It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campaign Commercials 1952 to 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I went looking for the "site" for the "Living Room Candidate", that I kept seeing ads about on the tv. I found the different presidential campaign commercials to be interesting if not hilarious. Some of the candidates, both Republican and Democrat used cartoons for their campaign commercials and then there are some Republicans that sounded more like a Democrat and vice-versa. You'll even see some Democrats help run commercials for a Republican candidate.

"The idea that you can merchandise candidates for high office like breakfast cereal is the ultimate indignity to the democratic process."
-Democratic candidate Adlai Stevenson, 1956

"Television is no gimmick, and nobody will ever be elected to major office again without presenting themselves well on it."
-Television producer and Nixon campaign consultant Roger Ailes, 1968

livingroomcandidate.movingimage.us...

G.W. Bush's campaign Commercials may help some remember why some people voted him into office and remind you to give thought to what he has not fullfilled in what he says are his Top Priorities,

[edit on 12-7-2004 by nanna_of_6]

[edit on 12-7-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am a Republican and I agree that Bush has not fulfilled many of the issues he campaigns for. He doesn't seem to even be following many of the major Republican ideals. I'm going to look towards the Libertarian Party this election....

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Compliments, good find.

I like the 1952, Eisenhower: Never Had it So Good ad. Almost rings true still, with the exception of the "economy"

1964, Goldwater: Boy on Bicycle, takes an old Washington quote.

Notice what issues are no longer mentioned, even if they still affect us. Quite the journey back in time.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I found this site pretty interesting, I had to giggle when I was checking out Nixon's commercials,..... I swear, I don't think he ever left that desk
, no doubt that was his favorite place to hang-out at when doing his campaign ads.

But, I agree, the 1952 up to the 1960's were different/interesting with the cartoons and all.
Ummm, maybe it would be interesting to list everything each year used as a campaign slogan that was the "same" and then list what was "different".

One thing I did notice that was different between the older campaigns and the newer campaigns. The parties didn't seem to "throw dirt" at each other, like the newer Campaign Parties do , now.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My fav ad ever is the one about Spiro Agnew.

The commercial shows his name and says Spiro Agnew Vice President and the guy just laughs in the background. LoL! Talk about a cheap shot!

Also, the mondalenomics commercials are funny too

[edit on 12-7-2004 by lockheed]

top topics

join