It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you being gay affect me being straight?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by Helmkat

A good point "forced" may be a wrong choise of words at least for you.Why is that children are being taught in various school's that Gay sex is normal when the majority of parent's do not want there kid's subjected to this at a young age.

If the minority "puts" some thing on the majority without consent of the majority or really not even haveing a say in the matter then what is it?

The old adage of "gay's in the closet" is just plain stupid,it has not been that way for many year's now.

Sex education in schools is really a whole different subject if you ask me. If you don't like what your school is teaching there are many avenues people can take to remove their children from the class.

Anyway I think the issue is again terminology. In this case the use of the word "normal". When I see "normal" used as you and many others have it seems to imply that any sex that does not end with the potential for procreation is not "normal". That is a very antiquated view of sex from where I sit, teenage boys must be very "abnormal". What about Hetero couples who use the rythmn method? is that abnormal? What about couples where one or more partners are infertile? Their sex can never lead to children, where does this notion of "normal" fit with them?

Normal is a trap that wants to narrow the spectrum of human sexuality.
So with you it is all semantics and the question at hand means nothing because you can not answer it.

Please, look up the definition of normal and tell me again why I can not use it to say anel sex is not normal and please try to answer why you think it is nornal

All I want is an answer from those who defend gay sex as normal and without consequences.If someone can do this I will withdraw and admit I am wrong,I am really just trying to learn from those that seem to know.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Well at least we know where you stand, even if I disagree with you lumping Homosexuals in the same camp as pedophiles and beastiality.

I understand that there is no argument I can present, no matter how reasoned that will change your mind.

So on that note, good luck.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
•In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average. The phrase "not normal" is often applied in a negative sense (asserting that someone or some situation is improper, sick, etc.) Abnormality varies greatly in how pleasant or unpleasant this is for other people.reply to post by Battleline

There is no sex act that I am aware of that Homosexuals practice that is not also practiced in the Heterosexual community.

Thus the only difference is Gender match up.

I would say that is not a significant enough deviation from the "average" to warrent as abnormal, especially when you take into account bi-sexuality.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Bizarre that someone would be so hung up on something that happened 20+ years ago.

You know what they say about prolonged obsessions....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
Walking through the grocery store, back in the mid 1980's as a single dad with his only son... 5 years old he sees two guys holding hands and asks me, Daddy, why are those two boys holding hands? WHAT? Because I have no clue about the gay lifestyle, I was dumfounded and at somewhat of a loss for words

I was at a loss for words when I saw this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65fceb3c4c29.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, people pick and choose what "dumbfounds" them. Dumbfound literally means: Found Dumb.

edit on 1/25/2011 by clay2 baraka because: I was dazzled by George Bush's gayness.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I could have said that they are fags, but a 5yr old knows little about words "love or fags"

It is very sad that your 5 year old didn't know about love. Why didn't you teach him about love?

And it is also very said that you lied to him. Why would you ever teach your kid that it is okay to lie?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

•In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average.

A man rejecting every woman on earth because he prefers to only pursue other men as sexual partners is a very significant deviation from the average. Come on people... it IS abnormal (not that there's anything wrong with that).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

•In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average. The phrase "not normal" is often applied in a negative sense (asserting that someone or some situation is improper, sick, etc.) Abnormality varies greatly in how pleasant or unpleasant this is for other people.reply to post by Battleline

There is no sex act that I am aware of that Homosexuals practice that is not also practiced in the Heterosexual community.

I would say that is not a significant enough deviation from the "average" to warrent as abnormal, especially when you take into account bi-sexuality.

That's one definition I guess but it is obvious you will continue to spin away from the question with semantics and push the idea that two wrong's make it right.

Good debate but no answer..................moveing on.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well at least we know where you stand, even if I disagree with you lumping Homosexuals in the same camp as pedophiles and beastiality.

They are not at all ethically equivalent, they are similar in that they're all misdirections of the sexual drive (away from the primary reason that we have a sexual drive to start with, which is to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

•In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average.

A man rejecting every woman on earth because he prefers to only pursue other men as sexual partners is a very significant deviation from the average. Come on people... it IS abnormal (not that there's anything wrong with that).

See but the argument is wrong. I am Gay but I have had sex with women. I know men who are Gay but are married to women.

You want to make something that is every shade of grey into something that is black and white. Not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Just because some heterosexuals have anal sex means nothing as far as if it's abnormal or not. A straight couple who has anal sex often is abnormal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

See but the argument is wrong. I am Gay but I have had sex with women. I know men who are Gay but are married to women.

You want to make something that is every shade of grey into something that is black and white. Not going to happen.

So?

Most gay men reject women as potential sexual partners because they aren't attracted to them. The fact that you've had sex with a woman means nothing and my point stands. You're apparently not sexually attracted to women, only to men, which is abnormal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That's one definition I guess but it is obvious you will continue to spin away from the question with semantics and push the idea that two wrong's make it right.

Good debate but no answer..................moveing on.

Ah now I see where you stand. Its not about normal and abnormal, it is about "right and wrong". Normal=right, abnormal=wrong. I cannot correct this lapse in logic, you will have to come to that realization on your own.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

So?

Most gay men reject women as potential sexual partners because they aren't attracted to them. The fact that you've had sex with a woman means nothing and my point stands. You're apparently not sexually attracted to women, only to men, which is abnormal.

And to you Abnormal automatically=Wrong.

Got it. Understand where you are coming from.

I agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And to you Abnormal automatically=Wrong.

Not at all.

Everyone is abnormal in one way or another, not the end of the world, so I'm not sure why gay people get so up in arms when people call their sexualitly abnormal (since it very obviously is).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by SubPop79

You could have said "because they love each other." Or I could have said that they are fags, but a 5yr old knows little about words "love or fags"

So... your kid was five years old and didn't understand what "love" was? I guess you are right; it would be hard to explain to a five year old why two people are holding hands if he does not understand love. I would imagine, though, that if you are skipping teaching your kid such broad concepts as "love" then seeing a couple of men in love on the street should be the least of your parental concerns.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Wrong, most fags are that way due to childhood trauma and or a poor relationship with the parent of the opposite sex.

JAden

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
For you, OP, to tell your son, "I don't know", was indeed the best possible answer -- for you.

Children internalize the feelings and attitudes of their parents, and your son will be growing up on the planet earth, as far as I know. To best prepare him for the world he is entering, such explanations are best left to those who are better suited to explain them from reality, from what is true, and without prejudicial implications.

Is it not true we want our children to be better than us? Then leave this instruction to one who can provide a better explanation. Don't prepare your child to enter a world where he will be perceived as narrow minded, prejudiced, and bigoted.
]
At five, a very simple response would have been appropriate. He's was not asking for, nor does he need a sex education.

"Some people like to hold hands with girls, and some people like to hold hands with boys", would have sufficed.
He would have said "oh", and that would be the end of it for a couple of more years. No harm done.

If you want to turn him into a prejudiced individual, you can do that. I hope you choose not to.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have a 5 year old boy now, and he's very aware.

I understand your dilemma, not wanting to have to explain more than necessary, but also wanting to answer honestly.

I still hold my son's hand occasionally, like when crossing the street, or walking through a busy parking lot.

I will even hold his hand when maneuvering through busy aisles in stores, much like a busy supermarket aisle.

My father-in-law has Parkinson's disease, and doesn't move around to well.
I go down to his home about every other day when he's not doing so well.
My son will come with often enough, and he sees me holding his grampa's hand or putting my arm around him when helping him get around the house or getting in and out of cars.

In my case, if asked the same question, I think a reply like

"I don't know why they're holding hands, why do I still hold your hand?"

would have probably ended it, and been truthful.

I mean, we are all making assumptions that because they were holding hands they were gay, aren't we?

Maybe they were European.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join