't go the West's way, regarding Musaddiq's leadership.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Nothing about a terror organization overthrowing a government is neither funny nor amusing.

You talking about Israel??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Lebanon's prime minister has arrived in Turkey to oversee the signing of a series of cooperation agreements, including defense and the lifting of entry visas.

Hmm, that could make it interesting and is why I mentioned Turkey..

top topics

join