It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

I agree with you not to fall for this. The media is just a manipulative tool of the people. Not that cops nowadays are what we want and expect of them, they've changed and I have my own personal story that turned my belief system of their kind upsidedown, but that's for another time. But, the stories coming out this week about cops being shot all over the nation, what was it 3, 5, all in one week? They are cops and that comes with the job, and we are a nation of 300 million, so is this number extraordinary? I don't think so, it is just being hyped to plant the seed of fear and doubt that we can live in a society with firearms. You watch, gun control and confiscation is coming in the near future. I have doubts that it could succeed, it would probably be the one thing that would bring the nation together against the govt! "You're gettin' my gun, over my dead body!"

Anyway, I would say half the national news daily is planned and part of a strategy to control our thinking.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Law Enforcement Officers are ranked # 10 for most dangerous profession (deaths per 100k)

So we have 9 other career fields that should take priority of being made safer before we even consider passing any stricter Laws or giving Law enforcement MORE power to protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It may seem right now that I am a person with no compassion, but if I recall correctly, more people die in this country each year from overdosing on "aspirin", than police officers pass on in the line of duty. Also, my youger brother has been a leo for over 25 years...he too, got painted with that same wide brush. Heres the thing, If the good leos were "better" leo's, there would be absolutely no "bad" leos. Allow me to expand just a bit. As soon as a good police officer becomes aware of a fellow officer has begun to break laws in the line of duty(any/all laws), or even not in the line of duty...he has the "obligation" to advise the "proper" authorities. Lets say he is derilict in his duties as a leo or even as acommon citizen, he immediately becomes an "enabler". He/she is an enabler now, and is no longer in the "good" cop category. Well lets say he/she does take it to the proper authorities, and drops the ball entiely in their court. He/she stays a "good"cop. Now, the ball in in the court of their superiors. It is now their Obligation to make sure that if laws were in fact broken, there is accountability. If at this point they decide to "bury" the subject or NOT report it any further, there will be no accountability, and he/she becomes an enabler. Now he/she join the "bad" cop category. You seem genuine in your assertion, but the perception happens to be reality in this situation, and unless leos are painted with this "wide" brush, as we do to "pot smokers" in this country, nothing will ever get better. IMO g.a.g.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I always say, never bring a gun to a grenade fight

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by SyphonX

I guess you want all those murderers, rapists, child molesters, and thieves out on the street? Do you mean those "non crimes"?

Do you think two years for all these people would be a fair sentence? By your reasoning that should be plenty

Or is it just fair for those appointed to keep the laws?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

Police officer is also, according to at least one study, the fifth most stressful profession too (frefighter is most stressful, followed by corporate executives, taxi drivers, surgeons, and court stenographers. www.careercast.com...).

So given the combination of both potentially dangerous and stressful, even though it may not be the most dangerous or the most stressful, this jobs' right up there. Not arguing anything here...just saying....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hey maybe some of these homeless people will help the police. Maybe when these children grow up they'll parrot the mindless disconnected respect some of you people have for these thugs... I doubt it, but maybe?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Hey maybe some of these homeless people will help the police. Maybe when these children grow up they'll parrot the mindless disconnected respect some of you people have for these thugs... I doubt it, but maybe?

Well some of those tents were set up on the sidewalk and the two near the end of the video appeared to be set up actually IN the divider between two lanes of traffic. That's simply a safety hazard to the occupants and the public. I'm not on TPTB's side in any manner and if these people were in a state or city park I'd be more inclined to agree that this was unwarranted but I cannot in good conscience advocate sleeping in (what amounts to) the center of the street.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I welcome the violence on police. Gone are the days when you could look up to & rely on the police to be the people that help you out. They're dicks. No doubt the vast majority of people here will be against me in regards to this, but it's my opinion and you can't take that from me.

F*ck the police.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Police officer is also, according to at least one study, the fifth most stressful profession too (frefighter is most stressful, followed by corporate executives, taxi drivers, surgeons, and court stenographers. www.careercast.com...).

So given the combination of both potentially dangerous and stressful, even though it may not be the most dangerous or the most stressful, this jobs' right up there. Not arguing anything here...just saying....

Yeah, forcing your will onto someone else tends to be a very stressful and fatiguing activity. They are enforcing a false reality and they are being exploited in the process.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Yeah, forcing your will onto someone else tends to be a very stressful and fatiguing activity. They are enforcing a false reality and they are being exploited in the process.

Yes well they seem to relieve this stress by beating the crap out of their spouses.

www.purpleberets.org...

"Domestic violence is 2 to 4 times more common in police families than in the general population. In two separate studies, 40% of police officers self-report that they have used violence against their domestic partners within the last year. In the general population, it's estimated that domestic violence occurs in about 10% of families. "

I'm pretty sure that not all officers that're guilty of Domestic Violence "self reported" their abuse, and if say 25% of the "force" is female that would be approximately 2/3 of "Law Enforcement" personnel abuse their families?
That's friggin ridiculous. These are the people that're "protecting" us?

How the Hell are these "Heavy Handed" people going to make me feel safe when they're the very ones terrorizing their own families?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I wonder if the numbers show a real escalation, or if this is media (or government) manipulation to make people think this problem is getting worse. Either is possible. Troubled times we live in. If real, it shows a serious problem, because those that would shoot the police will shoot anyone. Sure, there are problem cops, but there are also good ones, trying to do their job. Where I live, we have good police. Never heard of the issues we all read about in other places.

I suspect that a lot of this is gang-related, and that they are targeting the cops because the cops are interfering (rightly) with their business. Gangs seem to be growing, and many cultures tend to promote that, rather than showing youths a better way to live.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Oh poor cops.

I'll feel bad about a war on cops, when they stop punching women, tazing helpless people, and shooting pot smokers.

Th police definitley have it coming to them. Pretty much everyone I know agrees that cops are stepping way over their boundaries in this society.
edit on 24-1-2011 by theendisnear69 because: grammar

Not all cops are like that. Seen and heard of experiences with both the bad and the good. We have to be careful not to tar them all with the same brush.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The wolf puts on the chase and the rabbit runs.....or fight's back, survival!
What else do you expect people to do?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The wolf puts on the chase and the rabbit runs.....or fight's back, survival!
What else do you expect people to do?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Do you think two years for all these people would be a fair sentence? By your reasoning that should be plenty

Like I said before, we have the best justice system money can buy.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If it's money based, it can hardly be justice?

Keep believing that you have the best, so good you never get caught in its tentacles.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Like I said before, we have the best justice system money can buy.

So as long as you can buy your way out of it, or have your buddies on the force cover it up your ok with it? Only poor people should be in prision no matter the crime right

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The range of reactions and comments in this thread are interesting to me.

The gap between civilian and officer is getting wider.

I blame it on a single tragic event back
in 1959 where a farmer and his family were killed.

In Cold Blood
en.wikipedia.org...

The reaction by authority and the media was to tell us that
they didn't have their door locked, so....

So ... now it is our fault if we don't lock our doors.

Then it was the publics fault if they didn't lock their cars.

Then it was the publics fault if they didn't lock up their bicycles.

Hell, I remember in the 70's a public service campaign by the police
explaining that it was not their responsibility to return our stolen property
if we hadn't engraved it with serial numbers and had that information on file with them.

Back then there were a lot of people making homemade items of better quality than those
in the stores, and this public service campaign went a long way towards putting garage craftsmen out of business so that only commercially available items were worth protecting.

So now here we are.

I believe this conflict was designed to happen,
and make no mistake the police will win.

Right behind them will be legions
of counselors, therapists,
and psychological
testing.

All while ignoring the original cause Herbert Clutter's murder.
Two parolees who couldn't get work wanted money
to start a new life somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm not saying it's right, I am saying it's how it is. If you don't believe it's the truth then don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join