It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first video production project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not really sure if I am allowed to be posting this or if anyone will even care, but I am in desperate need of critique for this video and this is the only online message board I am a part of. If I posted this in the wrong area or should take it down, please let me know without rude words being thrown around. Thank you!

I am an aspiring videographer with big dreams. The footage that was used in this video was from a concert a company (bignamefame.com) sponsored. I only had 1 camera (sony nex-vg10 with rode boom attachment), and was being paid to make a promotional video that isn't too long and contained all 5 artists. This is also my first time using Sony Vegas.

Some critiques I've heard is to tone down with the fade and that I squished the aspect ratio (?? no idea what this even means).

All music that was used was played during the concert and made by the artists, I just put the mastered audio version over. I rendered the video in wmv 1080p 6.5 mbps. I'm not the biggest fan of this sort of music but a video project is a video project haha

If anyone lives in illinois and would like any sort of film media done, such as weddings, conspiracy videos, store promotions, commercials, you can contact me by sending me a private message on here or checking the video details for my email. Thanks for taking your time to watch it and I hope it isn't too boring, I tried building the suspense and making it as epic as I could!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-1-2011 by SteveZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
sound is pretty bad,
and I don't really think this is the best platform to be advertising your video

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

thanks! The microphone is good itself but when there is so much sound all around it tends to pick more up than it should. I'm not necessarily advertising since I have nothing to gain from doing so, but am trying to improve both my skills and understanding of film and the only way I can do this well is from outside opinions.

Like I said this is the only forum I use, if there are others which are meant solely for this type of stuff, please inbox me the name because I don't want to waste member's times here.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
yeah better getting a direct sound source but the editing is almost MTV quality, really good could easily be TV production just need a direct line source! S+F

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Easily the most courteous comment I have received yet. I appreciate it more than you think, thank you. I will be getting into sound equipment and accessories a bit later on since I am having trouble with this camera budget as of now.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can you edit the audio to remove some of the unwanted sounds?
Just an idea....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
An overall good production me thinks, if i had to make some changes i would loose the intro song, eye of the tiger, its not working for me, doesn't seem that 'urban'(?) Maybe someone can suggest a suitable intro on here?

I think i also agree regarding the fade outs, maybe use another transition, or none at all to switch between artists, just to make things a bit more dynamic. With maybe a sound effect to distinguish the new artist, a bbc radio 1 westwood explosion or something.

Also maybe, overlap the artist name during each performance for a few seconds, just like MTV do.

Anyway, im just nit-picking, still a good production!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

that's actually a very doable, but most likely tedious idea. I can zoom in all the way on the audio and clear/mute/turn down the unnecessary 'spikes', or unwanted sounds. I have never heard of anyone doing this so I have no idea how it will sound, I will test this out

thanks for your input, appreciated

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhand

haha yeah eye of the tiger is so overused and overplayed. I wish I didn't have to use it either, but the DJ decided to open the concert with that song...idiotic move on his part imo. You think I should use more transitions instead of the fading?? That might look much cleaner I will mess around with that some more.

The sound effects per new artist is a great idea, I think I overlooked this, but from my experience sfx really takes something from ordinary to extraordinary. Again, really stupid for not adding the artists name in each shot. I was actually asked not to do that but it really would have looked much better.

Thanks for your input/criticism doorhand, I just knew making this thread would help me out tenfold!! Keep the ideas coming, plleasee!
edit on 24-1-2011 by SteveZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join