It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US can't link Julian Assange to Bradley Manning: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

US can't link Julian Assange to Bradley Manning: report

www.rawstory.com

One avenue by which the United States could press charges against Julian Assange appeared to have closed Monday, with US military officials' admission that they can't find a link between the WikiLeaks founder and PFC Bradley Manning, the alleged source of WikiLeaks' State Department cables.

News reports late last year indicated that the US was trying to build a criminal conspiracy case against Assange through evidence that he aided Manning when the Army private allegedly copied more than a quarter million classified State Department cables onto CD and walked away with them.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
And yet ANOTHER angle which 'prosecutors' have come up empty handed against Assange, despite them trying just about any angle they can to hang him on some charge.

So he WAS telling the truth after all, that he had no hand in Manning's aquiring of the docs he obtained.

I'm sure there will be more charges coming, especially in light of Assange's promise to begin releasing new material in the coming months. Just wonder what types of charges TPTB will trump up against him next?

This guy has proven to be quite adept at covering his bases thus far...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I was going to write a lengthy opinion but then I remembered a quote by someone that captures my feelings regarding this development in a more briefly, and certainly eloquently, fashion than me:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Does it seem weird to anyone else that the gov't doesn't even try to find a more high ranking patsy than Manning? It seems obvious to me (and should to most others who pay attention) that Manning is far too low ranking to access the clearances that must be needed to walk off with all those documents. And perhaps he could access military documents...but how does low ranking member of the military get state department documents?!

Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm new here.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KensFrequency

Manning had access to SIPRNet.

The Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) is "a system of interconnected computer networks used by the United States Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information (up to and including information classified SECRET) by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a 'completely secure' environment"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Manning was used.

Watch this 11 minute interview with Cryptome's co-founder John Young. It is worth the 11 minutes. And while Russia Today is more than a bit biased; I get the feeling Young knew this going into the interview, but needed an outlet to let people hear what he had to say.

rt.com...

- mike

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have yet to come across any good sources that identified Manning as the source for Cable gate. There where some reasonable assessments that he was involved with one of the Iraq videos, but a lack of action at the time it was released makes me suspect to this. Having people release uncomfortable facts without punishment is not good for a fascist regime and challenges its authority. This whole case appears to be more about using fear to keep people quite than a search for justice.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
how can they link the two. the software the 2 used hide there ID. you dont really know who is sitting at the end of a pc...

his attorny has recently filed a complaint regarding his worsiness conditoins....

* Must remain in his cell 24 hours per day, up from 23
* Stripped of all clothing except his underwear
* Prescription eyeglasses taken from him * Forced to sit in “essential blindness” except for brief times when he is given reading or limited television privileges
* Guard outside his cell watching him at all times

fdlaction.firedoglake.com...

top topics

join