It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

You think we're being the cxrybabies??? Because you're a big chicken# pussie, you expect us to let our rights be violated.

The way it should work is that some airlines will implement stricter controls for pussies like you, and some will implement lesser controls for those that don't wish to be hasseled.

Jaden

You could accomplish giving your opposing opinion without resorting to name-calling and profanity. We strive for better than that here, we don't always accomplish it but I think most are trying.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
PROOF that the pat downs work...

80 handguns smuggled into Britain
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"The fact that he was able to carry on undetected for so long is bad. That he was stopped at least once with guns in his bags and was then allowed to catch his flight is astonishing."

edit on 25-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Give it to 'em Jesse!!!!! Do whatever you have to do man, because the whole world needs to know what's going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Way to go Jesse!!! He has the $$$ to make sure this law suit doesn't fizzle out. Say what you want about Ventura, at least he backs his talk with action. He's the only one besides Ron Paul that isn't afraid to say it like it is. This is going to be interesting, I'll just have to sit back and watch the fireworks!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I would rather have pat downs than be x-rayed by those cancer causing machines.

What about you guys? Is it better to lose your dignity or your life???

Thanks for allowing my 2 cents.

I think it is a false dilemma. We shouldn't only have the choice of being blasted with radiation or being groped, LITERALLY, by a government employee. We didn't have to before. I'm sick of the rest of us being punished for something other retards do all in the name of safety.

I'm going to see my dad in May. He lives 2000 miles away from me. I have no choice but to fly when I only have a certain amount of time I can take off from work to see him once a year. I am so dreading the ordeal. It was bad enough having to remove your shoes, your lotion, your belt, your jacket, your laptop, etc. etc. and then replacing it all again before you head to the gate. Now I have to worry about someone seeing me practically naked and being bombarded with radiation or having some TSA agent run her grubby hands all over and under my breasts and crotch. It's completely bogus and none of us should stand for this!!

GO JESSEE!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

So you're one of those people that are of the mind we should give up certain rights to privacy and unwarranted search and seizure so we can all feel a little safer?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Way to go Jesse. We need an uprising against the insanity in DC. I hope Ventura tells TSA and Nappy where to stick their rules and silly sh*t S&F!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I will support Jesse "They Body" Ventura. He won't win but hope this garners much attention to how our rights are being taken away piece by piece. Sadly many don't care.

Of not a few weeks maybe a month back I read an article about a plane I believe it was in Turkey was hijacked and the people on board immediatly stormed the hijacker and held him until the plane landed. I waited for it to hit the news and to no real shock it never did. Scanning for bombs is fine and has been done for a long time but this body search stuff is ridiculous. Any hijacker gets jumps up on a plane anywhere anymore and the people on board will take things into their own hands. I think 9-11 has taught us that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Airport Screening

Year to date statistics on Airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security:

Transvestites 133

Hernias 1,485

Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172

Enlarged Prostates 8,249

Breast Implants 59,350

Natural Blonds 3

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
He is certainly one guy I don't mind having in government! All we need now, is for someone up here in Canada to do the same thing. Seems like our governments are full of pussies!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Honestly speaking, I cant see this argument going anywhere. The terms to fly is you must submit to the security in place. Since TSA is not operating under the color of law, they carry different authority, as well as requirements, than what law enforcement has (they have more authority than we do at times).

He does not have to subject to the pat down / frisk / search. The tradeoff on that is he wont be allowed to fly. Even if we remove all security checkspoints and let whomever have access, you still run into the same thing.

The moment you make it to the airplane entrance, you can be refused boarding. Its a private business, and the airplanes themselves are also private property, with the Captain having ultimate authority over that domain.

The constitution gaurantees freedom of movement, within a state border as well as across a state boarder. What it does not do is guarantee the method of travel. The options exist to fly, drive, call a cab, by a bus ticket, ride a bike, or even use shoe leather express.

While I agree with the majority of people about the T&A... errr TSA gropedown, I think approaching the argument from this manner will not go anywhere.

The question is, what can be done to improve or replace the patdowns? I know we all complain about it, but what is the solution?

Sure its a private business, so what are the Feds doing there?

Security should be left up to the airlines, and the people can then decide which airline security they like the best.

You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a terrorist.

By the way, what are those critters on your Avatar?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Wait, after all the hoopla around the TSA pat downs, you're telling me he's the first person to file a law suit?

I agree and I second the question. But I will add this - He's probably the only one with the biggest you know whats and biggest wallet to do so.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Only Jesse Ventura could lay the Smackdown on the Pat-Down!

Though Jesse should stay far away from politic because he’s a good genuine man. He probably learned that while being Governor. That’s unfortunately the dilemma toward the politic world that has become too corrupt. He’s going after all the demagoguery that could put his life in danger right now but he’s got enough courage and class to do it. Not like some other party line hypocrites out there.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Jesse Ventura.. So what if he used to be a professional wrestler... There are lot worse things a person could be.... Consistently he confronts TPTB and calls them on their short comings. Now he sticks it to the TSA.. Good.. I wish more people would..

and yes Jesse Ventura or Ron Paul (or both on a ticket) 2012

Well Those People Jessie and & Ron are in T-he Powers T-hat B-e Sights ! at all times !

Jessie was Drilled with Questions in by the CIA just as soon as he been elected as Governor ! as they did not see him coming.. as He would of Been a Threat to them from his no hold barred Speaking as a Free Thinker

for as both of them either be a President or Vice President It wouldn't Happen The Powers That Be Wouldn't let it ...

If they Were....
Jessie & Paul would be attached with a Gag (Parrot-tized) & Strings by the Masters of Puppets !

Just like what Happend to Obama ! if the Truth was Known !

Simple Fact is the Government Official's & Activists that Lash out against the Government were either Were Assassinated( JFK,Malcolm X MLK-jr ) or were Just Put Away

List of assassinated American politicians (16 Democrats) (6 Republicans)
en.wikipedia.org...

or

List of assassinated American politicians
en.wikipedia.org...

United States Congress members killed or wounded in office (14 Democrats) ( 8 Republican)
en.wikipedia.org...

IMO
Frequent Fliers should be Carded & Exempted and Just Have a Baggage Search ...

Well you will see the one that will get away with it is these Muslim Woman with Burkas on DE PLANE !

edit on 25-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I was having a talk over break about these new procedures, and my dad turned to me and said, look, if I wanted to do some damage on a plane I would pull the emergency hatch and everyone not buckled in would fly out. Cant do a pat down for that TSA!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

I was having a talk over break about these new procedures, and my dad turned to me and said, look, if I wanted to do some damage on a plane I would pull the emergency hatch and everyone not buckled in would fly out. Cant do a pat down for that TSA!

Im not sure if its done now but i remember George Carlin said about airport security in one of this concerts in the late 90s all you need to do is Order a Steak and they would hand you a Knife !

(in the Late 90s) Things have Changed but still he's right loosing the Illusion of freedom for security
George Carlin on Airport Security See 1.00 min Mark !!!!!!

edit on 25-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I understand that he doesn't have to submit to the search and won't fly, but the more important question is why is the TSA able to impose rules that violate the constitution? What if they set up x ray machines at the grocery store and you had to submit to buy food. That doesn't seem right does it?
edit on 25-1-2011 by veritaslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Honestly speaking, I cant see this argument going anywhere. The terms to fly is you must submit to the security in place. Since TSA is not operating under the color of law, they carry different authority, as well as requirements, than what law enforcement has (they have more authority than we do at times).

He does not have to subject to the pat down / frisk / search. The tradeoff on that is he wont be allowed to fly. Even if we remove all security checkspoints and let whomever have access, you still run into the same thing.

The moment you make it to the airplane entrance, you can be refused boarding. Its a private business, and the airplanes themselves are also private property, with the Captain having ultimate authority over that domain.

The constitution gaurantees freedom of movement, within a state border as well as across a state boarder. What it does not do is guarantee the method of travel. The options exist to fly, drive, call a cab, by a bus ticket, ride a bike, or even use shoe leather express.

While I agree with the majority of people about the T&A... errr TSA gropedown, I think approaching the argument from this manner will not go anywhere.

The question is, what can be done to improve or replace the patdowns? I know we all complain about it, but what is the solution?

Would you be so kind as to explain or show us from where the authority is derived for ANY "law" enforcement and NOT corporate policy "enforcement". Even though the airlines ARE private corporations, because they SELL tickets to board the plane, they can only go so far in the expectations of the public to act in a decent and responsible manner, they CAN NOT infringe or demand to search YOUR private property any more than we can demand to search theirs. It is the fairness doctrine. If a cab driver wants a fair, he can not demand a strip search either. This is where the Ex-post-facto laws are forbidden, if it was not this way before, only through the decietful act of or in the name of "terrorism" can this BS be enforced. Just wish the brainwashed TSA agents would wake up. It is a Tort to violate ones 4th and 5th amendment protected natural rights.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I say good for Jessie - I traveled over the xmas holidays to see my parents - and on the way back I had to go through the advanced screening. After they took the x-ray (didn't want the pat down) I asked em how did my nudes look?

I was told if I made any more remarks of that nature I would be charged.

Bunch of #$#@@ - lets just say I wasn't amused.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My friends,

This [he] wont get far even if he is well known and has big bucks in his trucks. He is just a blimp in the eye's of the big boys. Sure, it will cause a stir but for how long....until he's told to STFU and silenced?

Sure

Dont get me wrong, his heart is in the right place for sure...but meh!

Be safe be well

Spiro

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join