It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
The police are a personification of the state - and the state has you bent over, gargling condiments for their amusement. The Average Person - Take all their money, take their homes,their children, pull them over and give them a ticket with a cocky attitude?

SNAP

Whats that saying? The Lion sleeps no more?

If I were a cop, I would be very careful how I treat people in this age.

A good person with the rights and freedoms still available to them, is feeling the state's stranglehold.

Are you sure you want to become those hands squeezing the last buck from MY wallet?

Dont be surprised.

Exactly!

When the state takes our money, time, and dignity for meaningless infractions like, going 6 mph over the speed limit, or having a dime bag, our freedom goes completley out the window.

Freedom? Yea Right.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

I'm not a cop.

I work in a hotel.

Hell, I have been arrested a few times before, and when I was polite, guess what? The police officers were polite to me back. Gee, wonder how that could have happened? Hell, I have never been put on the ground, and why haven't I ever been put on the ground? Because I don't act like a jerk around cops.

Amazingly politeness works wonders.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Seriously it's not the polite cops that are the problem.

When I encounter any cop, I show them nothing but respect. Yes sir, no sir, I look them in the eyes. Yet, they still feel like they need to talk down to me and harass me over nothing.

Maybe it's my luck, but I have never met a cop that was respectful to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Not all police officers are bad but the citizens of the world have been fearmongered to the point where it doesn't matter to them anymore if put in a situation where it comes down to taking a life or losing theirs. The fight or flight mechanism that people have are now leaning more towards the fight. Let's also not forget that in America, we have so many ex-military coming home from war that you will start to see more of this in the future as they are better trained than the average citizen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In my town,
When I was young,
The policeman walked with holstered gun,
He knew our names he stopped to talk,
We'd always see him on his walk.
His uniform was nice and neat,
His cap and badge lit up the street,
He'd chase the bad guys all away
When we grow up we'd always say,
We want to be like Lou the cop,
And bring protection to the block.

One day Lou came into sight,
A shiny car all black and white,
A radio and lights on top,
And Lou no longer walked the block,
He'd still come by but now just waved,
coming from someone he saved,
We never heard his tales again,
Just lights go by with siren,
The bad guys knew they couldnt hide,
then one day we heard Lou had died.

Then came the new car down the street,
all blacked out so mean and sleek,
the cage and shotgun on the rack,
a man got out, we all stepped back,
No handsome neat pressed uniform,
No nothing like what Lou had worn,
We all stood frozen where we played,
You kids go home was all he'd say.

Then more and more drove down the street,
all blacked out so mean and sleek,
K9 task force highschool sweeps,
searched for hippies, hoods and creeps,
they werent like Lou I'll have you know,
They were more like GI Joe.

All it took was just one stare,
and even though you belonged there,
the bad guys still were being chased,
somehow though you took their place,
suspicion tension filled the street,
long since silent of Lou's feet,

And so today the situation,
Comes down to bad public relation,
The friendly cops that walked the street,
Are now commandos dressed complete,
Youre tazed or chocked and cuffed and stuffed,
there's no such thing as way too rough,
And the bad guys bad again and again,
And yes youre probably one of them,

A paranoid nation on a diet of fear,
everyones a terrorist didnt you hear,
Yeah there's much more firepower and technology too,
But the real power walked in a man named Lou.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
the "GUNMEN" are most likely being influenced to do this because Police and the GVT want more authority AND THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IT .No its not a conspiracy theory its just common sense ,open your eyes make your own conclusions and the truth .If the past 10 years have not proven to you the US GVTs need to police every aspect of our lives then you are as blind and dumb as they want you to be .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

That pretty much sums it up for both sides

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That's Inevitable because COPS are standing in between the Public and Corporate Government. But as number of Cops and Fireman are being reduced due to budgets and the only budget NOT being reduced is the Military, so in the near future the Military will be between the Public and Corporate Government. And the only way that can happen is if Martial Law is Installed. and that can only lead to ..........

Yeah that won't happen right:
because Mainstream Media sucking up to the White House is still reporting the Economy is Recovering. And Obama is selling everything is Honky Donkey because the Profits are UP and Banks have fully recovered because they have passed their Debts onto the Public.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Are there some bad cops? Damn right.

Are the MAJORITY of cops good guys? DAMN RIGHT!

These guys are most of the time being screwed over by the PTB just like we are! Ever heard of Oath Keepers?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

i think the title of this article might refer to the "prison gangs".

not that there is any great cooperation between prison gangs, as these gangs are racially seperated, and thus seperated from whatever local clique they may have been a part of. but technically, because of this seperation from their hometown cliques, it is feasible that a decision could be made through a caucus of prison gang leaders, and then it would diseminate outward through the various street cliques - since most gangs are represented by inmates within the system.

so, a meeting of prison gang leaders gives the order, "new rules - cops are fair game. we arent worried about attracting attention. if you are caught, fight back with deadly force". it would hit the streets as a new way of doing biz with cops.

why? maybe they decided to play their hand the same way as the mexican cartels are playing their hand in mexico? ...cange the game...cops are no longer off limits? in otherwords, its possible the title of the article is refering to the possibility that hardened criminal groups have issued a decision that cops are no longer off limits, and in effect, a war on cops will ensue, much as in mexico.

either that, or the PTB/MSM are just trying to increase the polarization and crackdown between law enforcement and citizens thatt already is over-abundant and is already ruining our culture.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Peace Officers.

Statute enforcement officers.

They better begin to understand the difference. It is coming to a head.

Actually, in the original article, I broke it down pretty well. I am not going to re write it. It is pretty much a breakdown of what I said here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your right I dont have any idea. I speak from my perspective. I've lived in some really crummy places where the cops think they can abuse you because your poor. I may have grown up in that but that doesnt make me some stupid ghetto thug. But if they want to play that game I'm with it ya know?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
sure everyone hates cops when they are getting busted for breaking laws, but what about when a loved one gets raped and the suspect is on the loose and nowhere to be found? what about when you have a gun to your head in a hostage situation? what about when someone steals your car?

theres situations that individuals cannot handle on their own, and some they can handle on their own. all i know, is that when ive been stabbed in the neck and im out of ammo, id be wanting a cop to help out about that time...

I hope Police start remembering their duty as peace officers rather than policy enforcers.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

Your totally right, i dont think anyone is saying they don't want law enforcers/peace officers, but instead want them to be just that.

cops are known to use excessive force where it is not needed, and need to learn there place in society.

edit on 25-1-2011 by trag3d1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I had scuffles with the police because I skated, I had a tall blue mohawk, I wore a leather jacket, I am an activist, I am proud, I am strong willed, Tattoos, Piercings, I was friends with what you might consider cimrinals.So ofcourse I was blacklisted form the start. For the most part yes I was innocent, I was a kid utilizing my rights for freedom of expression, my right to a peaceful assembly. And yes I filed many reports but as being poor does your invisible, no one wants to hear what the homeless have to say just walk past us, ignore us we dont exsist. As ex US military I think I can handle taking a life better than most cops. Patrolling tribal Afghanistan is a bit more dangerous, atleast in my eyes. We will never see eye to eye so we might as well end it here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would wish that no one be killed for being a worthless criminal thug cop. If you are one of these type cops perhaps you should consider that, as the good book says...You shall reap that which you sow.

You cannot continue to taze invalids in wheelchairs, busting heads of grandmas in parking lots, or raping our sisters you stop on a deserted road at night. You so-called good cops that keep your mouths closed when your brothers in blue commit these crimes against citizens are as guilty as those who actively perform these wrong deeds.

I don;t know if this increase of cop killing is related to retribution or not. Regardless, it would be a good time for cops to realize they cannot continue to abuse their power as they have recently done.. You are facing a well armed, informed and increasingly fed-up citizenry. Many Americans are loosing faith in their police officers. Only the police can change this.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am still seriously disturbed by some of the attitudes of people in this thread.

Some seem to think that killing their fellow countrymen, killing human beings is a good thing. Some people should ask themselves, "What is wrong with me?" When you start thinking that killing is ok, what is wrong with you?

I mean seriously? What the hell is wrong with some of you? This is not good behavior, this should not be acceptable nor should it be the thought process of rational people.

Just because they have a badge on, doesn't mean that that person isn't an American, or a human being. I think some people need to grow up, and start figuring out what the hell is wrong with themselves before thinking it's ok to start killing cops.

And, yes, there are some jerk cops out there, because they are human beings and not robots, they can be flawed. And yes, when a cop acts out of line they should be held accountable for those actions.

I think that a lot of people spend too much time on sites like ATS and think that all cops act like what these people say, but the truth is they don't.

But seriously, you people who think that killing cops is a good thing, and want to celebrate actions of people who do are seriously deranged individuals, you are sick, twisted, and wrong. You are no better than what you think that cops are, in fact your worse.

I think that people who think that killing cops is a good thing need to seriously grow up.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
just posted a link to an article about this today.

Brace Yourselves

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
dammit how did that happen?

edit on 25-1-2011 by Hardstepah because: double post

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I am still seriously disturbed by some of the attitudes of people in this thread.

Some seem to think that killing their fellow countrymen, killing human beings is a good thing. Some people should ask themselves, "What is wrong with me?" When you start thinking that killing is ok, what is wrong with you?

I mean seriously? What the hell is wrong with some of you? This is not good behavior, this should not be acceptable nor should it be the thought process of rational people.

Just because they have a badge on, doesn't mean that that person isn't an American, or a human being. I think some people need to grow up, and start figuring out what the hell is wrong with themselves before thinking it's ok to start killing cops.

And, yes, there are some jerk cops out there, because they are human beings and not robots, they can be flawed. And yes, when a cop acts out of line they should be held accountable for those actions.

I think that a lot of people spend too much time on sites like ATS and think that all cops act like what these people say, but the truth is they don't.

But seriously, you people who think that killing cops is a good thing, and want to celebrate actions of people who do are seriously deranged individuals, you are sick, twisted, and wrong. You are no better than what you think that cops are, in fact your worse.

I think that people who think that killing cops is a good thing need to seriously grow up.

Killing cops, or anyone else is not a good thing. I think we tend to put the job of 'police officer' up on a pedestal, when the truth is they are just a reflection of our society.

Good or bad, I would guess the morality of our men and women in blue (here in the States) is proportionally the same as the rest of our society. Many good, and many bad.

The problem is that most in our society are sheep, just following the rest of the flock. People who wouldn't normally hurt anyone or break the 'law' may not speak up when things get tough.

When you are heavily armed and charged with protecting and serving, the rst of us can't afford to have the morally weak in charge!!

Case in point, the guy who was recently MURDERED for weilding a golf club when his house was raided for possible drug violations. 99.9% of those cops considered it a 'good shoot'. We are doomed if this attitude continues.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join