It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Extremists Claim They Have Nuclear Weapon!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You make a good point, but the whole idea behind bragging about it is if it's their only one and they are using it as a means to bargain with...

They can get their hands on explosives all the time, which is why they don't brag about it.

They don't always get their hands on nukes. If this happened in the terrorist community, it would certainly be worth bragging about for them.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
Where there's a will, there's a way.

That doesn't work with nukes.
If it did, things would be way different.

You need way more than a will.
For example you need a massive infrastructure, resources, wealth, and advanced technology.

Oh and a bunch of scientists.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Actually it would be a good recruiting tool for them. Imagine all of the potential nut jobs in the middle east who are willing to blow themselves up for jihad who would gladly do it for something of that magnitude. World wide news of historical significance vs the average anonymous suicide bomber du jour (that might not even make the news).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

They don't always get their hands on nukes. If this happened in the terrorist community, it would certainly be worth bragging about for them.

They will brag After using it.

Not before.

If you brag before you use it, you just revealed your cover and now everyone can set up a mega-defense grid to find it.

It's just poor strategy, and anyone able to get a nuke would not be that stupid.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
anyone not think that the usa might not be the target. i mean i know the world is supposed to revolve arount the usa but maybe israel would be a more pressing target for muslim extremists as they are the number one enemy to these people and not the usa which gets less terrorist attacks by muslim extremists than spain,the uk,lebanon,egypt and many other countries all around the world.

there is more to this world than north america, infact most of this world is not north americca or even america on a whole.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That also a very Good Point!..Since when have the terrorists Given ANY prior warning to their plans? They arnt about showing off they are about action! By all means they may have a Nuke..However this news story Lacks logic and is either fabricated or worthless

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

The OP says it could be a missing missile from Russia; I doubt anyone could walk a missile across the border.
They could just take the physics package instead of the whole missile.

Where would you hide a missile?
Being a missile changes everything though. Mounting it of a converted freighter and launching it from the gulf of mexico up over the center of the country is a better use of it. The emp would set us back a century.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

and be all allah ackbar about it.

Haha, thanks for the laugh man.

Starred!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
ok it seems most agree we're missing several bombs. experts suggest they're likely for sale on the black market. we're bombarded 24 hours a day with the "terrorists will stop at nothing to kill you" message...yeah let's blow this off.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I hate to bring up "Channelled information, but its so recent, and pertinent i have to rub it in a bit...hehehe
Stanly Fullham, has revealed that terrorists have a nuclear weapon just days ago in his book challenges of change....
Aparently the Transcendors have outlined to him that this was so.
It is really a blast to hear this even if it isnt solid, just because the jerkos were poo pooing the channelled information part.
well, boys, what do you think now?
Anyone who is interested in the rest of stanlys message, please look up the thread Revelations of Stanley Fullham....
There is a radio interview which he spills the beans about the bomb of al queda.
Stanly also says they have a dirty bomb as well.....
His solution for the terroristas is to offer them amnesty for their nukes.
thus ending the war on terror, and also getting the dangerous nuke off the streets.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Unlikely that they have the nuclear weapon + the fusing device+ the arming codes.

The Russian military had the nuclear weapon and transport it, set it up ready to fire.
the KGB had the arming fuse and installed it.
Then a party commissar would enter the arming code into the arming fuse.
this was so that no one part of the tripartite that ran Russian could use a weapon without the agreement of the other two parts of the government.

The US does it different the military has the weapon with the fuse installed if its a active weapon. if its a inactive weapon the arming fuse is removed and stored separately
The president has the master arming codes.
This code allows commanders in the field to decrypt there arming codes.
Two officers must enter there codes into the weapon and unlock simultaneously with keys the computer to enter the code into the weapon.

With these extremists they may have a weapon but its without the fuse system or arming codes.
I would make a good firecracker but would not go nuclear without a lot of very skilled work and a knowledge of how to build a arming fuse for that weapon.
Since only the Russians know how the weapon was set up the extremist have a unsolvable problem.

Even North Korea while they have got there nuclear weapons to go off have not got anywhere near full yield from there nukes.

Getting a nuclear weapon to work is very hard for countries and something that is beyond the skill level of a extremist group.

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

If extremist get a working nuke they would have to get it from a country like North Korea, Iran or Pakistan.

edit on 24-1-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
what are the possible targets? Los Angeles,Washington DC, New York etc? And how will they be smuggled into America?

My first would be (if of course they do have one) is large sea ports, the sort that are really important to the economies I suppose, much easier to get something like that in under cover in one of the many thousands of cargo containers - maybe even get it onto a truck and take it down town some place?

After that, and if they still have any money left... They could always try getting it into a small aircraft for a sucide mission I suppose.

If they had a missile tho, I don't think they will have the correct expertise to launch the thing... Unless the people came with it, which I doubt, they would be missed and all that.

Also don't they boobie trap these things to high heaven? The nukes as complex as a missile I swear they have devious tricks in them that will blow anyone tinkering with it sky high but not actually go nuclear.

I very much doubt this whole idea, but you never know.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A lot of responses for what is basically nothing more than a blog post. The source website in the OP allows any user to publish an article on their site.

The article published that claims "muslim extremists" have a nuclear weapon does not have any source material itself.

This topic is nothing worth considering or discussing in any seriousness.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That doesn't work with nukes.
If it did, things would be way different.

You need way more than a will.
For example you need a massive infrastructure, resources, wealth, and advanced technology.

Oh and a bunch of scientists.

Agreed assuming you don't already have one.

I was responding mainly to those who were saying it'd be impossible to smuggle it somewhere and blow it up.

edit on 24-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Also, imagine how much easier it would be to get into Israel than the US. Not that it would be a cake walk, but easier than the US.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

yeah i agree, and i also think any target on eurasia would be much easier than a us target, the fact is that there is not really any outside threat to the usa unless it comes from another american country, but just like with the uk, there is an inside threat of people with extremist views and they are not all affiliated with religion.

lessons have surely been learnt from 911 and getting a nuke to the us would be a lot harder than hijacking a plane was 10 years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Explanation: :shk: It is not a poor stratagy if one doesn't have a nuke and yet convinces their currently financially overwhelmed by debt enemies that they should require such a mega-expensive mega-defense grid to find it.

Personal Disclosure:
"mega-defence grid" reminds OL of MDC armour out of Palladium Rifts rpg [roleplaygame] and it was nuke proof as well!
wtfh???
Where's my D20 Damnit!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Terrorist would have no way to deliver this bomb to the west even if it does exist. They would have to fly it over and drop it, Israel is the only place they could realistically drop a bomb. Just think how far they would have to fly with this bomb to get it to the west i'm shore it would be intercepted even if they did try. I don't think this bomb exist but there is always a maybe.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Heh. But do they have a delivery system?

Oh, right. They'll bring it in and suicide bomb a city.

Frankly... I am suspicious of this story.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

No need to worry. For you to maintain one is way to complex for the average joe finatic.

Now a couple of research techs who work in a related field.

Ya they may be able to pull it off.

I find it odd with the bird die off which took place on new years day. And still no Fed conclusion.

WHY why do you not know. We have the brightest people and not one can determine the root cause.

Doctor G medical eximiner where are you. I bet she could resolve this it a 20 minute.

I find it increasingly odd that the are enviromentally monitoring super bowl with all kinds of high tech gadgets. From Gas analyzers to isotope detectors.

I think they think something is up.

Stay alert all.

If something doesn't look right it probably isn't.

I'm getting tired of being lied to.

Just tell us like it is. We can handle it.

Better to know its coming then be blind to the potential theat.

Rb

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join