It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Atheists are wrong??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So Christians always say "what if you are wrong...What if it's all true?" Like, what if Jesus really did walk on water just like the Greek god Poseidon did hundreds of years before Jesus. What if Jesus turned water into wine just like Dionysus did hundreds of years before Jesus. What if He flew into heaven on a chariot of clouds like Superman, hung on the cross and rose from the dead. What if all the stories are true about the talking snake in the garden, the talking donkey, the 900 year old people, the 3 story tall giants, the Great Earth Flood with every single animal on board who all distributed themselves accordingly around the world to their proper habitat after the ark landed. What if that's all true? Is that what they're asking me? Do they hear what they're saying??

And they're asking me to sit back and try to imagine a heaven while my loved ones possibly go to hell but I still enjoy paradise in heaven, while they burn for eternity? Enjoy a paradise where anyone has to burn forever?!??! Are you actually a being that can sit back and relax in a paradise while others burn forever?!?!??! The God you worship set up such a horrible scenario? Puh-leeze.

It doesn't take a scholar to see that the whole thing made up by people who wanted paradise and revenge. What if it's all true? It can't be. You know why? Because there is no paradise while my brother burns. And if there is one for you, then you need to have your head examined.

You are a pawn to a lie that offers you revenge and eternal paradise for the heroic deed of believing stories without question. You should be so proud.

And they have the balls to come to me reciting your scriptures, judging me, assuming I am like you- groveling for someone else to take the blame for my sins. Religious people are pitiful. I want to be nothing like you.

I am wincing at the thought of you.

Religion =

edit on 24-1-2011 by ac3rr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
should be posted in the rant section I think, your not really bringing anything to table just voicing your opinions and thoughts...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here here! Not to mention all the other fundamentally flawed views and thoughts on religion, but sadly we need it even as messed up as we are. Some need it to hate it and loathe it, some need it to embrace and fill and empty hole, some need it for explanations that they cant find for themselves. It's human nature, to seek something more and greater.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yeah should probably be in the rant section, but i'm not going to disagree with you. Got balls, since of course you're going to get flak for it, for what it's worth from some people.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

"What if". The best argument in the world.

Quantum Mechanics is proving that the field of potentiality is infinite and until the observer focuses on one point, everything is possible at all times.

I agree that religion is dangerous. Trying to explain something that our finite viewable spectrum cannot fathom makes describing anything beyond that spectrum difficult at best.

The best line in the matrix series is "comprehension is not a requisite of cooperation"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My advice would be to stay away from religious people.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I agree with your summary. I do not claim to know whether god exists or not, how can I? That would be arrogant. The reason I choose not to follow the bible, is because it seems to ruled by fear. Like you say, what kind of god would allow billions of his people to burn in hell, purely because they did not embrace him? Seems a bit egotistical to me.

I have a strong moral code, I'm empathetic and like helping people out- I consider myself a good person, on the whole- sure, I'm not perfect, I have many flaws, but to think that the whole basis for defining my person, and where my after-life will lie, relies upon whether I welcome God/Jesus into my life, just seems silly to me.

If God would favour a priest who is a paedophile, or a serial killer who repented, over a person who has essentially lead a good life and been a good person, purely because they were an athiest, then personally, I will never embrace such a god. If he condemns me, or anyone else, to hell for saying that, then what chance did this world ever stand?

edit on 24-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Whatever makes me human , my thoughts, personality, ideas, memories, dies with my body. This is because my brain is what determines all these things. I am probably an atheist ,but I feel that if I want people to respect my point of view, I should respect theirs. I hope that people could just forget about religion and politics and focus on humanity. Please forgive me but I feel safer knowing there is nothing after this. I believe life is like a VHS tape and that you only see the picture as it plays. You can only remember what you saw, and you don't know when the movie ends.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Christians who say that "what if?"....must be adhering to their faith out of fear...

I'd think you either believe or you don't. If you do so just because of the possible consequences, then you're not really sincere in your faith....and I'm sure the deity could see through it...

Thing is though, who knows if anyone is "right"? Personally, I don't think any of man's labels are "right", they're just that...labels, and ideas to fill in the unknown. So, what is one to do?

Simple, live your life to what YOU feel is right. Almost all religions follow one golden rule...."do unto others as you would have done unto you". I stick by this. If I'm then "wrong" and not given some kind of salvation at the end of my Earthly existence, then so be it...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well the way I see it is if I as a believer in Christ am wrong; and I try to the best of my flawed ability to live by the Word of God from the Bible; I would at the end of my life at least lived by a set of Morals that does not change and ethics that do not Bend.

Atheist on the other hand, ( this in my Opinion ) after living their life of I am God so what I do in my home does not effect any body; or Morals and ethics that change because there are more people that disagree with God and do not like the fact that much of what they do is Sin against the Creator. I am in no way saying all practicing Atheist are bad in nature, but they do have a philosophy that Right and Wrong are subjective to the amount of people that want wrong to be right and right to be wrong. Plus they like to change definitions of words to suit their belief.

These people will die the second death, the death of the spirit that will never see the one who created them, eternally in darkness and torment.

Now since we have a Choice living by the First one if you are wrong you will have only been trying to be a good person and no foul, the second choice if you are wrong has an eternal outcome.

I chose the first one.

As with believing in God

Atheist is a Faith based belief;...............You have to know everything to Know that God truly does not exist.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ACTS 2:38 because: space

top topics

join