It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renewed Push to Give Obama an Internet "Kill Switch"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Organize a trade, he can have an Internet Kill Switch, if we can have an Obama Kill Switch.

2nd

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm really glad to see this posted. I was almost going to post this myself since I waited all morning since I read that bit of news to see if this would turn up on ATS. I didn't see this thread unti I used the search function here for "Internet kill switch". What alarmed me was the element of the bill to remove it from judicial oversight and therefore take away any hope of an affected citizen to have their say in court. It's just another proposal among many to give more tyrannical power to the government and concentrate it specifically to the president, and take away the ability of citizens to seek accountability and redress.

All they have to do is declare an emergency, and it's their show to run and they don't have to be accountable to the people they are shutting down. I appreciate the necessity of speed when faced with an emergency but it seems these days we live under a near constant state of various emergencies, the natures of which are almost never fully explained and always at least partially classified, and more and more our government seems to rule by decree.

Oh yeah right...take away the right to have your day in court and give all this power to one person as, according to the CBS news article: " A company that objects to being subject to the emergency regulations is permitted to appeal to DHS secretary Janet Napolitano. But her decision is final and courts are explicitly prohibited from reviewing it.". source: www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 25-1-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Edit to highlight all decisions are final in the hands of one person whose name comes up often these days when the imbalance of power over the people is the topic.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join