It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film about anti-gay preacher who murders homosexuals sparks protests at Sundance festival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I just watched a movie called "Retardead" about retarded zombies. (it was cheesy and campy).
Exactly Blup: Just a film.

Sounds er...... fun!!

Film is just art....

People paint what they like.... sing what they like..... write what they like (and books can be much, much worse then any film would ever be allowed to be
) and make movies about what they like.

Art is about expression and often conveying a message.... you may not like where they're coming from but then don't watch, read or look at it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Any other director besides Kevin Smith would have focused more on the gore but being a Kevin Smith film, the film is going to be an ego-laden and dialogue-heavy bore.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
OMG! What an outrage, this is the most important thing I've ever heard in my life! Nothing else matters to me anymore. See you guys later I'm off to get a sharpy and some poster board to oppress... uh I mean express my pointless opinion on everyone else.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

Eh.. I don't care what anyone says, kevin smiths first film was great. I haven't seen this yet but it is probably more in the Vulgar vein (his production company not direction). I actually look forward to seeing it not that I know it's Smith. Even though his last movie was a hollywood piece of trash, this is his escape from that he is doing this one on his own, completely independent.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, their version of morality revolves around hatred, but otherwise, yeah. That pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

How is it abnormal or unhealthy?
You are the one that has been brainwashed friend. I drew my conclusion from my own contemplation and knowing gay people. You draw your conclusion from the idiocy of others.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Holy hell.. I had actually never seen the trailer. It looks amazing. It looks like Smith may have actually made a giant leap to the top of his game. I hope it is like this tease and not cheesy. If it is as good as it looks then I will be full of pride for being a Smith fan early on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join