It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's about time someone of stature went after them on this. All their patdowns are useless. If you want to stop terrorism, you have to use Israel's methods. ...and I hate to break it to ya, but, that involves profiling the group that produces 98% of all terrorist activities. Anyone want to venture a guess on that one?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You're right of course, it's just that I get soo pissed off when people think that everyone else should forfeit their rights because they're scared and want to feel a little safer. Then they have the balls to call those of us that aren't afraid and are willing to risk themselves for the rights of others crybabies....

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This will get thrown out, i bet.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura rocks!

He is a genuine and sincere person who is aware of the world's true politics. And all indications thus far have shown that he can't be bought by the New World Order. My god, it boggles the mind... a man who knows who he is and is aware of his place in the universe.

Unlike Ahnuld Schwarzenegger... the New World Order bought him like a cheap whore.

I like to compare Jesse Ventura with Ahnuld because the two have had similar experiences with wealth and fame. And Jesse Ventura has chosen to lift himself above it all. Do you all realize how difficult accomplishing that can be?

Props!

edit on 26-1-2011 by Sabier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

The U.S. Government?

2nd line...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Wow Good for him GL Jesse.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
the thing that cracks me up is that osama says keep your mits out of Muslim affairs which the US says no you make us, so he blows some stuff up and is like see I am not afraid of you and then the us is like fine our citizens dont mean # to us anyway so well hand rape them until they dont want to travel anymore so we can keep all of the money in the US and build our power base on there fears too.

Either let the marines obliterate the Taliban with ruthless efficiency or get the hell out of there but the aforementioned hand rape does no good to this country it's image or it's future. If you want to stop bad people make there matrydom take weeks to accomplish slowly and with cruel measures or stop flattening there towns and creating more.

Fack if somebody blew up my city I'd mail them a damn bomb too.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I really applaud Jesse in his efforts. He may not win, but any fair judge would have to admit the following:

1. The TSA is a paramilitary organization.
2. It searches and performs seizures of property outside of the court system.
3. It interferes in peoples' private activities outside the justice system.
4. It abuses its mandate, and in some cases, is criminal itself.

I've always thought the TSA was a waste of time and money. The world is dangerous, kids. Cars crash, planes get hijacked. The main reason the 9/11 hijackers were successful is because the people on those planes didn't realize that the plane would be used as a missile. The same could not happen easily again, and terrorists are constantly looking for ways around the TSA anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
you want jesse to use his moxie to co-sue together with thousands of others?

find a way to contact him and get the idea into his brain

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fevrier

Ooooh I like that idea. A class action suit! Problem is, I haven't flown in years. A great idea though.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
reply to post by Xcathdra

Personally, why not use dogs? They are FAR less intrusive to the average passerby, and if someone DOES have something on them, the dog will smell it long before some machine could catch it. An added bonus is the fact that the dogs are a hell of a lot cheaper than those machines anyway.

I'd sooner submit to a dog sniff search than a TSA-sponsored pat down.

TheBorg
edit on 25-1-2011 by TheBorg because: (no reason given)

Next to that the scare-factor of a german shepherd or rottweiler sniffing you up, most who have something to hide will break up in sweat just seeing some of them walking around.

Dogs are some of the best, cheapest and most reliable security measures around.

Not to mention they are simply awesome

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

jesse ventura is my hero, skullet and all ; )

=

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ventura is just amazing. This guy keeps getting better and better. He's constantly going after those people that are making our lives very difficult. He used to be a governor yet gets treated badly. Also, it's really expensive to have a private jet. I was told by a friend after mentioning that I'd like to have a private jet that a flight from like Virginia to St. Louis is about 50k.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Oh Man, I am sorry but that is just too dang funny! I am glad somebody is using their celebrity status to help the common man with a common problem for a change. I am not a JV fan, but he has definitely earned my support on this one!!

You go man!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I would rather have pat downs than be x-rayed by those cancer causing machines.

What about you guys? Is it better to lose your dignity or your life???

Thanks for allowing my 2 cents.

According to the youtube with the interview with Ventura, they are not talking about just pat downs. They are not talking about the more evasive pat downs where the TSA is feeling you through your clothes. Ventura said TSA has taken the next step. In some cases, they are now going down the people's pants and even panties.

Do you really want the TSA to stick their hands down your pants or worse? Ventura asked the question what's next?

If that is not invasive search, which we are suppose to be free from then I don't know what is. I hope Ventura follows through, and ends up winning his case. Hopefully then we can get some of our freedom and dignity back.

As far as loosing your life, as others have already proved on other forums, these techniques are not really increasing our safety. The safest airport is in Israel I believe and does not use any of the techniques we do. What do they do to have some of the safest airports? Profile people, which seems to be a dirty word here. It seems profiling actually works, but we don't do it because of the politically correct crowd.

I rather be at an airport where they profiled people than one that treated everyone as an enemy of the state.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura's intentions are honorable.. but I'm sad to say that there is a good possibility that he will fail against the all powerful government.

If/when he does it could be very bad because this may be a stepping stone for the feds. If they can violate our personal space in airport searches then what will be next? ..really could be anything. Maybe it's just for a protection..i don't know, but i don' think i want to see how far their willing to go "to protect us."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I will not fly, and have not flown in several years now, due to security bulls..t. If I remember correctly, I'm more likely to die in a car crash, then being blown up in a plane or crashing in a plane...and that was before 9/11.

I hope this turns up the heat on this issue; It needs to be resolved.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I haven't flown since May 2008, so I have yet to be subjected to the new TSA screening. I think everyone who has should band together and file a class action lawsuit.

I don't know if one can be filed against a government department, but it would make a big statement.

$$$$$ and power are the only things that matter to these institutions. Hit them in the wallet. A class action lawsuit wil take money and power back.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
granted it's from theblaze.com ..... but go to 1:10 of the video.... she says it herself

D - Hilary Clinton
Click Here

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
bang em out jesse!

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join