It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Garden of Eden, was it real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwordswu

It was a code for man never to build computers, that’s it and that’s all, the apple Macintosh was invented in 1984, and as you know after that, all hell broke out amongst the earth, it was a story of 2 humans not trusting the alien/serpent in the garden of Eden, the tree of knowledge was the computers that god did not want you all to create, the serpent was the alien that he didn’t want you all to trust with there knowledge. People conceived as an apple because in the mind of god ,that was the closest thing at that time he could say not directly pertaining to the apple Macintosh computer.

The world was suppose to be computer chip free, he knew that the same knowledge of the previous planet destruction would ultimately destroy this planet but you didn’t and now we are in sin.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think Eden was the term when the neolithic period began, when Sumerians adopted farming rather than hunter/gatherer. They began to work the land between the two rivers and that's when their society began to blow up. After that I believe theories of Eden began getting passed around. Remember, before that people were hunters/gatherers so all they did was roam. After the revolution people could make food in one spot and raise their crops and food.

Ancient Sumer was in a perfect place for irrigation. That is why I think the term Eden describes man's revolution from being a hunter to a farmer.

That is what I think though.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The British writer David Rohl thought he had found the exact valley in which Eden was located. He places it west of the Caspian Sea and just east of Lake Urumiya, and between the Sahand and Bazgush ridges, and the Kusheh-Dagh and Savalan ridges. You can check that on any good map of the eastern Turkey/western Iran area, but don't think for a minute that I agree totally with Rohl. If you want to check the source, it's all in Chapter 1 of his "The Lost Testament." BTW, I liked his first two books better.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Like most things in this world, its a matter of what you believe. Some people dont believe in it whatsoever, some read way into it, some go off on crazy theories, etc. Everybody and the brother has their own idea of what it is and where it was. I know the bible puts in the general area of the tigris and the euphrates, that is if you believe the bible is a historical record as well a book of stories and ways you should live your life. Well the garden of Eden was where the first humans lived and you gotta remember back then the continents were still all together and hadnt split apart yet. So in that sense the bible is correct in placing it in the middle east. Now flashforward to today, it could be hundreds of miles from where it was or if you believe in such things God could of hidden it or taken it from earth who knows. I've heard the mormons believe the garden of Eden is in the most interesting place, Jackson County, Missouri of all places and their reference on that is the book of mormon. Me personally I do believe it existed at one time and I honestly dont know where it could be but I've heard of some strange places people think it might be, just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Sure was

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I saw a history channel documentary on this a year or 2 ago, about the garden of eden. they oo said, 4 rivers meet. its in norther Iraq. satellite imagrty shows 2 possible dried up riverbeds meeting. so it would be in IRaq. it is possible, gods wrath, because of the sins of man, caused the sea to rise, washing away the garden of eden.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Originally posted by TupacShakur
No.

If the Garden of Eden was real and Adam and Eve really did live there, wouldn't humans have lots of wacky genetic mutations? There's two people, Adam and Eve, they have kids, and who do their kids reproduce with? Each other, which would result in either television-esque mutations, or it would just be really really weird and awkward. Or both.

So how did all these creatures (including us) come from? Humans would have had to mate with each other again and again to get kids regardless.Either way you look at it humans would have been a bi-product of incest whether you believe in evolution or creationism.

If you look at animals most males would be kicked out of the herd when they are big enough. The females will stay to reproduce. So if the first human was male who did he mate with? If the first human was female she would have mated with her dad.

incest it was. Adam with his own flesh with Eve although much was done prior to prevent the sin. They had 5 children. The first two was Cain and his twin sister Luluwa. The Able and his twin sister Aklemia. After Cain killed Able he ran away with his own twin Luluwa as his wife. The fith child was Seth. Seth was paired with Aklemia. For further reference do a web search for the Books of Adam or you can go here and read the first and second books of Adam and Eve. I think the births start some place around chapter LXXIV.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
As for the G of E being in Jackson County, Missouri, there is some confusion there. My dad and I were, some years ago, on our way to Gallatin, Missouri to do some genealogical research. No, we're not Mormons, in fact family tradition holds that my paternal great-grandfather was almost hung as a spy on the orders of Brigham Young himself, but he made a quick exit from SLC - but that's another story. Anyway, we were on our way to Gallatin, in Daviess County, when we saw one of those Historical Markers, saying that that spot was named by Joseph Smith as the G of E. A little www research tells me that Smith only named the spot as the place where Adam & Eve lived after expulsion from the G of E.

As for the Jackson County location of the G of E, my friend Tim, who grew up in Independence [now locally known as "Methdependence" due to all the meth labs], and whose family used to be RLDS, calls eastern Jackson County "the land that Time couldn't forget, but desperately wanted to."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Garden of Eden was a real place, the ruins are located in the Rashaya South Basin, Lebanon.

For more details, please visit www.edentourism.com or www.goldenageproject.org.uk.

This conclusion was comprehensively mapped out by Christian O'Brien in his 1985 book, "The Genius of The Few" where he identified it through descriptions given in the earliest Nippur Tablets (The Barton Cylinder, etc), Atrahasis and The Book of Enoch, along with the Bible. The Sumerians who were first recorded to have written about it called it "Kharsag".

Eden was also field walked recently in an initial survey which has provided the first video (unreleased) and photographic evidence of the site for peer review. Please see the maps section of my Eden Tourism website for both Christian O'Brien's and my own placement maps for the structures at this REAL place.

He identified this site as the starting point of the Neolithic (Agricultural) Revolution at around 9,500BC, soon after the Younger Dryas. Inescapable evidence includes the the development of Jericho soon after this date, along with cultivated figs dug up on the other side of Mount Hermon and cultivated crops starting at Tel Abu Huera, not very far to the North by 9,050BC.

You can also see the ruins of a man-made reservoir, great watercourse and irrigation channels on Google Earth, along with other structures.

The theories about Eden being a central site of the agricultural revolution between the Tigris and Euphrates are disproven archaeologically as there would have been ice-flows in this area as agriculture started in the North Western bend of the fertile crescent, not the South East... and that Sumerian civilization didn't move to Eridu, their first city until around 5,500BC.
edit on 29-1-2011 by paygan because: Inserted Map of The Garden of Eden

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was still shocked after reading this 'story' from this site...you def wouldn't regret it.Be patience!

The Hidden Black Book of sophia de wisdom.The Fallen one

I still couldn't recover from shock of some 'truth'....OMFGIH

WTFFFFFFFFFF

edit on 4-2-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The story of Adam and Eve is about when our consciousness changed. Before we were like the animals, not aware of ourselves. Imagine that animals can think, but humans can think about their thinking, so can judge the thoughts in a dualistic way, good/bad, right/wrong, etc. Therefore, before Adam and Eve there was really no sin, the word sin did not exist. The word sin is a concept, before the word, there could be no sin. This is why they no longer lived in paradise, yet they still lived in the garden of Eden. We still live in the garden of Eden. However, because we have the audacity to judge Gods beautiful creation, we no longer live in paradise.
We are all searching for the paradise lost, it is here always.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Look up legends on the name of "Lilith".

Supposedly she was the first wife of Adam.

Some legends say she was dispelled from Eden, some say she created the (or: a) 'paradise'.

She appears in many legends, but is always connected with Eden.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You didn't think it was fantasy did you?

Of Course it's Real...that is the Second Time Around!

Bon Apetite!

[R]…The Garden of Avila in Eden by Riven…[R]

sites.google.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i read something about it perhaps being in the hollow earth..

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes, Garden of Eden is real.
It's located somewhere in Iraq and that's where we get our petroleum and oil from. The decaying of plants and animal matter over time produces petroleum.

"I made the nations shake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to hell together with those who descend into the Pit; and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the depths of the earth."
Ezekial 32:16 NKJV

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes, Garden of Eden is real.
It's located somewhere in Iraq and that's where we get our petroleum and oil from. The decaying of plants and animal matter over time produces petroleum.

"I made the nations shake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to hell together with those who descend into the Pit; and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the depths of the earth."
Ezekial 32:16 NKJV

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I personally think that Eden existed where the Sahara Desert is today. If you look at a map of the super continent Pangaea, you will see that the Sahara is right in the middle. (Now this is only a theory based on logical guesses, I guess you could say) There is tons of evidence for the Earth being only 6,000 years old (look at #2 and #4 on this link for two examples: www.remnantofgod.org... ).

Pangaea didn't break up until after the flood of Noah. This would explain how all the animals were able to easily repopulate the earth afterwards, plus if you look at where Turkey is located today, the animals would still be able to repopulate every continent except North America (perhaps a land bridge existed for some time between Asia and the U.S.) and Antarctica, even if Pangaea broke up before or during the flood.

Anyway, to me it would seem that when God created the Garden of Eden, He would put it right in the middle of the one land mass that existed, and that he used the flood in order to destroy the Garden of Eden along with the rest of the Earth. Hence, the Sahara desert is one of the most barren places in the world.

I could be far off, and I'm not trying to guess at something that God has done without knowing exactly what I'm talking about, but it seems logical to me!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The garden of eden was, imo, more of a metaphorical means of identifying a previous, actual realm of existence based on the ideals of oneness with love. More of an aspect of being than an actual place.

What the Garden of Eden represents is a pre agrarian nomadic lifestyle without exploitation of others.

Human natue could't let that go on for very long now could it.

I think som scholors followed the location names (Nod and the like) and hypothesised that Eden was somewhere around Iran.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

50. Did the human race begin with one man only?

"No; he whom you call Adam was neither the first nor the only man who peopled the earth."

51. Is it possible to know at what period Adam lived?

"About the period which you assign to him, that is to say, about 4000 years before Christ."

The man of whom, under the name of Adam, tradition has preserved the memory, was one of those who, in some one of the countries of the globe, survived one of the great cataclysms which at various epochs have changed its surface, and who became the founder of one of the races that people the earth at the present day. The laws of nature render it impossible that the amount of progress which we know to have been accomplished by the human race of our planet long before the time of Christ could have been accomplished so rapidly as must have been the case if it had only been in existence upon the globe since the period assigned as the date of Adam. The opinion most consonant with reason is that which regards the story of Adam as a myth, or as an allegory personifying the earliest ages of the world Diversity of Human Races.
www.spiritwritings.com...

Different races had their garden of eden. The lake Titicaca area was considered a lush, farm-able region that was a refuge for the survivors of the deluge. The peoples who survived the floods did so by living in the mountains, plateaus, or on boats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join