It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Police fear 'war on cops'

www.msnbc.msn.com

A spate of shooting attacks on law enforcement officers has authorities concerned about a war on cops.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 officers were shot. The shootings included Sunday attacks at traffic stops in Indiana and Oregon, a Detroit police station shooting that wounded four officers, and a shootout at a Port Orchard, Wash., Wal-Mart that injured two deputies. On Monday morning, two officers were shot dead and a U.S. Marshal was wounded by a gunman in St. Petersburg, Fla.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sheesh, what the heck is going on here?

Are these events tied in together in some strange way?

Is there an escalation of violence going on against "authority"? A war between a certain section of the masses and police?

Or is this just a few rogue individuals who all just went bonkers at the same time?

Something sure the heck seems to be causing an escalation in officer-related attacks in recent times!

I hope these officers aren't correct-If everybody starts resorting to violence, this is going to get unbelievably ugly and dangerous...

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Pretty sure that police officers get shot/shot at daily. And that there's always been a war on cops.
How many cops die per year? More than 365? Than that means cops die every day.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would say they pushed someones satan button one 2 many times.

you know what they say...paybacks are hell:/

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If everybody starts resorting to violence, this is going to get unbelievably ugly and dangerous...

That's the fear. Chaos, anarchy and riots in the streets. And it's a legitimate fear.

I for one am not prepared, could never be prepared.

+118 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh poor cops.

I'll feel bad about a war on cops, when they stop punching women, tazing helpless people, and shooting pot smokers.

Th police definitley have it coming to them. Pretty much everyone I know agrees that cops are stepping way over their boundaries in this society.
edit on 24-1-2011 by theendisnear69 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ehh thought it'd be 365 or so. It's more closer to 150 acutally.
Anyways these don't just happen once every 3 days, they happen in spikes.
But i'm not an expert.

Found a useful like btw

www.odmp.org...

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I would say they pushed someones satan button one 2 many times.

you know what they say...paybacks are hell:/

i've had firsthand experience as to how they use that power, and it was NOT good!

karmic kickbacks!

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

So you support killing cops to "water the tree of liberty"...?

I wonder why people think conspiracy theorists are dangerous...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah ummm... doesn't this just mean cops will be much quicker to shoot now. They already had their fingers on the trigger before, but knowing people are starting to "snap" just means they'll want to shoot before being shot. Not to mention how this will play into the gun control crap.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As much as you hate system, it still doesn't justify death.

These are the same people you'd be ringing if you found yourself out of your depth.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
IN all logical senses..it sounds to me like a cop or af ew messed with soeone too much, so bad this is the outcome. thier is sucha thing as police harrassment and brutality ya know. just go to florida, mississipi, alabama and georgia..horror storys ive been told..everything just shy of beaing beaten to death all for being wordy witha cop for being pulled over

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

If you've ever had to deal with a "rogue" cop i'm sure you'd feel the same.

The experiences i've had with cops and the American legal system, leave me disgusted to say the least. It completely destroys inncoent peoples lives.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Imagine a world without gun powder.

Peace

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
People can only be pushed so far.

With almost everything being illegal including defending yourself, all of the brutality, unjustified searches and seizures, shooting our dogs.

I am not surprised.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Sheesh, what the heck is going on here?

Or is this just a few rogue individuals who all just went bonkers at the same time?

www.msnbc.msn.com

The guy in St.Pete was a whack job who almost killed his girlfriend. The worst part is that the girlfriend told police that he was hid in the attic (ARMED) when they arrived, the place was on the list to be demolished anyway. They should have lit the place on fire and smoked him out, instead some guy goes up there looking for him and gets killed. Then he shoots another officer through the ceiling. They shot up the inside of that house so bad nothing could have lived three times over. They played the video and you could here the bullets bouncing off things and flying by the camera man and news crew. It really sounded like a full on fire fight in Baghdad.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well you certainly can't try to blame this on Palin either.

But you can put the blame on people like Ice T.

www.lyricsfreak.com...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

oops how embarrassing

yeah *snip*a police state.

www.liveleak.com...

peace!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by vermonster because: must express embarrassment

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's karma,people......you assault someone physically or verbally....someday you'll get payback ten fold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join