It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I Have Supporting Evidence That We Aren't Real

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

If x exists then x is real
reply to post by italkyoulisten

If you switch off the hologram projector, the hologram ceases to exist. The hologram has a finite existence which is dependent on the holograph operator.

Would you say that the hologram is as real as that of which it is a projection? Is the shadow as real as that which casts the shadow? They both exist, but which can be said to be real?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Even if we are holograms, that doesn't mean we aren't real.

Holograms exist.
Holograms exist, therefore holograms are real.

Even if you hold holograms to be nonexistent, there must be some facet of reality that the holograms are based upon.

it doesnt matter what we are....we are still that thing..

....one question..what is this reality you are talking about and whats its made of?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

reply to post by italkyoulisten

If you switch off the hologram projector, the hologram ceases to exist. The hologram has a finite existence which is dependent on the holograph operator.

Would you say that the hologram is as real as that of which it is a projection? Is the shadow as real as that which casts the shadow? They both exist, but which can be said to be real?

as long as this hologram is being projected it 'exists' in that form we can see...when the projector is turned off it still exists...albeit in another form....

a lot of people are using the word 'real' without expanding on what this 'real' is...what is 'real'?...how do you define what is real and what isnt?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
First, I want to address those questioning the definition of "real" in this thread. To be clear, it's not about, not feeling pain or the ability to do inhumane performances. The idea is that we are not the original. We could be the shadows or hologram (whatever you'd like to call it) of the 4th dimension being projected from the horizon of a black hole.Thats the most abundant question/misunderstanding lol.

Originally posted by Odessy

you know, I've wondered this, about our observations creating the world around us. But then, what about blind people? Does the world create itself around their touch, or has someone projected the world for them?

The entire world is projected from the horizon of a black hole. Don't get me wrong, I'm not by no means an expert and I can not speak for anyone. Everything in Quantum Mechanics is a theory based on events and nothing more. Nothing is really written in stone except questions. So the idea, is that an observer can change the reaction of particles just be observation, so if there is a cup in the blind man's house the particles are spread out in empty space until he touches it, or until someone looks at it, or any other form of observation.

Originally posted by Echtelion

Actually Mizzijr, the best clues about the non-existent character of this existence is not exactly dreams, but rather these "dream within dream" experiences, which are for real. When you wake up within a dream, you get this impression of being back to a "more real" reality, that then proves to be another illusion. It gets to the notion that we actually DO live these other planes of existence, and some of our dreams are actually our temporary awareness of these. I'm referring to these very immersive dreams where the dream world seems to be almost as real as here.

The other phenomenon is déjà-vu, which feel like two planes of reality being superposed one on the other, and that could be an indication that other dimensions are being generated, or perhaps they "reach" together, for a very short time. There are of course other theories to explain this phenomenon, but this one is to consider seriously.

I practice lucid dreaming, and I know how that is. I'm not really sure what to think of it in terms of Quantum, the experience is very mind boggling especially the first time. Then I've also had dreams within dreams, also very tricky.

Deja-vu is something I'm not sure if I've experienced. But it does sound like something worth studying. Thanks for the posts.

Originally posted by xM0J0xJ0J0x

Does anyone know anything about 13 angels?

Sorry, I have not heard. I will take a look though.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by lestweforget

So your definition of real is something that you can feel? I think you should put the beer down because you're coming off stupid enough without it.

lol i love this post. good job.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I once heard the power speaker "James Arthur Ray" once say:

We are not physical beings living a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings living a physical experience

That said, if you are able to use all of your 5 senses (6th one if you are really special or just plain gifted), then you experience real life. If not, you've either lost your brain, used too many drugs, or are a complete dumbass!

But, like everything else you have to weigh out the facts. To contrast though, if you use quantum theory to explain reality, you have to realize that reality is what you create it to be. Change the reality, and change your lived experience. I think if your head is in the theory clouds way to much you DO lose a sense of what reality is. Some of my university profs are so high up there, I have no clue what they are yammering about. So I eat my delicious apple, have my coffee from Starbucks, and take a Tylenol for my headache.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seizeX
reply to post by Mizzijr

Hello everyone - my first post on ATS. I have lounged around for years but never participated in any discussion; I figured it was about time to break my record of silence.

Forgive me if this was mentioned in this thread already. If it was I simply missed it. In response to "dreams," and why we can see without light... What about imagination? For instance, if I meditate and "visualize" myself in a particular place - even a made up place - I can see it in my mind and I am completely conscious. Wouldn't the same hold true with dreams? A mixture of imagination with previously seen images (as one poster already mentioned). That's just my two cents, what do you think?

Cheers
edit on 26-1-2011 by seizeX because: (no reason given)

Welcome to ATS!

No, you have not missed it. This is not an answer yet, this is in the same category as dreams, and why there is a production of light with closed eyes. It makes me think that even thoughts could be projected from previous dimension of the black hole horizon based on the "Law of Conservation of Energy" and the "Law of Conservation of Matter" it has to go somewhere. Are thoughts are also energy, many people don't know that thinking burns a small amount of calories

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Our mind and perception can alter the way atoms behave and that's not even half of what our brain is capable of.

That doesnt mean our world is not real, give more credit to our psychic abilities.
edit on 26-1-2011 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I once heard the power speaker "James Arthur Ray" once say:

We are not physical beings living a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings living a physical experience

I think that is the simple truth, Yoda said it as well
, wisdom for the masses with -

"Luminous beings are we not this crude matter."

The matter that made my body when I was born is long gone yet I was there and I'm still here, for now, playing in the mud, aka matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The paradox of quantum physics is that in the end, we discover that "reality" is really nothing more than a bunch of emptiness vibrating at different frequencies. Experiments have conclusively shown that the power of THOUGHT is one of the most powerful influences in our universe, our reality. The simple act of OBSERVING experiments (like the classic two-slit photon experiment) *fundamentally* changes the outcome of the experiment, which suggests that we have a soul, or at least some form of influencing sentience.

It has also been shown that the power of DECISION is powerful enough to create an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. Whether or not you turn right or left at your next traffic light splinters into two universes (very similar ones, yes, but then they branch off further with every following decision that is made). According to quantum theory, if you go left, a universe is created and possibilities unfold from there. The same is true for going right. So, what then, is a chance meeting with someone you haven't seen in years ---simply because you went right instead of left? What would have happened had you gone left? Each POSSIBILITY is a different universe.

Very mind-bending and complicated to think about sometimes. Very interesting. Great post.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this reality thing a lot.I have come to the conclusion that the only reason why we believe things to be real is because somebody created a method to prove it. I mean, we believe atoms are real, but I haven't seen it. I believe there are people in Australia, but I haven't seen them. I believe there is nutrients in the food we eat, but I haven't seen it. Point is that I believe it , cos maybe I saw a documentary, or some professor told somebody who wrote a book. We know now the world is round, but was it flat until we proved it to be round?

Or do galaxies only exist after we managed to detect it?These things make my head spin, but I have come to a place in my life where these things really don't matter. I have a kid on the way and that changes perception immediately. My kid is going to be the only real thing in my life. And I will teach him/her all the things that I believe to be real.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What may not even exist, period. So in a way, reality isnt really reality and therefore we dont exist the way that we think we exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm reading this,and i'm real.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Either a black hole, or a rent in the space-time continuum that our planet passes through, creating an opportunity to jump between two alternate realities, or alternate densities.
edit on 26-1-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Yes, I couldn't agree more! Join the dark side you will not.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

hi..fascinating subject

'The idea is that we are not the original.'

hmm...if i copy a CD the music i am listening to isnt real?

i think it is...i dont think reality has anything to do with originals..i dont actually think 'real' has any real
meaning...a real hologram is real is it not?..or is it an unreal hologram?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If we aren't real who the hell is doing the thinking?
edit on 26-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Dare I say this? Should I say this? Oh to hell with it, why not....

HAARP!!!!! See below the MUST WATCH video

HAARP Holographic Projections & Mind Control

edit on 26-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

edit on 26-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

what do you mean by 'real'?

thats just a word..what does it mean?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

You might be right?.. And that is . How come that voyager 2 started to send distorted signals after leaving our solar system and all the other strange unsolved mysteries that scientist cant solve.could be coupled back to this topic?
Why is it that UFOs are appearing and disappearing and that they always in a kind of twilight zone.Are we living in a holographic bubble that is starting to collapse what Maya's say. And that we now become real?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join