It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is NOT under Islamic control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Not yet it's not!

Based on current birth rates I think that happens around 2030, assuming we survive 2012 and all other coming disasters... not that Sharia law in Britain ISN'T a disaster, but you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

You still haven't explained why it is you think the UK is done for, in your opinion.

I also find it quite ironic that a man that has emmigrated to another country is rattling on about immigrants.
edit on 26/1/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

What a fantastic OP, I am glad someone has finally pointed out to the Americans and even some of us fellow Brits that Brittan is not under Islamic rule. I am pretty sure the Queen is still Anglican......

Sometimes when I hear some people on ATS talking about the UK, I think there only source of information is the daily mail.

S&F

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here we go again....

Are us brits under Islamic / radical rule...NO...It simply isn't true..

Are we in danger of being under Islamic rule....Yes, it's a definite possibility based on birth rates and numbers but its some way off, I'm sure the world will have found a way to blow itself up long before that can happen.

But the real question here is are our governments giving a radical offshoot of Islam far too much freedom...That's a resounding yes.

And yet again I ask people to stop tar brushing Muslim people, the people you are afraid / unhappy about are religious off shoots following man made rules formed mostly in Saudi. There are however a great many quite ordinary Muslim people all over the world who are not looking to eat your children, cut off your head or stone you to death.

How do I know this, I'm married into a Muslim family, so what you say, you are a Muslim yourself...WRONG, I'm an atheist and my in-laws knew this before we got married, as I still seem to have a head and there's been no honour killing so far I think its safe to say my in laws and their extended family are nice people.

In fact they are some of the nicest people I have ever met and welcomed me into the family, not once have I been shunned or treated with any thing other than respect and love. It would be fair to say that you would not even realise they were Muslim if you walked past them.

It disturbs me that people see a simple scarf and an instant enemy, its a simply requirement of the religion when outside the home, I do however fully understand the feat of the full burqa, a garb created and worn by those that follow or are made to follow the radical side of the religion. Personally I find it a hideous treatment of the women and please, don't go by this nonsense its a personal choice, its NOT, it's a rule made by men, for men and the woman by the rules MUST abide by the man's wishes regardless of their feeling.

My choice would be to ban the burqa here, its an issue that allows preference in this countries laws for one party and not the other. Try going into a bank with a face mask, expect the law quite quickly.

I can already hear the 'he's afraid of a bit of cloth', NO, I'm unhappy with the ideals behind it and its followers, they do not follow democracy, they do not follow fairness and they do follow mob rule.

Unless you live is some of our more select area's where those that do often do so to avoid living with people of colour and other rather "not for here types", yes racial snobs, then you will have seen what goes on on our streets. We already have enough home grown thugs, dealers, gun men, rapists and other criminal types of all creeds and colours. Why are we happily importing and keeping more?

Ah, he's racial I hear you say...Wrong....I'm talking numbers, housing stock, money, area, we simply already over ran our resources in 2006, since then we have allowed a flood of people we can no longer hope to sustain. The tension caused by this is down to those useless greedy little thieves in Westminster, for those here by birth or long since immigrated to here there are no housing stock, lists are 17 years in length, I know I'm on one for 12yrs, we simply cannot support people of all colour and creed who are British as it is, why the hell are we not following other countries and at least picking the right people but that's really a rhetorical question as we do know why this is the case.

Are there issues on our streets with regard to militant Islamics, yes there are, just the same as there are with the drug dealers, sex offenders, thugs and other criminals. What's more of a worry is that there IS a worrying trend that these radicals are more and more involved in these area's, despite serious religious ideals we are seeing more and more drug gangs ran by mostly Somalian militant Muslims, we are seeing world wide incredulous numbers of sex attackers that ARE from these sexually repressed countries, yet all these are supposed to be against their rules.....Seems not..

So where do I get my facts?

From where I live and where I have been to, its a fact we have Somalian drug gangs running this estate, the police know it, the people who live here know it. I'm not saying you can't be a Somalian and be a criminal, I'm saying the same gangs often ran by women are walking down the road in religious clothing, saying religious greetings to each other yet the religion says what they are doing is wrong. They preach peace while defiling us kuffars.

As I've said in an other thread, go to Luton, you WILL find area's that are no go, I've been to them and the mainly Asian youths are using radical religion as their reason. Don't take my word, try a few of the local parks there, you will find this. Again, I'm well aware of the problem of gangs in parks, very aware as we have them here but the difference is these are just thugs off their skulls, there's no religious content to their scummery.

People really do find gangs of people dressed up in full burqa's and cover their faces while screaming about beheading us quite frightening, the constant reference to taking over the country no matter how impossible it is at the moment is very ugly, often from people who have came here and given haven here. The constant wish to replace our law with Sharia is frightening, and please, I know at the moment its unlikely and the only Sharia that people see is the watered down version being used to fix marital and property issues but listen to the call from Saudi, they wish to IMPOSE it world wide.

Look at the incredibly swift wish for Saudi to fund super mosques all over the US, mosques that are self contained area's for 250+ people to LIVE in, fully self contained (so much for integrating), self schooling, internal shopping, what's worrying is that these mosques are often in places where there's not even 250 Muslims to go to worship let alone live there.

Why is this happening?

So, back to the original question, is the UK under Islamic control, the answers still the same, NO, but the real issue is that people are worrying if it WILL be and I think it's a perfectly reasonable fear that radical Islam has that intent.

If you deny that then I'm afraid it's you who is out of the loop, Saudi is intent on spreading their wishes every where, just watch their state controlled TV, they say it constantly, what's sad is that there are many very nice lovely Muslim men and women here that came here to escape what was happening to them and Saudi is intent of making it follow them.

And as I said elsewhere, if you call me racial, spreader of hate, bigot or other words then you are an idiot, read what I have written, listen to the words, I'm from a mixed race, mixed culture marriage who understands both sides of the fears, I simply cannot be any of those words.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by Mclaneinc because: clarity

edit on 26-1-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I believe the true essence of this thread alludes to the fact these minority racial groups have failed to integrate into the fabric of British society. In that respect the social experiment has failed, but it's way short of claiming 'Muslims are taking over'.

The United States itself, an infant nation in the time-line of nations, was founded on immigration: it is a nation of immigrants, but an immigration of western, European cultures. If the Spanish hadn't landed, or the British, no doubt it would be different. I think it's true to say eastern & western cultures don't mix too well, period. Our perspective on China is a good example [and vice-versa].

I hear you when you say areas of some major UK cities have become fractionalized, especially in the poorer districts where the indigenous population have moved out and their places filled by communities of immigrants, but that occurs in any western city where [often eastern cultures] migrate to, and often where economic factors dictate. They tend to be insular as they find comfort in sharing the familiarity of their own culture.

If anything, I find it sad such minorities, who benefit from a system of free speech & established democracy and come from areas of the world where repressive regimes dominate most aspects of their existence consistently fail to appreciate what is given so freely to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
If anything, I find it sad such minorities, who benefit from a system of free speech & established democracy and come from areas of the world where repressive regimes dominate most aspects of their existence consistently fail to appreciate what is given so freely to them.

I hear what you say and agree, yes many countries have flourished from immigration, in fact many countries NEEDED the immigrants more than they ever realised or admitted.

Sadly though, every place has a capacity, the UK is no exception, we are over full and unable to maintain the people who were here initially. We simply have to stop.

And yes, I like you find it sad that people who come here miss out of the free speech and democracy, a woman going to a Sharia court is already facing a struggle as the man is the dominant person in that law. The same woman going to a UK law would stand the real chance of a proper settlement.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is how certain parts of the US media see the UK..

www.liveleak.com...

East London does indeed look like that.

And yes we have gave in to silly demands like Muslim only swimming times. Very silly....

We must be treated the same...ALL of us...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by mr-lizard

When they take over a country they attack at will until their religous agenda is met, then they slaughter at will until they convert most the population...O wait you already haev a dominant islaimc society.
Listen young jedi, I am older then you by years and years, maybe even decades. Im more aware of reality then you wish to be. We amricans are nto harrassing you for your islamic take over. We see your situation and know what we WILL do here when they "THINK" they can start bombing our public places....kinda take it like this, you are our examples of what to do when it hits our homes...

First of all. You have no idea how old I am.

Secondly your spelling atrocious. If you're going to attempt to patronise me, get a few things straight:

Learn how to spell (since you're older and have obviously got far more life experience than me), stop pretending you have any idea of what life in the UK is like, when you obviously don't as you wouldn't be spouting such crap. Your obnoxious attitude contributes nothing and I vaguely suspect you of trolling and looking for a reaction.

The UK will not bow to Islamic fundamentalism, much in the same way no other race or religion will ever take hold of the UK.

You may think you have an idea, but the truth is you are simply regurgitating Americanised media, without any shed of proof or research.

Cheers.

And that's the truth of it. I suspect the American media push these scare tactics to keep a Christian stranglehold on their people.

There's alot of "look at the UK, Islam is winning as Christianity declines" nonsense in the US media.

The reality is if Islam is going to win anywhere in the West, it's America. It's far easier to convert someone who already lends himself to fairytales, than it is to convert a nation of atheist skeptics. I'll tell you what, I lived in a 50% Muslim town and was never once bothered by Muslims. I live in a town with 1 Mormon American, and every week he's got an army of Yanks over hear harassing neighbours with their garbage religion.

Americans are just upset Christianity is dying all over the world. That's what its really about. The only way to keep Christianity dominant in America is to spew apocalyptic anti-Muslim nonsense about what happens when people abandon Christianity.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by blupblup

For an amusing addition, I was in the taxi yesterday morning on the way to work driven by a young Pakistani man and we had an interesting discussion. While being nominally a Muslim, he loved his beer, his women and he was partial to a bacon butty! He was quite surprised to find out that I didn't really like drinking and congratulated me on being a "responsible parent" as too many young men (of all walks of life) loved to booze and party.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, for the most part British Muslims are just like the rest of us. Granted, some may not drink and be more religious, but I do not drink except on special ocassions so as long as we all respect each other, what exactly is the problem? Now, i have my misgivings about the previous Governments open door immigration policy, but that is another matter entirely and not really just a "muslim" issue.

And, just to reassure our rabidly racist American cousins, the UK is still about 80-85% White! Only around 3% of the population is Muslim and the rest are Hindu/Sikh Indians or Afro-Caribbeans. There cannot be a takeover by the Muslims (assuming they even want too) because, quite simply, they lack the numbers.

This is especially true of young Muslims. And it's something the scare mongers ignore. The fact each generation of Muslims aren't being more extreme, they're become more westernised.

Alot of them drink beer, smoke, chase girls, watch the football, eat non halal etc listen to stringed instruments(for anyone who's seen Four Lions lol)

I'm only out of years 5 years ago and it amazes me how some people, especially Americans, seem to think everyone is bowing to the demands of Islamic nutters. It's the exact opposite. More and more Muslims are adapting and embracing British culture.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Why oh why is classism acceptable when racism is not?

It's not classism. Most people who talk about neds and chavs are working class to the bone themselfs. It'd be classism on your behalf to assosciate the lower class with chavs. Because nobody else on here seems to be doing that but you.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Jamo2o1o

Exactly.

I've been mugged twice before. Both by black men, not Muslims. I've been attacked coming out of a night club and was bottled round the head. Not by Muslims, but by white men. There are nobheads of all creeds, it is universal.

I've been beat up various times by Muslims. That's what happens when you live in a predominately Muslim area. I know many Muslims who've been beat up by Muslims.

Now I live in a majority white area, and have been beat up many times by white people.

The problem is people are subconsciously racist. So when they have trouble with someone of their own race they just think, "that guys a ////", but when they have trouble with someone different, the subconsciously see the race or ethnicity, and overtime these people delude themselfs.

I guarantee some of the white racists here, if Pakistani, would be Pakistani racists and cite aload of examples of being victim to white attacks.

Furthermore, if we're comparing bad stories, my dad was once beaten to near death with baseball bats by a gang of Pakistani kids. Was actually on a life support machine for a while. What does it mean, nothing. These guys just happen to be Pakistani. But I know for a fact if this happened to some of these people on here, they'd be using it to justify their racist viewpoint.

Until these racists recognise their brain is wired to be racist, they'll never change for the better. And will always live with hate.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Of course Britain isn't an islamic nation, and it never will be!! Even if the radical islamists wanted britain can you really see the british people living under a strict sharia law?? For a start we like our drink too much!
I think its the media blowing things out of proportion again. Only about 3% of the population is muslim. Every muslim person i know are happy in our culture and embrace it, its just the small minority that are extremists, and a small minority of bigots in this country that think they shouldnt be here. Most "British" people I know are happy to live in a multicultural society, because thats what makes Britain, we have been multicultural for years thats what our country has been built on! Thats what makes it great!
I do think that integration needs working on though. Some areas are predominantly one race, and these are where the problems arise. If one culture doesnt understand the other, then they will fear each other.
OP I totally agree with what you said and its about time someone said it. However I've gotta bring up the chav thing too. You cant generalise a whole group like this it does seem hypocritical. Some of my best friends are chavs
and they've never stabbed anyone or robbed anyone. Same as not all muslims are extremists.
Ironically enough you will find that 'chavs' can be more racially tolerant than most middle class people...food for thought....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You still haven't explained why it is you think the UK is done for, in your opinion.

I also find it quite ironic that a man that has emmigrated to another country is rattling on about immigrants.

Why ? Because That is the way I see it. The country as it exists now is not the nation I grew up in. Before you talk about rose tinted glasses, stop. It is, as all comments here are, one persons opinion.
It is dirty, violent, vulgar and overpopulated. The racial and religious tensions are stronger than they ever were.
Your opinion will naturally vary.
With regards to my relocation. Yes, I did because my wife asked me if we could. I now live in a country that is widely regarded as, and in some areas actually is, dirty, violent vulgar and crowded (not over-populated). Still possible to find many, many places where it is none of those things however. I also do not expect the populace to adapt to my customs etc.
The qualities I mention are interesting. Interesting in the fact that the tone of your responses display them, even as you mouth the principles of tolerance.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Why ? Because That is the way I see it. The country as it exists now is not the nation I grew up in. Before you talk about rose tinted glasses, stop. It is, as all comments here are, one persons opinion.
It is dirty, violent, vulgar and overpopulated. The racial and religious tensions are stronger than they ever were.
Your opinion will naturally vary.
With regards to my relocation. Yes, I did because my wife asked me if we could. I now live in a country that is widely regarded as, and in some areas actually is, dirty, violent vulgar and crowded (not over-populated). Still possible to find many, many places where it is none of those things however. I also do not expect the populace to adapt to my customs etc.
The qualities I mention are interesting. Interesting in the fact that the tone of your responses display them, even as you mouth the principles of tolerance.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

I've been beat up various times by Muslims. That's what happens when you live in a predominately Muslim area. I know many Muslims who've been beat up by Muslims.

Now I live in a majority white area, and have been beat up many times by white people.

You seem to have been beaten up quite a bit, certainly more than average.

Not intending to insult or belittle but maybe you should think if it's something you are doing, and I'd definately recommend you learn some self-defence techniques.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Not intending to insult or belittle but maybe you should think if it's something you are doing, and I'd definately recommend you learn some self-defence techniques.

Non taken, I know how it appears. Especially to those who don't know British council estates, i'm sure I'll come across as a genuine misfit. In my defence, If you search 'Burnley wood' on Google image search, it will give you an idea of the area I grew up in. Even Mahatma Ghandi would have been in some fisticuffs

As for all the fighting, when I was living in the predominately Muslim area I was still in High school, and got into a fight with a kid who had a real reputation. He randomly slapped me(this was when Happy Slapping was big), naturally I gave him a taste, and accidently beat him up. From then on I had an unwanted reputation of being handy with the fists, which is like sh/t to flies with school kids in a rough area. I was jumped several times on the back of that one incident, by his friend, gang, what have you. That's one of the reasons we moved, actually.

Still, I've never actually started a fight in my life. I've either been attacked or tried to stop friends from being attacked. I know why I've been in alot of fights. What I do 'wrong' is not letting thugs and bullies walk all over and intimidate me or the people I keep company with. I don't have much of a 'flight' instinct, so when physically confronted I stand up for myself.

I know it doesn't reflect well to strangers who cant gauge your true character online, but I honestly believe if most people had a bit more self respect and stomach, we'd have far less of a problem with hoodlums and gangs ruining entire areas. The reason things are as bad as they are is because everyone is scared of trouble makers and won't stand up for themselves or what's right. I'll never forget when I was jumped in a busy public street, and adults walked straight by, as if blind to what was happening.

Haven't had any trouble for years now anyway. I'm nearly 22, most the trouble makers are younger than me so I'm not as much a target as I was as a teenager. And I don't go out much anymore, which certainly helps!

I know a bit of self defence though, I do some BJJ wrestling to help with my rugby

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Pretty much speaks for itself.. You can keep flaming me i dont care. You got a big problem on your hands U.K. You should be standing against your own Government. Yes, there are Americans that say the U.K is turning to Islam. Alot of it is your own Countrymen also.

Here are other videos from one of your own Countrymen.
ukTruthSeeker

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Damn. You're starring out for that comment. Hope I haven't painted myself as a violent meathead to fellow members

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Damn. You're starring out for that comment. Hope I haven't painted myself as a violent meathead to fellow members

Yes, typical council estate thug

Don't worry, I live on a council estate in Northolt ran by the London borough of Ealing, its one of the roughest estates around here. To give you a clue, in our next block lived a rapist (now in prison), the block to our left has 2 sets of prostitutes, my ex neighbour loved to beat his wife so much one nigh we heard her scream (and I swear this is true) "don't head butt the baby".

On every corner is a dealer, gangs roam looking to extract money from people, the local corner shop is used by the dealers as their store for their customers, the owners allow them out of fear.

As we live in a block with no security door I have spent the years throwing out dealers and their customers and the local scum louts who gather like a virus outside. Thankfully I'm big enough to make an impact and its a much quieter and clean block than most.

Now we have the added issue of militant youths trying to harass anyone they can, like we don't have enough idiots around. So yes, I know your problem with estates only too well.

Keep safe...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's rather pathetic watching people from other countries always trying to pass the blame onto America, grow up and take responsibility for your own mistakes. Its really pretty sad.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join