It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is NOT under Islamic control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by expat2368

There is always someone ready to chime in with the "my friends have been there and say it's awful", without any quantification, verifiable source or fact.

Pray tell, explain your reasoning, or are you merely parroting what you've heard without independantly verifying what it is you have heard?

You see, we actually live here and see it for ourselves, yet somehow our views and opinions mean nothing to foreigners who have "visited" and told their mates.

Well let me chime in. I was born (Bedford) and raised there (Rushden, Nothants) until 18.....then joined the Army. Early 80's did my stint in Northern Ireland etc.
In 1997 I left (for good). The writing was on the wall and is simply becoming more obvious over time.
I know you'll disagree, I get it. However with every return visit to see my sole remaining parent and my siblings I become more disillusioned by what (I perceive) my birth country is becoming.
Time to wake up and smell the pork chop (while you still can).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Again, more opinionated crap backed up with what exactly?

How is the UK "lost"? Explain, rather than just repeating the same unfounded nonsense.

Is it because they are a majority? No, not that. We outnumber them at least 10-1.

Are we made to bow to their religion? Nope, not that either. The only people I get trying to convert me is Christians.

What else is there? I am beggining to suspect that it is merely the fact they are here and you're just a racist bigot. What else can it be, apart from a dislike of "brown" people.

reply to post by Noncompatible

Again, explain how you believe it to be the way you see it. What exactly is it that bothers you so? Again, I suspect it boils down to simple racism.

I can't believe everyone is falling for the "hate the Muslim" crap. The real threat to the UK comes from the EU, not a bunch of people that like to pray on a mat. 75% of all Laws on the statute book come from that over-bearing, unelected, bereaucratic behemoth in Brussels.

They subvert our Sovereignty and no-one bats an eyelid. But a few brown people move in and all of a sudden the UK is dooomed!.

F**king racists, always got their priorities wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just a view from a different perspective, In fact two stories. (I live in London by the way)
1. Myself and a friend were out one night in Hyde Park (London), long story short we were mugged and beaten by a gang of at least twenty Asian males, who (after jumping/robbing/beating us) proceeded to pin my friend on the ground whilst whispering racist/threatening comments in his ear (he is black by the way), they told us to get out of their area, just because Edgeware road is predominantly Muslim..

Another story albeit from my friend was that he had to quit college in South London because of the pressure/bullying from Muslim's because he was Christian. Apparently a gang called SMS would ask you to recite a passage from the Quran. If you couldn't, they would rob you. Clever plan, I know...

However those are just separate stories concerning one religion. Every race/creed/colour has bad apples and i have stories about every race/religion, I'm sure everyone does. Islam isn't taking over the U.K. We just give radical idiots a speaker to talk through. Aka The Sun, Daily Mail ect.

Just my two pence.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamo2o1o

Exactly.

I've been mugged twice before. Both by black men, not Muslims. I've been attacked coming out of a night club and was bottled round the head. Not by Muslims, but by white men. There are nobheads of all creeds, it is universal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

We all know Muslims are a minority in the UK (I've lived there before) and yes I've had my fair share of trouble with "Christian" youths hurling racists insults and threatening to stab me. I consider these individuals/youths to be Chavs! Not Muslims/Christians/Jews/Hindus/Buddhists......but CHAVS!.regardless of their religion.

Youths have a tendency to join gangs as it gives them a sense of superiority and belonging. These are Teenagers and Teenagers will cause trouble no matter what religion they are! So people shouldn't blame such incidents on Muslims alone. How many racist murders have been committed by locals on people of African descent? Makes you think doesn't it.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Serizawa because: sorry i misunderstood your post at first !

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
First off S*F OP, well said and I agree with you 100 %.

Seconly, I find it quite amusing the amount of Americans warning us about other cultures taking over the UK.

In my opinion, the only culture to have wormed it's way in the British culture has been from the US.

When I hear my children playing, they do so in US accents. Most TV shows are from the US.

Our news media pay more attention to US elections than they do to our own elections.

And now Americans are warning us that someone else is going to take over and undo their U.Sification.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42
reply to post by SKinLaB

Quickly my American friends...to the rescue!

Pffft.
edit on 24-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

WOAH! Ignore that statement U.S, please don't try and rescue us, we've done nothing wrong to you, we don't deserve an American "rescue".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Some great replies here. Thanks everyone for contributing. Got the usual biggoted comments, but not in force which is good to see.

When i lived in Pollockshield i was told, mostly by white middle aged men who loving called the area 'pakishields' or 'banglashields', that they would never go there and couldn't understand how i could live there. Majority of these men lived in the eastend of Glasgow, where you don't want to be outside after the school bell rings. Biggoted hypocrasy is pretty amusing if not annoying. We can only judge by our own experiences , not what others tell us, not by what we read in the papers or see on TV, and that's the whole point of this thread.

The problem areas in this country do need to be dealt with. But that needs to be done by opening up, working together and moving forward. It seems we are mostly stuck in the good old British way of complaining about something but not gettin up of our arses to do anything about it. Even the EDL, who so prominantly state that they are doing something about it, seem to think that sitting in a pub and shouting in the street about how rubbish Muslims are is being proactive. They have no interest in helping fix any situation and only make it worse.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by lnr42
reply to post by SKinLaB

Quickly my American friends...to the rescue!

Pffft.
edit on 24-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

WOAH! Ignore that statement U.S, please don't try and rescue us, we've done nothing wrong to you, we don't deserve an American "rescue".

Dont worry, my previous post was pure sarcasm.

Anyway, we have next to bugger all oil here so I dont think any 'rescue' is forthcoming luckily.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
A sad day when the UAF lot start trolling ATS.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinster

Originally posted by Spinster

Why would you even say this?

You seem to be longing for some imaginary time past where ATS was reknowned as a home for bigotted racists.

I see no UAF supporters here. Just realists who are bored of the ignorant Islamophobes.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
TO ALL you lovely BNP members you have again FAILED to answer my question . so ...
If we are under control of the muslims why are we in afghanistan and iraq slaughtering muslims ? Im sorry but you cant have it both ways .
To all the people getting mugged (i know you wont listen) the freaks come out at night , so if your out clubbing drinking im sorry but the likelihood of you meeeting an ass.... greatly increases .
THE CITIES OF UK ARE ALL LIKE THIS NOW NO GO AREAS AT NIGHT , unless you up for fights that is .
THIS is Not because of asians OR whites its due to alcohol . ask any european what they think of the english and the reply is yobs and drunken hooligans .
SAD BUT TRUE

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

True look at Luton it had problems long before the firse of Islamic Fundies.We still have some very safe places in the UK. What about America?? Trust me they have their bad places!

Perhaps some people are more scared than others.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Seriously, did we need another thread about this stuff, my views are well known from a previous thread and unlike most I do have very in-depth knowledge of the religion but as far as I am concerned I've said my piece and that's that.

What I did detest were the moronic calls of 'hate monger' from people who simply failed to use their eyes and read what I had written, so when I see yet another thread seeking to make claims that neither side can really live up to I do wonder who are the people looking to carry on the theme.

It seems that too many people who claim its not happening in any shape or form simply cannot stop posting to tell us it isn't, surely if it's not there's no need to start another thread as its just as bad as the people claiming it is here?
edit on 25-1-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Exactly.

I've been mugged twice before. Both by black men, not Muslims. I've been attacked coming out of a night club and was bottled round the head. Not by Muslims, but by white men. There are nobheads of all creeds, it is universal.

I've been attacked by gangs twice. Both times on a bus in Merseyside. Both times they were a gang of white lads. Luckily I avoided any serious injury besides bust lips, black eye and a bust up nose. Nothing more than scallies looking to beat up rockers and alternative folk (they attacked me because i dared to wear a black t-shirt and jeans with a band logo on - yeah seriously).

Even if these lads would have been Asian, Chinese, Eskimo's, Africans or Welsh, I still would have put it down to being a victim of circumstance, and would not form a hate campaign.

Idiots are idiots. No race, group or ethnic minority contains more idiots than any other.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I don't know. When I visited London recently it was literally crawling with muslims. One of them, a pompous Arab wearing sheets, was taken aback when I stared him down and made him move to the side so I could pass. Everyone else was being as obsequious as possible to this clown and fawning over him like he was royalty.

And you will see them on the buses and trains, too. Rocking back and forth chanting to their allah for the death of the infidels.

London has a serious muslim infestation and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Go visit for yourself. Take the London Pride tour and then make a stop at The Black Swan. Alcohol frightens most moose-lambs away.

Other than the raggies, London is an awesome place to visit. Could have stayed for months.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

hear hear well put .
i have neve been mugged the only crimes i have had done to me have been from whites and they were drunk , like mr lizard said were just in the wrong place at the wrong time .
TPTB wants us to be fearful they divide us into race religion and class ANYTHING that can make us feel seperate from others .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

with an attitude like that i doubt youd be welcome in london again .
I have NEVER EVER in 33 years seen anything other than politeness from asians .
look at at spects of their society , grandmas live with the family, english oaps are in care homes too much of a burden to their children .
i worry that you speak like this .
on a lighter note im glad we have asians here theres nothing like chicken bhuna , bombay potatoes pilau rice and poppadums !!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 25-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
I don't know. When I visited London recently it was literally crawling with muslims. One of them, a pompous Arab wearing sheets, was taken aback when I stared him down and made him move to the side so I could pass.

I think you'd get that response from anybody if you walked up to them and refused to give way while given them a stare! Plus, that is normal for London, no matter who is doing it. Everyone is in a rush and everyone bumps into everyone else. Oh, by the way, I know you Americans have a hard time understanding, but London is not England.

And you will see them on the buses and trains, too. Rocking back and forth chanting to their allah for the death of the infidels.

How could you possibly know what it is they're saying, unless you're fluent in Arabic? Besides, I've been on the buses and had crazy white people making a scene, black African women singing, small children screaming. You get all sorts of the bus and if they aren't harming you, what is your problem? Do you want a white only bus?

London has a serious muslim infestation and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Go visit for yourself. Take the London Pride tour and then make a stop at The Black Swan. Alcohol frightens most moose-lambs away.

An infestation? What a derogatory term! Besides, 69% of the population of London is white, with only 8.5% Muslim, higher than the national average but still a minority.

Other than the raggies,

Sums up your attitude really, doesn't it? How can anyone take you seriously when you're being such a blatant racist?

Originally posted by Spinster

UAF? Not on your life, sunshine! I would back the EDL if they actually got their priorities right. Instead of focussing on a minor issue, they could focus their attention on the fact we're being swallowed up by the EU. It's why I support the English Democrats. You won't find a prouder English nationalist than me, but that doesn't mean I am some racist, skin-head thug who takes to the streets to protest at Brown people.

UAF. pffft...I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Noncompatible

Again, explain how you believe it to be the way you see it. What exactly is it that bothers you so? Again, I suspect it boils down to simple racism.

I can't believe everyone is falling for the "hate the Muslim" crap. The real threat to the UK comes from the EU, not a bunch of people that like to pray on a mat. 75% of all Laws on the statute book come from that over-bearing, unelected, bereaucratic behemoth in Brussels.

They subvert our Sovereignty and no-one bats an eyelid. But a few brown people move in and all of a sudden the UK is dooomed!.

F**king racists, always got their priorities wrong.

Somewhat judgmental are we not for one who wishes to preach tolerance.
I do not judge people by the colour of their skin, but by the "colour" of their actions.
Incidentally my wife prefers the term American to brown. Or if you must, Asian-American.
She is not Muslim, but is of Indian (sub-continent, not native American) descent and thought you calling me a racist was amusing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join