It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens NATO with nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Russia threatens NATO with nukes

www.presstv.ir

The Russian president has called on NATO to clarify Moscow's role in a European missile system, warning if no agreement is reached, Russia will be forced to deploy “offensive” nuclear weapons.

"So this is not a joking matter. We expect from our NATO partners a direct and unambiguous answer," Dmitry Medvedev said during a meeting with Russia's NATO envoy Dmitry Rogozin.

"In either case, we are either together with NATO, or we separately find an adequate response to the existing problem,"...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Russia has followed the Western coat tails since Obama made his landmark visit there. Russia has been patient and has sided with former foes over their allies. Joining the US with the UN embargo on Iran and not helping Iran develop its nuclear facilities. Russia and Iran were friends until they thought there was a chance to finally become at least a distant friend of America but see where that has gotten them. The USA has backstabbed Russia hard this time.

I guess the West doesn’t care who they make mad so long as their interests are served as top priority. Lies, backstabbing, and provocation are all part of the Western vocabulary when it comes to dealing with other nations. Russia is not Iran you cannot simply play around with them and drag them on a leash. Now hopefully this will get the West’s attention and correct their ways. If not well then prepare for nuclear deterrents all across Europe and Russia siding with Iran-Brazil-China.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Press TV...really?

~

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Very misleading thread, Russia has been threatening NATO and most of western europe for many years now with the deployment of defensive nuclear strategies.

It won't stop any time soon either.

edit on 24-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
NATO "threatens" Russia with nukes just as much as Russia "threatens" NATO. That is the point of nuclear weapons. This is just politics - the sensationalist media articles on this subject are starting to get real old.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
IF this is a real Statement,then it could mean they know who the Suicide Bomber is/was...and they arent very happy with someone right now.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I did read that they found the bomber's head - they may very well know who he is!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If this was a poker game, I will call on Russia's bluff.

Moreover, it seems like someone took away the baby rattle from the Russian President and he's crying because he is not getting any answers.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
my nukes are bigger than yours !!!

No they're not !!!!

Yes they are !!!!!

No they're not !!!!

wanna see ???

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hahahahahahah....that pretty much sums the whole dispute right there

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
IF this is a real Statement,then it could mean they know who the Suicide Bomber is/was...and they arent very happy with someone right now.

Creating a 'U-Boat' in order to get them to blow themselves up is child's play. Perfect way to induce 'fear'.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
my nukes are bigger than yours !!!

No they're not !!!!

Yes they are !!!!!

No they're not !!!!

wanna see ???

Indeed, indeed.

lol

Also, how can a goverment with nuclear weapons not be terrorists? The whole idea of nuclear weapons is to terrorize. The threat alone is enough to cause mass panic.

If your country is threatened by a goverment with nuclear weapons or Al Qaeda? Which one are you going to fear most?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Any other sources dude i kind of stopped listening to press tv after they blamed the egyptian terror attacks and shark attacks on the jews

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Misoir

If this was a poker game, I will call on Russia's bluff.

Moreover, it seems like someone took away the baby rattle from the Russian President and he's crying because he is not getting any answers.

Russia isn't really bluffing. They don't just have nukes, they have a ton of oil and natural gas as well. Currently the UK, Germany and France are all trying to "suck up" to Russia to build better ties. If Russia becomes hostile towards the USA then it is our own fault.

When the USSR collapsed how did the west respond? By rushing to help them rebuild into a strong, vibrant free nation? No. The West stabbed them in the back and laughed while millions where freezing/starving to death.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Give me a break, why do you think Russia is already making its new ubber nukes? Don't let them fool anyone. At least they have moved past the point of touting their new ubber stealth maneuverable, can never be shot down missile warheads lol. Cold war, ya they started building up years ago and we are still decommissioning our best systems
. Seems someone wants to watch the U.S. go down hard for awhile.

If I were President of the U.S. I would tell them to back down now and know their role or we can bring back the stealth TLAMS and Minute Man 10 warhead train mounted missile system while placing another order of 500 Raptors and 50 B-2s.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Didn't putin say the same thing about 2 years ago ?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisingForce
Didn't putin say the same thing about 2 years ago ?

Maybe,but you have to ask yourself,why such a Statement is made (If its true.There doesnt seem to be any other Sources so far) at a Time like this,without something behind it.

If its true,then its clearly a Message or a Warning to someone.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

"So this is not a joking matter. We expect from our NATO partners a direct and unambiguous answer," Dmitry Medvedev said during a meeting with Russia's NATO envoy Dmitry Rogozin.

our NATO partners

partners

There is no conflict here. This is a minor dispute between the Club of the Whites.

When Russia staged a coup against the Soviet Union, what flag was flown? The flag of the White Russians, based in the Caucasus Mountains during the civil war. The Caucasians belong to the same historical movement as the United Kingdom of Great Britain, the United States of America, the French Republic, the Netherlands, and all of those other Western European plutocrats. These are all concentric circles of the same international club of moneyed elites. Modern Russia is a closer friend of the west than their post-Soviet reputation implies to the unseeing eye.

"In either case, we are either together with NATO, or we separately find an adequate response to the existing problem," he said.
What problem is that? Consider the Polish Missile Crisis. The Presidency of George W. Bush did the same thing in Poland that the USSR had done in Cuba. They made plans to arm a close neighbour of their cold war enemy with nuclear weapons. This is a threat to Russian sovereignty in the same way that the Cuban missiles were a threat to American sovereignty. The threat that they pose is of the same type as the threat posed by Iran to the United States, but on a much grander scale. The threat is the mere potential of a devastating attack on the USA and Russia by a country that would be harmless without foreign intervention.

The Monroe Doctrine in America is the policy that aimed to prevent this threat from ever arising in the Western Hemisphere. It mandated the USA to disarm foreign powers in the West so that they could not amass a significant force with which to defeat the Republic or oppress the people of the West. The Russian Federation follows the same kind of mission. It is mandated to protect the territorial and strategic integrity of the Commonwealth of Independent States, the reconstituted form of the Soviet Union. The Russians have as much right to protect their own backyard as the Americans have to protect theirs. The current crisis has been caused by America's efforts to contain the CIS with strategic nuclear weapons. It is an insult to Russia.

Russia and NATO agreed to cooperate on a joint missile system plan in Europe during a NATO-Russia Council meeting in Lisbon in November last year.
Thanks to the Presidency of Barack Obama, the Missile Crisis was resolved and the Whites got back on track for collaboration. If the collaboration talks fail, this does not mean that Russia will be deploying aggressive weapons against Europe. Russia intends to deploy weapons, even if NATO does not. It appears to me that Russia thinks that there is an imminent threat to the joint security of the East and West. What is the common problem that NATO and Russia need to address?
edit on 24-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by plexus
Very misleading thread, Russia has been threatening NATO and most of western europe for many years now with the deployment of defensive nuclear strategies.

It won't stop any time soon either.

edit on 24-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

There is nothing defensive about deploying ballistic missile shields. Ballistic missile shields are designed to provide a pre-emptive strike capability, therefore they are an offensive system, and they are most certainly NOT deployed along Russia's border to down Iranian missiles.

Sky watcher-
If I were President of the U.S. I would tell them to back down now and know their role or we can bring back the stealth TLAMS and Minute Man 10 warhead train mounted missile system while placing another order of 500 Raptors and 50 B-2s.

1) This would certainly cement the world's view of the US as nothing more than a militaristic empire and drastically hurt many diplomatic ties and probably scare the EU, China and Russia into developing and building much more weapons. Then some retard would press a wrong button and start a world war.

2) The US can in no way afford this, unless you don't have any plans on reparing your already crumbling infrastructure and providing some basic social policies like health care, which most Americans, living in poverty or low-income situations, drastically need. You would also see a lot of social programs being cancelled, more schools turning into cement institutions with ex-marines as teachers and a general disparity movement within the US that will either lead to a civil war or the official establishment of the American Empire.

This is probably why you will never be president (plus you need to be rich with a lot of powerful friends).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Whatever the case, it's all rhetoric. I've gotten past the days where I believed a country would launch an intentional nuclear attack because of the retaliatory damage involved. They don't call it M.A.D. for nothing, and why do you think we're all here today? Because it's an effective strategy.
edit on 25-1-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: mispelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join