It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Professor – It’s Over Now- MUST WATCH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The new TV commercial by the Citizens Against Government Waste starts with a scene from the future. The year is 2030 and we are set in a university auditorium in Beijing, China. Called “Chinese Professor”, the ad shows a professor lecturing a class on world economic history. The premise is simple, great nations and empires all throughout history fell due to the same reason. They taxed and over-spent themselves into obscurity.

I found this pretty hilarious considering recent events, but it is an important message worth listening to. Enjoy.

Source: ______beforeitsnews/story/365/655/Chinese_Professor_Its_Over_Now-_MUST_WATCH.html

edit on 24-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted before.

And here

edit on 24-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This needs to be on TV for all to see every other commercial. Keep going to Wallmart people and this will be the case.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Damn, stupid search. Oh well, thought I had a good catch for a moment there.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would disagree actually.

The reason these empires fell was due to a combination of military aspects, not necessarily economic.

Their logistics systems broke down, revolutions erupted, invasions occurred. The chain of command evaporated.

This is what led to the deterioration of the economic situations.

So, even though I am heavily over-generalizing the story here, Mr Professor is better at making vague over-generalizations than I am. Bravo.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Finally! Someone is telling it like it is!

How long has that taken, almost three yeas.

Hay, at least you're ahead of is Brits in this respect. We're all still listening to the propaganda spouted by government and the BBC! No one here knows what's really going on.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
This needs to be on TV for all to see every other commercial. Keep going to Wallmart people and this will be the case.

Wait, how does shopping at wal-mart increase the national debt?

Does every product you buy from that store make Congress take another loan?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

LOL, it happens to everyone, don't sweat it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nope, but they're still evil, LOL!

I managed a Wal Mart for a couple of years in the homeland "Northwest Arkansas!" WalMart, USA!!

They intentionally drive out the little guys, they do it with full knowledge that it is illegal, they get sued, they pay up, and they keep doing it, because it is a good longterm plan for them!

Our price "matching" policy was, lower it 1 penny below competition on first time, due it again if they match you, BUT, if you must lower it a third time, you are to lower it 10% below cost! Nobody can buy as cheaply as WalMart, and then they sell it below their own cost just to maqke it impossible for competition. It is highly illegal, they have been sued and fined, but they continue the practice.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join