It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Found in Indonesia Rice Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
From AOL News (1/24/2011)

Indonesian rice farmers in Slemen, Yogyakarta, got quite a surprise Sunday morning when they discovered that overnight a large crop circle had mysteriously formed in one of their fields.

The circle, which also includes internal geometric patterns of a triangle and smaller circles, has an overall diameter of nearly 90 feet, according to The Jakarta Post.

One resident, Cahyo Utomo, speculated that the odd piece of rice field artwork wasn't man-made. "The circles were there since yesterday morning. I think they were left by an alien spaceship," he said.

"It is impossible that this was made by the wind or any animal," he added.

Whether crafted by humans or aliens, thousands of crop circles have been reported all over the world for many decades, but with a higher number recorded in England. And they're not always circular, with some of the more intricate and complex ones looking like strange animals or even scientific symbols or DNA sequences.

The patterns are generally created by something that flattens various crops, like rice, wheat and rye, and they're usually discovered by farmers in the early morning where they didn't exist the night before.

In some cases, people have admitted being the architects of crop circles, by using ropes and boards to flatten the crops. But even that doesn't explain all crop circles everywhere, which leaves many of them unexplained.

According to Moedji Raharto, the previous head of the Bosscha Observatorium, Indonesia's oldest observatory, "If this really is the work of a UFO or extraterrestrial beings, it is almost 100 percent certain they would have left some sort of trace behind.

"The chemical composition of the soil itself could reveal the origin of the phenomenon. For example, when a meteorite enters the atmosphere and forms a crater, it leaves traces of elements that are not common to the area," Moedji said. He added that similar results could be expected in a soil analysis of the Yogyakarta circle.

This is the first crop circle reported in 2011. Slemen police chief Iwan Ramani wouldn't commit either way on whether the circle in his jurisdiction was crafted by a UFO, humans or even a natural phenomenon. He's still investigating.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Pics or link?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I found one
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Heres the original one he was talking about I think

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

looks like a very crude circle to me

Link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallamile

Excellent! Many thanks!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reminds me of cogs

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.ufo-blogger.com... %28UFO-Blogger+Uncover+The+UFO+Truth%29

The head of thre indonesian air frce has ordered an investigation into it.
He is pretty casual it could have UFO involvment.....way cool!
edit on 24-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
www.thejakartaglobe.com...

Thomas Djamaluddin, the head of atmospheric sciences and chief of astronomy research at the National Aeronautics and Space Agency (Lapan), doubted, however, that the Slemen crop circles were an indication that humankind had been visited by aliens.

“We will not send investigators to the scene because we suspect the crop circle involves human invention, not natural phenomena, nor scientific phenomena associated with outer space creatures commonly referred to as aliens,” Thomas said.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Im gonna throw the gauntlet down, andask the alens to a do a crop circle in something other than....well, something other than a crop. Its to easy for us to blame bored students for crop circles, with the way most of them are made.

I put it to you Mr alien, That if you are so clever then, Give us a wonderfull pattern in a big concret area, say a run way or something of the like. The crop circle thing is sooo 1990's.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
there's a thread about this already.

Click here

top topics

join