It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mason's supreme being?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
So at the end of the day, The masons are just another group of people who belive a magical man in the sky who they have no proof exist.

You assume that eveyone follows what your perception of God may be. I do not believe God is a 'magical man in the sky', I am more panenthestic then anything else.

Yet are actually worse then the others because they decide to hide there crazy belief?

It can not be too hidden if it is a prerequirement of joining and you obviously found out about it.

That's basically what you're saying they are? That's kind of what I thought they were along. Ijust wanted to make sure.

No, that is what you are saying. What I said is written above.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

Baphomet, Goat of Mendes, and so on is not the Masonic Supreme Being nor worshiped in the Freemasons.

Mr. Levi never made it to the Scottish Rite. He was initiated March 14, 1861. There is also a date that says he dropped from membership on August 22, 1861, but also suggests he made it through the Master Mason degree around the same time.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
[

But that's not even my mainpoint. My main point is who is this supreme being , what does he do and why dou beliveh im? Yet you can't seem to answer the most basic questions about what appears to the basis of your secrect society.

God is the Supreme Being. How many Supreme Beings do you know of? It is a synonym.

So at the end of the day, The masons are just another group of people who belive a magical man in the sky who they have no proof exist. Yet are actually worse then the others because they decide to hide there crazy belief?

That's basically what you're saying they are? That's kind of what I thought they were along. Ijust wanted to make sure.

I think you are confused. A man must already have his belief in God figured out BEFORE he comes to masonry. We don't tell anyone who to believe in or what to believe. The reason has already been said. If you do not believe in God, that's fine. That's your business. And we aren't going to ride up on 10 speeds and try to convert you to any religion. That is what religions do. Nobody will force you to believe anything and nobody will force you to become a mason.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

I submit:

robert author Member

6------- 6 -------- 6

You sir, are the devil. It has been proven.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

A Mason fried once told me that yes, you have to admit in a supreme Being, something bigger that you. doesn't matter who or what. Religion, I was told, much like politics, are not discussed in the halls. Can a Mason confirm this?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Someone told me they read a book called The Second Messiah and in it the Freemasons are interested in Islam because its said the secret of where the holy grail is to be found within Islam. Isa in Islam is Jesus but he is just a prophet in the muslim religion. I want to know whether Isa which means Jesus is the same man who Christians worship. Also in this book it claims the freemasons will cause problems for the muslims, this could be why (not my theory) 9/11 happened to set up the world so they are against Islam.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If women have their own Freemasons group I would like to know I actually wouldn't mind joining a group who does't care what you believe or what religion as long as you have one to believe in where all ideas are open, no close mindedness the way it should be. That's a perfect world where we all can get along, but this reality and it's not like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by josephina

www.co-masonry.org...

This is the group. I Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Reptius

A Mason fried once told me that yes, you have to admit in a supreme Being, something bigger that you. doesn't matter who or what. Religion, I was told, much like politics, are not discussed in the halls. Can a Mason confirm this?

It is required that one who wishes to become a Mason believe in a Supreme Being, or Deity. The candidate is not questioned as to his personal religious opinions outside of this. However, in the Craft degrees, Freemasonry assumes the existence of God as revealed in the Judeo-Christian faiths.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Boredomsux

I am the only Muslim in my lodge and I was welcomed in with open arms...my best friends are my lodge brothers...I am a Master Mason and believe that when a person believes he is being watched and judged he will act in a more noble and honest manor. The true beliefe in God or an afterlife is what helps us make decisions on sin knowing that if we sin in front of God we may not be let into heaven.

Now for those atheists out there, I am sure that most of you are good people but I would trust a God fearing person over you any day...(not to be taken as an insult please)...I just believe when you fear entry into Heaven you tend to have a better moral compass (at least in this Century)...please do not bring up 1100AD Crusades etc...Muslim extremists...I am talking about the average person who tends church and is God fearing and loving.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
every religion has there extremists though

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes, I can confirm this. A Mason's religion is his own business. If the Jedi order believe in a supreme being, you can be a Jedi.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Welcome aboard Brother. And a Persian to boot. It is a pleasure to meet you.
Funny, my doctor is Persian, and she is soooo cute. Sorry, lost my train of thought.

S&F Brother.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Thank you brother, you said "CUTE" huh...can you pm me her number.... : ) j/k ... oh how I love woman..!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Did someone mention a cute Persian???

Claudia Lynx

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Well, if we Masons get to vote on our supreme being, she'd get my vote...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Well, if we Masons get to vote on our supreme being, she'd get my vote...

Well, I guess that leaves me one vote less. Thanks, pal.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Should be noted you do have to believe in a supreme being, but not actually be religious to join.
In other words, believe in a God without the pomp.

Of the Mason's I've known, they've varied between Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Jain, and Wiccan. I'm aware of at least one Buddhist Mason, Hindu masons, and a few of various different faiths that aren't one of the bigger or more well known.

I'm aware of a few versions of Freemasonry that allow atheists like myself to join, but I'm not particularly inclined to join those.

Personally, I appreciate Freemasonry because it does encourage people to get along well with those of other faiths. It's something we need.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Most lodges require you to be a gentleman who believes in a Supreme Being, namely, Scottish Rite, York Rite and Prince Hall lodges. However, there are other kinds of Freemasonry being practiced in America that those lodges consider not to be real Freemasonry.

There is a Grand Orient of the United States of America that allows atheists and women to join. Some GOUSA lodges work with Prince Hall lodges on community projects, etc.

In the Scottish Rite, they tell you that the GAOTU is a blank space for you to write in whatever God you want when you are doing Masonic prayer. Don't let them fool you, though, Freemasonry IS a religion and their God is not the Christian, Jewish, Islamic, etc. God, but a pagan God.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
HI,

I am interested in becoming a Mason, and I am fully aware that in order to I to become a freemason I am required to have a belief in God.

Well, since I dont follow any religion I would like to know if having the following belief will grant me a membership:
I believe that I have a soul, that my soul is what controls my body and its the true consciousness within me, my phisical brain is just a mere receptor for my soul, where all the real processing of though occurs. I further belief that I am a baby God, learning how to master my spiritual beliefs and to master my art of will power and the dominion over my defects (learning to control extreme sexual desires (aka Masturbation amongst others), learning to control my extreme desire to sleep too much therefore compromising on my responsibilities, and others areas of imperfections that I have to work on), I have already mastered the art of eating healthy, dumping all junk food, using water filter that filters out the fluoride, purchasing organic food only, as naturally as possible.

Also, I believe in reincarnation, if I did not did well enough to advance spiritually, then I get to reborn again to learn about my previous life's mistakes and hopefully get it right this time, and pay back karmic debt (if applicable).

Well, that's my faith.

Will such faiths be acceptable to them? After all, my belief is about as true as I possibly am able to get them and being a freemasonry to the best of my knowledge is about seeking the truth and absolute wisdom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join