It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUICIDE BOMBER IN MOSCOW AIRPORT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just got back from lunch and this is the latest breaking news. Does anyone have more detailed information?:

(Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed at least 35 people at Russia's biggest airport on Monday in an attack that bore the hallmarks of militants fighting for an Islamist state in the north Caucasus region.

Link to Story

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnD

Woooh! Easy On the Caps lock mate

Yep, Indeed 35 dead, Theres been a few posts about this today but not one specifically identifying Terrorists as the cause, I wonder which Terrorist regime is going to take responsibility for this one

edit on 24/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi,

This happened a while ago now (4-5 hours ago), I am unable to start threads so could not post sooner, I find the U.S very behind in their news about the rest of the world and wanted to inform you, Rules are rules after all.

Please see link below.

news.sky.com...

regards

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Normally, I'd say this was just another attack by Chechen militants. But in this case, all of the evidence pointed toward a group from the North Caucasus. They had earlier attempted a bombing attack in Moscow on New Years Eve but failed. Even the Russian Prime Minister is saying it wasn't Chechnyans this time. Right here:

www.sify.com...

Chechen terrorists have almost always taken a more direct approach. They usually take hostages or make a direct assault on government buildings which usually ends in failure. A couple of times they have used explosives but not in a suicide bombing like this. The last time, they had attempted to collapse a subway tunnel directly beneath an FSB building, but it didn't work.

top topics

join