It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

The Nazis didnt have 1% of their population behind bars and another 10% on parolee

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel

The Nazis didnt have 1% of their population behind bars and another 10% on parolee

The US has more prisoners than any other country in the world...

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

And do you think that he got away with it?

Let's see shall we?

Mehserle Sentenced to 2 Years

LOS ANGELES-Judge Robert Perry has sentenced former BART transit cop Johannes Mehserle to the minimum sentence of two years in state prison for the shooting death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant.

The sentence comes after more than a year and a half of legal wrangling and community unrest, including violent protests and looting in downtown Oakland. The former BART police officer was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in July for the January 1, 2009 shooting of the unarmed black man on a train platform in Oakland, CA.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BART pays $1.5 million to aid Grant's daughter

(01-27) 19:17 PST OAKLAND -- BART agreed Wednesday to pay $1.5 million to provide for the 5-year-old daughter of Oscar Grant, the unarmed train rider shot dead by a transit agency police officer on Jan. 1, 2009.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Look at that, criminal and civil charges were applied, looks like he didn't get away with it at all, and how much do you want to be that his farts will never make noise again by the time he gets out of prison for this?

On top of that, he will never be a cop again, and he will never be able to have a gun again. I doubt that he will be able to do anything more than be mall security if that.
edit on 1/26/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

WOW..........two whole years for killing someone................I am sure the mans family would agree that justice was served.............wonder how many years one of us would have got?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'd say yes, he did get away with it.
Two years for murder?
Would a citizen get two years for murdering a cop?

edit on 26-1-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Same question so same reply

Depends on your lawyer now doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind...

Its going to get way uglier then that, its just a matter of time... A kid went into a school and started shooting the next month half a dozen did the same... Now some people start to fight back on cops and shoot them... just give it a year or two...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by lastrebel

Same question so same reply

Depends on your lawyer now doesn't it?

You make a flipant response like that and want the public to support you?

You sir, prove my point..

Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It's not a flippant response, look at OJ.

The United States has the best justice system money can buy. I have always stood by that remark, the better and more expensive your lawyer is, the more you can get away with.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

It's not a flippant response, look at OJ.

The United States has the best justice system money can buy. I have always stood by that remark, the better and more expensive your lawyer is, the more you can get away with.

Or, as in the case of cops, if you've got the judge in your back pocket.
And, are willing to lie on the stand.
And you can bring in cronies to say you are a "nice guy".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I see, so because he is a cop, he should have received a harsher punishment eh?

Maybe they should have had him drawn and quartered, would that have sufficed for you? Would that have slated your thirst for revenge? How about putting him on the rack? Or how about disemboweling him? Oh I know Crucifixion, that's the ticket.

What level of punishment would be too far for you? After all, like I said, he will never be a cop again, he will never have a decent job again, he will never have a gun again, what else did you want? Maybe they should have gouged out his eyes and cut off both of his hands.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Can't say I care even the slightest. It's a shame though, really. But maybe if cops stopped treating citizens like dirt, this wouldn't happen.

I've had family members brutalized and harassed by the police, and even had someone in my family shot and killed by police right in front of his mother. The police are out of control, and have been for decades. I don't condone violence against anyone, including police officers, but I'm merely saying I'm totally indifferent and do not care. Anyone with half a perceptive mind could see that this is like watching a train wreck. Retaliation and general violence against authority would eventually surface.

Aside from all that, I have to add that I don't see any evidence of a "war on cops" in the first place. It's random spikes in homicide, which happens every year. The only reason the media may be portraying it as such, a war, is because there may be plans for an increased authoritarian and police state mindset. Giving authorities an excuse to be even more excessive than they already are.

(Also, I don't want to hear from the "police squad" on this forum about how I'm callous and that the slain "has grieving family". I don't see you in other threads dealing with brutalized victims and honoring the same fact.)
edit on 26-1-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I think that Florida has one of the worst records for violence against LEOs. I go down there all the time, and my family owns a place in Florida that we spend a month at every summer. One year, in only two weeks of being down there, there were four separate murders of police officers. They even started putting those portable highway amber signs up all around main streets of most communities, asking for assistance in solving the brazen homicides. It was horrible. One of the victims was an older officer who was weeks away from retirement, and all he did was pull up behind a car that was parked at a pharmacy, when without warning the passenger suddenly jumped out of the vehicle and emptied an entire barrage into the officer's windshield. As far as I know, the assailant was never even caught! My bet is that the jackwad was a Haitian, since the most violent punks in Florida are often so. Plus, you stand little chance of catching a Haitian once they bolt back to their native island, since law is nearly non-existent there.

My friend works security in SoFl, and he said they have an enormous transient rate, and he also told me that you find a lot of bodies dumped in the Glades, but it doesn't always go reported (Same with shark attacks, coincidentally enough). No wonder they have so many issues with LEOs being killed (Four just in this past week again!!!).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by lastrebel

The US has more prisoners than any other country in the world...

www.commondreams.org...

Yeah, because in many countries they just take you out back and put a bullet in your head. I assume most folks wouldn't prefer that method, though, would they?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Yeah, because in many countries they just take you out back and put a bullet in your head. I assume most folks wouldn't prefer that method, though, would they?

Define your version of "many countries"? Or is it that you're trying to compare America, a supposed "First World" country, to Third World countries?

That's not a very good argument.

The fact that America imprisons more people (largely so) than any other country, quite literally means that America imprisons more than the Rest of the entire Planet. Let that sink in, or don't.

People in the US are imprisoned for extended periods of time for "crimes" that the majority of the first world doesn't even consider "crimes" or even care about for that matter. Namely drug charges, or 3 strikes rules, and "no leniency" tar-and-feathering charges. America is the poorest example of a free democratic society in the "free democratic" world.
edit on 26-1-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I guess you want all those murderers, rapists, child molesters, and thieves out on the street? Do you mean those "non crimes"?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I see, so because he is a cop, he should have received a harsher punishment eh?

Maybe they should have had him drawn and quartered, would that have sufficed for you? Would that have slated your thirst for revenge? How about putting him on the rack? Or how about disemboweling him? Oh I know Crucifixion, that's the ticket.

What level of punishment would be too far for you? After all, like I said, he will never be a cop again, he will never have a decent job again, he will never have a gun again, what else did you want? Maybe they should have gouged out his eyes and cut off both of his hands.

How about hand cuffing his hands behind his back, put him face down on the floor and shoot him in the back, like he did to the 22 year old father he murdered.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Ah so an eye for an eye is that it? Sounds pretty typical, hey why don't we just introduce sharia law into the united states while your at it?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

I guess you want all those murderers, rapists, child molesters, and thieves out on the street?....

They already are.
They are called cops.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Ah so an eye for an eye is that it? Sounds pretty typical, hey why don't we just introduce sharia law into the united states while your at it?

That's comming.

Since we have a Muslim president now.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join