It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mason's supreme being?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddieBee
reply to post by Reptius

First off I wanna assume that not all masons are pedophiles, traumatizers, implant chippers, thieves, rapists, snakes, actors, and the like. Also from my understanding, you have to believe in one of their made-up gods.

No, we ask if you believe in a higher power. We don't tell you what to believe, we only care that you do believe in something. For example, I believe in the Christian God, I like to call him God.

If the masons are such a unified organization, then why all the division? Lodges for black masons, lodges for the chinese, lodges for the hasidic jews, etc? Is it really any different than a "christian" fighting for christ, a muslim fighting for Mohammed and/or Allah?

we as a whole are all the same. While there is the Prince Hall masons who are predominantly black, they are by choice their own group. A white man may be a prince hall mason just as there are plenty of black AFAM masons. I have not heard of separation with Chinese lodges and others.

If i knew i could change things then maybe i would join. If i dont have to give bloody oaths, then maybe i would join. Until then, i'm just gonna stalk the stalker and treat my fellow human and/or cyborg the same as i would like to be treated but if i feel i'm being treated unfairly, i will dish it back.

for what it's worth, the oaths you take as a mason are symbolic and not literal. But don't take my word for it, If I was lying, then wouldn't Bill Schnoebelen and others like him be killed in some horrific way?

Freemasonry is the biggest religion in the world because they dont care what god you believe in as long as you believe on their grounds. When i was standing proud for Jesus, i wasnt commended, i was raped, verbally attacked, and stalked. I have no shame for the actions of a scum bag. I may of lost my faith in a god they created thousands of years ago but i still think, what would a boss like Jesus do? He would stand up to tyrants. He wouldnt reason with self proclaimed rulers of the world. He would know that all the power in them is in him as well. He damn sure wouldnt lay down and die either!

Freemasonry is not a religion. It's a fraternal organization with religious connotations. We use the Bible to allegorically teach lessons, and we pray at the beginning and end of a meeting, but I know people who do that at the dinner table and nobody classifies them as a religion.

Jesus Christ would die for you, in fact, he did. They don't make character any stronger than that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieBee

It's not "our made-up gods", you must believe in a god of your own choosing prior to joining us. Freemasonry doesn't define what religion you are.

Prince Hall Lodges exist because back in the day some Grand Lodges refused to allow black men in, not all, but most. There are very few Grand Lodges who don't admit black men in, but Prince Hall is a sound tradition and co-exists peaceably with Grand Lodges. I know I go to a Prince Hall meeting once in a while, but the nearest one is over an hour away so I can't go there all the time. I've never heard of Lodges strictly for Chinese or Jews.

I know my Lodge has Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Deists, Doaists, and Christian in it.

Freemasonry is not a religion as it doesn't meet the basic requirement to be a religion. We don't define what god you believe in or how you worship. That is up to the individual to decide. Freemasonry is also not a substitute.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Its a respect thing, acknowledgement of someone bigger and more responsible.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

It's not "our made-up gods", you must believe in a god of your own choosing prior to joining us. Freemasonry doesn't define what religion you are.

Prince Hall Lodges exist because back in the day some Grand Lodges refused to allow black men in, not all, but most. There are very few Grand Lodges who don't admit black men in, but Prince Hall is a sound tradition and co-exists peaceably with Grand Lodges. I know I go to a Prince Hall meeting once in a while, but the nearest one is over an hour away so I can't go there all the time. I've never heard of Lodges strictly for Chinese or Jews.

I know my Lodge has Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Deists, Doaists, and Christian in it.

Freemasonry is not a religion as it doesn't meet the basic requirement to be a religion. We don't define what god you believe in or how you worship. That is up to the individual to decide. Freemasonry is also not a substitute.

Not a religion? GTFO! Freemasonry isnt a religion but accepts all denominations of religion? And on top of that, you must have a religion to be a free mason? Doesn't seem shady at all? Freemasons wrote the books on religion, or better yet, blueprints for global domination. Eminem was right, "why the puck would i join them when I beat them"

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And on top of that, you must have a religion to be a free mason?

I am not a member of any organized religion yet I am a Mason.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Freemasonry isnt a religion but accepts all denominations of religion?

Accepting all denominations is a hallmark of not being a religion. When you're a religion, you pretty much only accept one denomination. You know...yours.

And on top of that, you must have a religion to be a free mason?

No, you don't.

Doesn't seem shady at all? Freemasons wrote the books on religion, or better yet, blueprints for global domination.

Really? A fair amount of "books on religion", for being authored by Freemasons, don't seem very friendly to us.
edit on 15-3-2011 by OnTheLevel213 because: missed two words

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It's not a religion. Freemasonry is tolerant to moral religions, but discussion of religion (and politics) within the Lodge is forbidden so as not to show partiality to one religion over another. Tolerance of religions does not make Freemasonry a religion. We do not meet the requirements to be a religion nor did we "write the books on religion or world domination". That is absurd. Nothing but empty allegations have come from you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

It's not a religion. Freemasonry is tolerant to moral religions, but discussion of religion (and politics) within the Lodge is forbidden so as not to show partiality to one religion over another. Tolerance of religions does not make Freemasonry a religion. We do not meet the requirements to be a religion nor did we "write the books on religion or world domination". That is absurd. Nothing but empty allegations have come from you.

Do you not have to say you believe in a higher power to be a freemason? They dont care which one, right? Look, I have nothing against someone who is seeking for truth and the origins of our existance, I commend you. But if you're apart of a shady sneaky secret society who throughout history wrote the books on religion, and you enjoy tormenting others, then thats a big problem in my book. War has many fronts, religion is one of them, and i'm not talking about the people who are really seeking for answers, im talkin about the paid phonies in "church" and how might ever else you could conceive it.

There has always been different levels of knowledge and everybody always tries to have the upper hand, for peace or for war. Whats in your wallet?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Do you not have to say you believe in a higher power to be a freemason? They dont care which one, right? Look, I have nothing against someone who is seeking for truth and the origins of our existance, I commend you.

Great. Then we're all on the same page. Freemasonry isn't a religion, but requires a non-specific religious belief as one of the prerequisites for membership.

But if you're apart of a shady sneaky secret society who throughout history wrote the books on religion,
Which books on religion are you accusing us of writing, just out of curiosity? The King James Bible? Or something else?

and you enjoy tormenting others,
and where's there evidence that we torment others? And why would we torment them?

then thats a big problem in my book.
Ours too. Glad we seem to agree. Now can you explain what your beef is with Freemasons?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Like I've said, tolerance of my faith and other members faith doesn't make Freemasonry a religion. Freemasonry has no god, no plan of salvation, we don't seek converts, and so on.

What's in my wallet? A credit card, a bank card, driver's license, concealed weapons permit, SSN card, dues cards for 6 different Masonic bodies, Blood donation card, auto insurance card, and several business cards. Oh, and a few Euros.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join