It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
By feeling us up and "owning" us at the airport, their aim is domination and submission, so that the public will acquiesque and assume the role of cattle, that's what it's all about a psychological operation, for which the underwear bomber and shoe bomber played their role to a t. What a pathetic disgrace and outrage!

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it if someone else said this, but there is something very specific going on here.
Think about this.
Janet Napolitano says something to the effect of "if you dont like it, dont fly". That's exactly what they want. This is a two fold effort to rob citizens.
Effort 1: Reduce the desire and ability to commute, gather, organize, travel, or relocate. This keeps citizens localized and accounted for in the event they need to create a disaster or just enforce the police state agenda.
Effort 2: Reduce the financial statements of the citizens via another massive bailout. You know its coming. The government is unappologetic about their role in this, only stating that if you dont like, leave it. Well, if enough people stop flying, the commercial airline industry is bound for a crash. What are they going to do next? Ask for government support in the form of financial relief. This gets paid for by you and I in the form of tax dollars and the government gets a greater measure of control over the industry at large.

So, can you not see the agenda here? Its about taking over the commercial industry and reducing people's ability to move around the country.

Add to that now with the strike force units coming to an Arena or Bus Station near you, and you see how this is being escalated. It is another control step being taken to soften up and hammer down the US population in the next phase of government control.

There is a lot more to come, as we push forward into the one world government. China is doing their part. Russia theirs. Even many European countries are in the mix now. The US is the toughest holdout because the adults of today were brought up in a much freer society and are striking out at losing that. One more generation to go before the beat down can be complete.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
These security checkpoints really are a joke. I have been working in monsterious gooberment buildings, decked with marble floors and walls, and everytime I go to smoke a cig or go to my vehicle to get a tool, I have to go back through this lip service that is called a checkpoint. I have bags with wires and tools that really resemble a, dare I say, bomb, they only verify if I have id, but dont look up to see if its actually me, and the worst part is, sometimes they check, sometimes they dont. Sometimes im told to just bypass it alltogether, you would think that would make me happy, but it doesn't, these people make good money, money I am paying them via taxes, and its all for show. The most expensive visual deterrent ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

kstp.com

In a complaint filed Monday morning in the U.S. District Court for Minnesota, Ventura is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its secretary, Janet Napolitano, as well as the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and its administrator, John Pistole.

Ventura accuses the agencies of violating his "basic rights to privacy and dignity, and his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures," after he received a pat-down by a TSA agent at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in November 2010.

(visit the link for the full news article)

All i can say to that is

This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me
- Jesse Ventura

Looks like he wasn't kidding

edit on 25-1-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think the government will just IGNORE Jessie's lawsuit, and no judge will pass it up to the Supreme Courts -- not that those fascists wouldn't dismiss it -- but because, they don't want to bang on the cage we are all stuck in.

Have we gotten out of the illegal wars yet?
Have we let the people we've tortured and without charges go yet?
Has Extraordinary Rendition stopped?
Has anyone but the token "guy who ripped off the wrong people" (Bernie Maddoff) seen anything beyond a slap on the wrist?
Has justice occurred somewhere that involved one of the many thousands of billionaires -- or does it just apply to the average folks in this country?
How about some of those prosecutors get removed and maybe we can follow up on rigged voting machines?

The excuse, of course, is that you are getting on a "private" run plane, you have a CHOICE. Of course, if you are on business, and you choose to fight for your Constitutional rights, the company you work for is not going to be happy having an employee on the No-Fly-List; therefore, it's kind of an instant Black List to complain. Moreover -- the search and seizure laws ONLY apply to the government -- but then again, if I hired an outside contractor at a school to bring in a priest and proselytize kids -- it would STILL be the government ex post facto endorsing a Religion. This is JUST LIKE, getting caught building databases on everyone in the country - so you spin off the Total Information Awareness project into a private firm run by Poindexter... it's a distinction without a difference. My company, can't go through my personal belongings -- but hey, let's not let anyone know that the Constitution is merely an inconvenient suggestion.

But there you go; AT&T spies on you for the government, and TSA fondles you and treats you like a suspect -- but it's at the behest of the government ... but the government runs for the benefit of major multinational corporations -- so it's even worse. Some douche-bag wants to sell us billions of dollars worth of scanners -- they pay into the old congressman's fund and out pops a NEED to have thousands of scanners.

What REALLY makes me angry -- is that I know that any Terrorist with some intelligence and financing, would have NO PROBLEM getting something on the plane. The "Underwear Bomber" has some sophisticated explosives, but he thought he could light it in the bathroom -- when of course, 10 seconds of training might cover the fact that it "needed an electric current." The Public and the TV Media didn't seem to get notified of the Congressional Investigation that went nowhere -- it seems the CIA forced the State Department to put the bomber back on the plane.

So, you know, REAL Terrorists, and those "Convenient Terrorists" who have FBI handlers, can get on a plane. You and I will get thrown into prison if we accidentally carry a knife in our hand bag -- of COURSE they know you aren't a terrorist, but how the Hell does anyone get promoted at the TSA chasing bogey men who mostly don't exist unless there is some military appropriations bill or some pesky "Constitutional" right that needs addressing?

You set up an agency that's sole reason for existing is finding bad guys -- darn right it is GOING to find bad guys, and if you fit that profile with a bit of nudging and willful ignorance -- tough luck.

>> Crap like this, MAKES people angry, and makes things LESS secure. If I were stuck in some totalitarian regime, that constantly made me live in fear -- I certainly wouldn't have a desire to protect the status quo. How many, good, taxpaying patriotic citizens are going to give a crap, when the only difference between us and the former USSR is an accent?

There is NO WAY to make this country more secure, except by the will of the people in it. The more we act like jerks in this world as a country - the more ill will we build up. Our security is merely a stage play, to give more power to people who have no principles.

Would anyone here let Dick Cheney or someone else responsible for this "Homeland Security" babysit their kids? I'd probably feel safer with some random person from State Prison -- at least there is a chance that some of them are only occasionally angry and not Psychopaths. That's how I felt the whole time the "Patriot Act" was being endorsed, and I get sick to the stomach when anyone mentions "finishing what we started" in Afghanistan -- as if they gave a rats ass about those people.

>> But other than that -- I'm happy that Jessie is putting up a fight. It's not the point that he is going to WIN anything -- but the point is that he isn't too afraid to back down.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Well strap this on your sore A$%^ Blane!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I can imagine the CIA, FBI, DHS, TSA, IRS and every other Government Initial will be searching everywhere to get the Goods on Jesse. If the Governments Loses the case, they lose control over the Public. The government has spent a lot of time and money to ensure they have control. The government has already pulled the show, proving the Government is not interested in Freedom and Democracy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I would have done this too, but I currently don't have the ability. I am surprised more people aren't suing. I guess no one else has the ability. If I was a super model especially I would sue them for stealing copyright material. I would go in there and ask not to be scanned due to my copyright material, aka my body, then I would tell them that I didn't appreciate the way they touched me and go on my flight. I would do it on a super big model show so it would become a big deal. I would sue them for sexual harassment. I wouldn't win, but I would try to cause an annoyance.

I am curious to see how all of the TSA business goes, not just as far as Jesse goes, but the whole thing. I hope it doesn't get worse. It would be sick if they wanted to go any further than this.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Bonus Fact of the Night: Sowing needles are allowed on planes (when accompanied by yarn).

This I was totally unaware of. Your telling me that I can bring a large sewing needle onto an airplane if I have some yarn, but I can not carry a bottle of water or nail clippers because those are dangerous to other passengers?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Good maybe this will give the government, and the public more incentive to support Magnet Trains, and other more technologically advanced forms of transportation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

No not at all. If you are talking about police officers searching me for no reason. I'm talking about flying on an airplane. You don't want to play by the rules of the plane company then take a bus. Charter your own private flight. Buy your own plane (not out of the question, I've known middle class people that own Cessna's.) Let me ask you...what is YOUR alternative. I hear a lot of people who don't like these security checks, but few people have any good Ideas. How would you increase security without "invading" someones privacy? It can't totally be done. I tell ya what....why doesn't someone start their own everybody gets on, no questions asked, airline? No pat, downs....no electric gizmo's that scare people when they make buzzing noises. You got a ticket...you ride. Bring shotguns, Uzi's, Semi Automatics.....Bombs, Grenades, Sarin Gas Cannisters....whatever you want! You can ride that one. I'll happily ride my safe airline, even if they make us ride naked! LOL!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Right on Jesse Get em'... I love it, the man walks the walk! Brass set!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Portugoal

Bonus Fact of the Night: Sowing needles are allowed on planes (when accompanied by yarn).

This I was totally unaware of. Your telling me that I can bring a large sewing needle onto an airplane if I have some yarn, but I can not carry a bottle of water or nail clippers because those are dangerous to other passengers?

Yes. I don't see how sowing needles accompanied by yarn are at all dangerous... I mean the only thing you can possibly do with them is make a sweater, right? Nail clippers without nails = deadly.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have always liked Jesse and completely support him in this effort.

People speak of living in a 'free society' that is kept that way by our military, etc. This continued illegal search and seizure (when they remove water, shampoo, nail clippers, etc.) is absurd and anyone using it under the guise of "safety" has swallowed the propaganda...hook, line and sinker.

As others have noted, there are many ways to create terror whether through random shootings (see Tucson), planes, subways, movie theaters, sporting events, etc. The bad guys may get some of us but the beauty of our nation is that we do not run, we do not hide, we do not curl up shivering in our basements waiting for the boogieman to come get us. Too many Americans have turned into sniveling cowards that expect Big Brother to save us when they are actually the root cause of these problems.

Airlines have been flying for decades before all of this overt security started with few problems. A few were hijacked but we did not implement these draconian measures until after 9/11 and (believe what you will about the true nature of that act) this is a knee-jerk reaction used to placate the frightened Americans that they are doing something to protect you when in actuality, they are the cause of it. We are involved in terrorism ourselves (see Iran and our associations with terrorist groups there), have meddled and allowed our hubris to interfere in places we did not belong, had our leaders bought and influenced by corporate interests, and continue to create enemies worldwide through our chest-thumping arrogance of believing we can solve everyone's problems when we cannot even solve our own.

This is a perfect example of the Big Brother attitude that far too many of us now accept. And those that do are the enablers of those that will harm you in the name of safety. I would rather die a free man than be alive in the bondage of security.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I good to see some one standing up for peoples rights.

In my opinion, it is never okay to give up rights for safety. The government does not know whats best for us and never will. Don't get me wrong. I still think there should be laws, but not frivolous ones that the government uses to control us.

Go Jesse!! You Rock!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Jesse just might be the person who will pursue this issue like a pit bull.

I think we all want to be safe, but how far do we want to take "safety?" Life is never going to be 100% safe, it's just part of the condition we are in on earth.

Do we really want to be monitored 24/7 everywhere we go? Cameras, security everywhere. That's too much like prison, where no one is trusted. It's like one big lock down; this is something we do not want as a nation.

Who's tax dollars do you think will pay for this? More government, more security.

You can't bubble wrap the entirety of everything. Of course, I don't necessarily think this is all about safety anyway. But....

And the reality is, this world is not full of terrorists. They simply are not "everywhere" like we are being led to believe.

There has got to be some level of trust given to the average citizen, who is a good and contributing member of society. These people don't need to be patted down. We aren't guilty until proven innocent.

Troy
edit on 26-1-2011 by cybertroy because: added comment

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Jesse just might be the person who will pursue this issue like a pit bull.

Jesse Ventura is merely looking for a meal ticket, the fatter the better. I wonder how many times he told the TSA that he was a Navy Seal and a former governor - he throws that around at least a dozen times a day.
He expects it to unlock any door he encounters.

And the reality is, this world is not full of terrorists. They simply are not "everywhere" like we are being led to believe.

There has got to be some level of trust given to the average citizen, who is a good and contributing member of society. These people don't need to be patted down. We aren't guilty until proven innocent.

Troy

So, you want the airlines and the air industry and - ME! - to trust you because you are an 'average citizen'?

What constitutes an average citizen? How do we recognize one? Be careful not to profile!

And what do you do when one of these 'average citizens' breaks your trust and slits your throat with a box cutter as you're sliding into seat 18B?

But this is the part of your post that interests me the most:

Is that a fact? How many terrorists are there, and where are they right now? That kind of info would be very useful, so please, share it with us...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
What I can say about Jesse, taking him at face value, is he has enough guts to talk about topics most people don't talk about on TV. I've seen how news reporters try to shut down his conversation. He must be onto something.

You want a number of terrorists? Come on. I can tell you for sure, the percentage of evil people to the rest of us is pretty low. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Bin Laden's cronies at Wal-Mart. If they are active, I wonder where at in my neck of the woods? Terrorism is just a word for something we are supposed to live in fear of, yet it rarely takes place.

And really, do we really need to be "patted down and monitored" in all aspects of our life. I thought I lived in a free country, not a prison. I'm not a criminal or terrorist, are you?

Security, yes, but we don't need to get extreme about it.

If you want to live in a prison, move on in. I'm sure they can find a spare bed for you.

Troy

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I enjoy the fact that he has the determination to stand up to them, but I think that the lawsuit is frivolous and most probably wont make it close to a real court room.

Lets hope it attracts some kind of attention.

Personally I am not sure of Americas stance on this new airport screening technique as I do not live in the U.S.

Although I do remember traveling there in 2004 and having both my wife and I "Searched" going through JFK airport and remember feeling uncomfortable as the way it was handled.
I understand the safety concerns during that period but still felt the degree was unnecessary.

Ill be back in the U.S in a few months and I am sure i will have to go through this new screening procedure, so i guess i will have a first hand experience as an outsider as to how it will feel.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Homeland security it goes further and further.

I could not find the right spot to post this, so since TSA is linked to homeland security, I decided to post this video here.
Hope the lawsuit Jesse has filed, works out in a way. like,,, abandon all homeland security projects.

This is getting crazy.

(by the way if someone decides to make an thread about this video, feel free to do. I only could find this video and no other sources)
edit on 26-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join