It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I Have Supporting Evidence That We Aren't Real

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I think humanity as a collective should try putting ellipses after out thoughts, followed by a question mark, instead of full stops and exclamation marks. Man's biggest hindrance will be what he already knows. You see, what we learn that is new to us almost always holds basic elements of what we thought we knew. We forever taint ideas with what we already know...and never attempt to leave serious room for error. What do I mean?

People think you need oxygen to have life, or water. Why? Because our planet thrives off of it, does not mean all life in the universe thrive off of it. Some people believe in ghosts/demons/angels/the spirit/soul, etc Do these creatures need oxygen, or water? They may need something...something that we do not need. Something that we may not even know exists. The periodic table houses all the elements...known to man. The most important part of that statement is "known to man." and man knows very, very little. We perform tests with instruments that we've made which are subject to error. These tests are based on principles of chemistry and physics that we live by; we, not the universe, live by these principles, yet we assume everything that we think exists conforms to these principles. This may not be the case. There are forces we have begin to theorize that exists that we cannot really feel, or measure. Our tests may be accurate to us, where our principles of chemistry and physics hold true(these theories may still be very wrong), but why do we constantly apply these same truths to the rest of consciousness and space? Mankind's false sense of superiority and arrogance hinders our growth.

I'll leave by saying this, the ones with the most resources make all the rules. Science and the devil can be one and the same. Think carefully about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree fractals all the way man,russian doll syndrome,the harder we look the more we find the key another doll,smaller or larger.Reality is so complex,we would need to merge all the great theories into one brain and even then once thats been done and reality is defined ,we will cease to exist,game over

Ordering the Universe out of it's chaos would likely result in ordering it out of existence.

The real challenge so many people end up facing is in part their fear of the unknown, and then in part how to incorporate in some happy or functional way the additional ellements they didn't tell you about at school, or church or the 6 O'clock news.

Yet when you get right down to it, while we all live in 'similiar' realities, because reality is largely based on perception we all have a slightly different take on it, in large part because we are all observing it from a slightly different position.

Some though have a vastly different take on it, and our communal concepts of social and societal constructs don't always leave the room for or the true support of individual growth and exploration.

Just when I think I have it close to all figured out, out of far left field, or right field comes yet something completely new to contemplate try to understand and incorporate into your world view, your reality.

No wonder so many people love religion it elliminates a lot of those challenges by accepting on faith a version and adhering to it.

The great news for the truly adventurous and intreprid soul we seem to live in a limitless universe of limited possibilities.

Most of what we percieve as limits are only those limits we ourselves or our fellow humans are placing on us, or trying to at least.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by chocise

It could be the instrumentation,magnets absorbed the particle or force acting on it and reduced its capacity to form a wave.Hence two beams instead of many.
edit on 26-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

well, yes, I would suspect that too... and would imagine any reliable investigator would, in the act of making any observation, ensure the equipment they used did not interfere with the object they were observing... but apparently it does...which is very odd.

Also, and it's worth noting as I don't believe it's been mentioned in this thread, that of all the billions of observable stars in this universe [matter] they comprise only about 5% of what's actually out there: matter itself is then the exception, and not the rule. It also then follows that if all that's knowable is only 5% of the total, what we actually know is about 0.1 x 10 to the minus google of anything, ie pretty much nothing, despite our pretentions to the contrary.
edit on 26-1-2011 by chocise because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by lifer201

So just let me get this clear before i make a fool of myself as you just have. I need proof that im real?

This is exactly the type of person who CANNOT think outside the box...ATS'ers take note...

You think you are real because you can use your 5 senses? I'm presuming this is the case because it is the only things used to sense the 'real' world (ignore 6th sense for a minute). Now if this is the case then you are NOT real in the terms you think your real because all those senses that you use are electrical signals that are interpreted by your brain.

So when you touch something, your not actually touching anything, your brain is telling you that you are tounching whatever it may be because of a signal produced in electrical format, so in essence you arent touching anything, instead your brain is seeing electricity.

If your 5 senses were too be, lets say, broken and unrepairable, how would you know you were real? You wouldnt be able to see anything, touch anything including feeling yor physical body, smell anythingand so on...so you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between your mind an 'reality'.

So my friend this is not real, it is electricity interpritation...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well put ,I know the true reality of all our fates is ultimately in the hands of unseen forces that can never be understood,god,creator whatever is termed by theolgians or scientists is one in the same,only theologians accept defeat.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Truuth,yet again,5% is matter thats why curious minds ,physicists insist on a answer,only problem is they would need to visit the thousands of other versions of themselves to find it out,was charles dickens a scientist with the story of scrooge !Alternative reality or are our brains already wired to that alternative reality but we call it fiction,according to science ,fact may be stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well put ,I know the true reality of all our fates is ultimately in the hands of unseen forces that can never be understood,god,creator whatever is termed by theolgians or scientists is one in the same,only theologians accept defeat.

Well I don't know about that. How perceptive are you to forces that you have often been told in various stern ways don't exist?

They may in fact love to make themselves known and understood, but providing they do, want to make themselves understood to you, it first requires you stepping out there on the limb by discarding the dogmas that they neither exist, and if they did, they sure wouldn't want to talk to you.

In reality our fates are in many ways tied together.

Wait for the day when they are no longer unseen, and they want to be understood, and you too, might know what it means to really have a 'bad hair day'.

While the world is still operating on reality 3.0 for the most part, reality 7.0 is in fact out for the advanced user!

edit on 26/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
man dis crazy i been on this trail for years and its crazy ive been saying this and now its really out. badass

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I see scientists spending $$$ to smash particles together to find out what everything is made of a waste of time and money. The answer to this question has already been found by very simple means and cost only $20.

A pure MDMA pill taken will release serotonin inside your pineal gland (stargate) and raise your vibration high enough so that you will be able to see into infinity, see that you are one and all with everything.

The magnitude of the effect will depend on the size of a person's consciousness. This pill coupled with someone who have a large conciseness will enable them to see the ether, the veil, infinity i.e.. beyond the physical things and experience pure bliss.

When you can experience everything is full and empty at the same time it will come to your awareness that we don't exist and we do exist at the same time.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

In reality our fates are in many ways tied together.

If you consider we are on a small orb and live and walk around whilst everthing is moving then in reality we are all tied together by the centre point of the planet holding us inside our bodies on it,we may have a spacial dimension to walk or drive but when you consider the planet moving at 66,000 mph and the sun moving at 486,000 mph through space ,then technically you,me and everybody else did`nt walk,drive or move...the planet and sun did ,and in reality, we are at the same point and place,confusing and as I say ,I prefer einstein and stay away from the madness of moving bodies and their relationships and interactions at the quasi level.
It almost seems we are all light beings but just can`t see it,we only see matter..now that is weird and ..well things I can hold and feel ,are more comfortable.
ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP,OP

Technically nobody moved from the place they plopped out into the world,the world did?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Star and Flag just for the title, it made me lol

Anyway, I saw this when it first aired on the BBC. Absolutely awesome documentary!

Thank you for posting, I believe everyone should see this.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Im on the first page and just feel obligated to reply to you. Its you my friend who make ATS worse then it was 3years ago. Its you who I usually ignore in threads and its you who wreck perfectly good debates with your actions.

Now on the topic this is a pretty neat theory. I will watch some of the videos and see what conclusion I can come to. I want to ask a question, but will read through all the pages and see if it was asked yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That was a great post proto.

I agree with everything you said.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: :/

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This sounds like typical new-age mental masturbation to me. That is, yet another convoluted way to escape from a reality perceived as boring and mundane. These "theories of everything" are a dime a dozen.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think the holographic mind makes the physical what it is in the most real way. What your saying is more like fantasy land I would think. Honestly if we could change things this way it would have to be technology I would think. Now Technology assisted quantum control over our environment I think is a possibility.

I think some of us though probably can materialize things. Is it really all that controlled though sometimes is what I ask or expected?

I've heard some people just simply teleport at times and not aware of it at all. I have on occasion noticed a what you would call 5th dimensional property like occurence. That's just something popping up that nobody recognized before in the room. So I can say on one wavelength this reality exists but who's to say this couldn't be aliens or something?

I am a meditator and lucid dreamer. I go far out there really at times. Still I don't get how one could actually change physical reality with just their mind. Technology assisted I think it could work with more control. It's a wierd subject for me because I've had plenty of this kind of reality appear but I can't make much of it for myself.

It's like this, say this could be a reality, wouldn't you get bored? Maybe even weak from using it extensively on a daily basis. It would be nice to assist you but what happens when you use it too much and others with bad intentions. Can you imagine what kind of crimes are possible in this type of world. Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's something for the truely rare in society to reveal to whom they want.
I would say it takes alot of self control to do but on one hand greedy self serving people don't have much control over themselves do they.

It's almost like a fool proof system. If you can manifest with control like say jesus with these things then well you already deserve the power because being illumined is the real power. I mean think about it, wouldn't anyone like to be like a jedi but then I don't see how darth vader could be that powerful because really darkness doesn't breed alot of power, it just sucks on energy. Then again Darth Vader was using technology in his power suit with all the forces of cyborgs and clones.

Kind of shows you just how powerful greed really is especially when you end up with nothing including no energy to even survive on your own.

I love star wars analogies because really you force or you suck force to gain force or technology and a mob is a whole lot to go against the few.

The Few that have real power. I believe one day a jedi could materialize something like food or even a piece of technology that they built in their head. Who knows.......

In a Galaxy, far and farther away. Peace-Muzeam.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by lestweforget

Some of us are smarter and have access to degrees of intelligence far beyond what others might ASSUME, and hey we all know what happens when we ASSUME..

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

NewAgeMan, being very smart is like being very spiritual. If you really are then you don't have to say it.

OP, I'll have to watch your vids before I tell you what I think. But, I find the premise very interesting to say the least.
edit on 1/26/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I didn't watch the videos yet but just buy looking at the basics it looks like that this topic can also be of interest to you. I got the idea to look this up in one of the letters that were written in the majestic documents ( www.majesticdocuments.com... ). They talked about getting information from a remote distance called remote viewing and resonance viewing. When you do the research it actually makes perfect sense thru Quantum Physics. Here's the link to remote viewing, you'll see that if you actually try it we've been using the wrong side of the brain the whole time. Also can refer to the movie Matrix after visiting links and suggest watching it again. It will make more sense.

metaminds1.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't think it matters at all whether we are "real" or not. We can feel, that's all that matters. We're real to ourselves. Even if this theory would be true, it wouldn't make us any less real than we are now. It just means we'd be in a different world.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

i just finished a book called The Holographic Universe, you'd enjoy it. its by Michael Talbot.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You don't exist and neither do I. All there is is this.
Thoughts, and all things, appear and disappear presently. To no one, to no thing.
The every thing and the no thing can not exist apart.
What reads this, is the no thing
It is all one
There is no past or future.
Eternally now.
It is now, and it is here, always.

The thing that we call us, this one who says 'i am real', is the ghost in the machine. When looked for it can not be found. The thinking mind is always too late, it takes time to formulate the words, thought takes time. Life happens now. We believe we are our thoughts and we worship the image we have of ourselves, or despise the image of ourselves. This image is not real, not a true likeness at all of what we essentially are. Yet it is believed, mostly because it has never been examined.
What would life be like if mind and thought (the imagined person you believe you are), just shut up and left?
In truth no one has to leave because there is no one there to leave.
All there is is this.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join