posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
Originally posted by lestweforget
I just completed doing what i should done before my initial post and watched part 1&2 and another short film on the two slit experiment.
The opening sentence of part 1 states, For most of the time the world is hidden from our sences.
No its not! I only sleep on average 6 hours per day, that is less than a third.
Some other statements i cant accept,
1. Relating to quantum phisics common scense is no guide.
That opens up a pandoras box of possibilities that no one can sensibly question.
2. One phisicist proudly explains the two slit experiment changes reality.
Just because a photon (single particle of light) passes through two slits and shows up on a screen behind as three slits doent change reality, thats
like saying an optical illusion changes reality.
3. Part 2 states that the theory of quantum reality is the strangest discovery ever.
Since when is a theory classed as a discovery?
4. We can change reality just by looking at it.
PLEASE! That will do me. The example of a thermometer taking temperature used by a previous poster is seriously flawed.
I know im not the sharpest tool in the shed but it seems quite obvious to me these guys are wasting their time on these theories for without quantum
computers there is no quantum phisics, surely these great minds can be used more efficiently.
Everybody isn't meant to understand a subject of this caliber. It takes critical thinking and patience, especially if you are one of those people
highly enveloped in society's stressful way of life, it could be hard to change a person thinking pattern in order for them to grasp the ideas a
Most of the time your sense are hidden from the world, you are not omnipresent, and the only reason why you would happen to know what China's economy
is looking like is because somebody told you, and even then you really don't know because they could be lying.
1. Actually, its just a way of thinking. it can be a little difficult to wrap your mind around it.
2. It changes a person's perception of what reality could really be. The slit experiment is done with electrons. What makes it so mind boggling is
that humans have electrons running through their body as well.
3. It's possible to discover a thought, it's called an idea. Such as a clothing designs, video games, etc..
4. Look at tothetenthpower's post.
Hey, I can't make you understand this stuff. It comes from within.