It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latent Disgust of a Canadian Pacifist (Georgia Guidestones, kiss my rump)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What I can't stand is jack-booted egotists who trade their brains for guns. Nobody EVER wins a war with guns or bombs. All that ever does is make lasting enemies.

Germany? They still have allusions towards European domination. Both the latest World Wars knocked them down, but what do you think the next 100 years will bring? Germany, for as long as it existed (Germania), has been a warring nation. It caused the Roman Empire a millenium of grief and never stopped acting the same for the next 1000 years. It's been 50 years of peace and quiet, but what they couldn't do with the Blitzkreig, they're now handling nicely with the Deutsche Mark. And before anyone jumps down my throat over this statement, I have some of that blood in me too. Call it introspection.

Japan? Not too sure they love the west all that much anymore either. Always were rather 'inscrutable' and what I can't scrute, I can't trust. After 60 years of working hand in glove with the west, can't say I understand their dislike of Europeans, but it's there just under the surface. We're just a bunch of 'round-eyes' to be taken for an extensive expensive ride.

South Korea? Well... that's a tough one, isn't it? No telling where this idea of re-unifying with the North will go and they were pretty intent on putting western troops to the test recently. Had that fight ensued, there would have been hell to pay, especially if the Chinese got involved.

Vietnam? Let's not even go there.

Iraq? The less foreign boots on the ground there, the more unstable that country is going to be. Can't get around that bloody hatred they have for each other. They'll be bombing each other for generations to come. You can't actually believe a calm, collected and peaceful democracy is going to blossom there, do you?

Afghanistan? Nobody EVER controlled that bunch. Not even Alexadander the Great. You can go in and fight for control for 50 years, like he did, but in the end, it's still going to be Hazaras and Pashtun's at each other's throats over the heroin trade. You might think those 'Mongols' aren't tough, but history proves that a fallacy.

There's only one way to come to agreable terms and it's called mutual benefit. It overcomes religious and ideological differences. Trouble is, it takes time to come to sensible agreements and in this crazy freaking world, no-one seems to have or want to take their time anymore. There's always another Hitler invading Poland, or a Saddam invading Kuwait and forcing others to take up arms to fight back. It's a ridiculous merry-go-round and nobody is able, or even willing, to get off. It's likely more profitable to make war... no, it IS more profitable.

Now we're in the process of getting another great round of butchery going.

Christians VS Islam
Nothing like religious differences to make that work, right? Did you know that Mohammed took up the sword within 6 years of starting Islam and it was either conform to his religion or die? So, nearly a 1000 years later we have two major religions, both spread primarily by the force of arms and now encompassing many millions on both sides AND we are obviously headed for serious conflict over some very minor differences. So minor, for instance, that both are connected to human prophets elevated to a deity status by their adherents and in the name of a Hebrew God they both share.

East VS West
The East is rising, in case you haven't noticed. There's a world to conquer because sharing it isn't enough. The West has the raw materials it needs to grow, specifically oil, and the East isn't going to hold their collective breaths waiting to get it as their economies boom. I'm not talking about just China here. Things are building up quickly.

North VS South
South and Central American countries are beginning to get stronger and their ideologies don't fit too well with their Northern counterparts. It's early in that game, but the likes of Chaves are pretty vocal. No telling where all that machismo is going. Mexico? Hmmm... not pretty at all.

Africa is also getting friskie. Egypt, Tunesia, the Gold Coast, Kenya, Sudan and a few other testy places. It's a boiling pot with a potential for widespread murder and mayhem. There will be an eventual price to pay for the hell seen in Rwanda and the Congo.

So grab your guns and start the killing, folks. It's a great adventure and somehow, it's all going to be good in the end. The Georgia Guidestones can light your way:

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Woot.

edit on 24/1/11 by masqua because: grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I agree with you but it's going to take one hell of a war to get the population down to a reasonable level.

But the way things are going.....something has to give for sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Notice how I skipped right over Italy?

Really, I can't say anything because I'm gobsmacked by how idiotic Berlusconi is acting lately.

Bunga Bunga

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
it's going to take one hell of a war to get the population down to a reasonable level.

I think we've got the means now... really. It just takes one idiot to push the big red button and it's done.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm kind of appalled that you didn't list my ex wife in your OP... it is obvious that if there is an axis of evil... a force that is causing humanity to fragment into factions... She is either involved in it, or actually in charge of it.

No, really.... she is that mean.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The War of the Sexes is a conflict older than any other and has laid corpses all along the road of life. Pray the Amazons don't rise like a phoenix from the ashes of the Roman Empire.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

OK, but can you imagine if all the mean bitter exe's got together and formed an army....????

I shudder at that thought as they would be one formidable force that could take over the world with that weapon they have called "the look".

Now I am going to have nightmares tonight....thanks...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I think we've got the means now... really. It just takes one idiot to push the big red button and it's done.

..... and we have no shortage of idiots!

I can imagine them all pushing and shoving, crowding around that "big red button" -- eager to make their point and get in the last bit of rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I can imagine them all pushing and shoving, crowding around that "big red button" -- eager to make their point and get in the last bit of rhetoric.

Last Bit's of Rhetoric:

Little Kim - "I'll bwast you, siwwy wabbit!"
Hu - "No Walmart in NYC? No NYC!"
Putin - "Backing Saaski was a BIG MISTAKE"
Obama - "It's the Republican's fault!"
Asif Ali Zardari - "I'm done with y'all messin' wif me!"
Pratibha Patil - "I'm done with y'all messin' wif me too!"

Round and round the mulberry bush
And
We
All
Fall
Down.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

You forgot one...

Stephen Harper - "what's for dinner?"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Sweater Steve's Big Button would be blue and he'd hit it if he thought that he'd get a majority guv'mint in the spring.

new topics

top topics

join