It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Faces Jail After Protecting Home From Masked Attackers (with video footage)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
it's fake

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Maybe the cops and the criminals are on the same side.

Most probable explanation - the criminals throwing molotov cocktails were kids of the cops.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
You obviously have never fired a weapon, therefor unable to speak about the subject. You are absolutely ludicrous.

Actually I've been to the military service as military police so I've fired with an assault rifle, hand gun and shotgun. There is always a risk, albeit theoretic, that's why this man got sentenced and you're not allowed to shoot at the sky in public places. What goes up also comes down and may land on someone and pierce the skull. I think there was a shooting rehearsal in Poland or somewhere last year, when suddenly a bullet came down piercing the window of a church and killed a man inside. First-handedly, he should've called the police. Law is the law and it changes according to resident. Of course the human reaction (to take control in own hands and defend your family and home) is understandable which puts the jury decision in the gray area. I'm sure the official authority does NOT appreciate citizens firing shotguns in public sites, even if attacked with Molotov Cocktails. I would encourage to act by sense and not suverenely by emotion. Maybe there was a reason this man was attacked in such fashion?
edit on 25-1-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow, so MOST of the people who are usually appalled by police violence on this thread, have rung in with NO dispute. Shoot the bastards.

Had the police showed up and shot the suspects armed with bottles of gasoline, while fires burned...I'm sure this would have been a different thread.

No doubt, if you tried to burn my house down while I was sleeping, I would not take kindly...I just find it ironic to see soo many ring in with absolute violent responses.

He had time to go and get his hidden key, walk down to the basement, unlock his gun safe, trigger lock, ammo lock, load up...I'm sure he had time to call the police and fill them in at the same time. That may have helped his cause.

Also, the video looks like it was staged for some reason.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Demoncreeper because: speelliinngg

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
killing another human over destruction of property, makes the homeowner WORSE than the criminal.

destruction of property = DEATH OF A HUMAN?

sorry on my scale they dont equal out. The odd thing is i'm PRO gun rights, i think guns are a equalizer and threat deturant, however running around killing criminals is insanity from a ethics and societal value perspective.
edit on 25-1-2011 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

They cease to be "human" the instant that the first firebomb leave their hand and hits MY occupied dwelling. They suddenly become "targets" at that very instant, and their alleged humanity no longer factors in to the equation.

You can let your own family burn to death, and make of yourself a martyr in the flames for "peace activism", but I ain't going to. When it's them or me, it's going to be them if I can make that happen in any way.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I understand that laws in Canada are different than in the US, but if several masked attackers came to my property throwing molotov cocktails at my dog and house, I would shoot to kill. I would rather face life in prison for shooting four men that were trying to kill me than to be burned to death. That being said, I think that he overreacted by killing the mans chicken, cant he just buy his neighbor some chicken wire, instead of go to such drastic measures as to kill the mans livestock?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
I would shoot to kill. I would rather face life in prison...

I quote myself: I would encourage to act by sense and not suverenely by emotion.

Why shoot to kill? Maybe it's your way of saying you care for your family. At least you should rather shoot for the legs than to kill, don't you think. You're not gonna be with your family in prison.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Nobody is allowed to shoot and KILL people out of simple matters of shoplifting, destruction of property or stealing stupid ATVs... This is murder. This is using petty crimes (and shoplifting's not even a crime!) to defend even more terrible crimes.

See, that's why my stuff and my family are safer than yours. There is not a soul around here who doubts in the slightest that I'm plenty willing to put a stop to their shenanigans, and rarely do they ever try me. I've never, EVER called a cop to take are of what is my responsibility. My wife called them once to save the bacon of some dumb SOB whose day were numbered over his insistence on trying to get into my house - much to my chagrin the cops DID save his bacon, and hauled him off to jail.

On one other occasion, THE BURGLER called the cops out. Seems he thought I had no business meeting him in the MY hallway with a shotgun in the middle of the night. He's not gonna win any brilliant criminal awards, either - unless they hand those out on Friday nights as consolation prizes in jail - which was his new residence.

I'm glad there are folks like you in this world, I really am. That means the criminal types are even more likely to leave me alone, since they KNOW there are easier pickings around!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Your a funny little man..you talk tough...but take your gun away...you would be wimpering like a little school girl for them to take the bad men away. As I have stated before ...I have been trained in martial arts since I was six...I am now 27..so yes I can take care of myself. I have had punks come up on me attempting to either rob me or beat me...at least three times in my life. I have defended myself and did not feel the need to run and grab a weapon to defend myself...I stood my ground. I have also been held up at gun point...I never gave nothing up...I would rather have died than to have given that coward the satisfaction of thinking I was afraid ..lucky for me he was all talk.

So yeah a man who thinks the only way to defend his family is weapon..is a coward in my eyes....Let's hope this family is never without a weapon....watching thier father/husband curl up on the ground...due to fear....would be a sad sight. All you people who would end someones life for property are disgusting and are just as worse as the cops you bash or the government you cry about.

Would I have fought these guys if they had molotovs...depends on where i was situated. In the end I would say no.....I could always get another house....and if I had a family...they would be out and safe. Property is not worth my life or theirs.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
God! Let the man go! I'm sure the man worked hard to get a home. And now strangers want to get his stuff! That's not nice. How about turning up the speakers with the sounds of shooting? Would that make the attackers flee? I think not! Soon people will let any authority trespass on their property without warrant and without suspicion.
---
Oops. Gee. I just viewed the video. The place is a slight mess and not quite "feng shui" compliant. Maybe the guys are helping him clean up. It's a sign to do something better with the property, I guess. (Humor).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86

Why shoot to kill? Maybe it's your way of saying you care for your family. At least you should rather shoot for the legs than to kill, don't you think. You're not gonna be with your family in prison.

Lots of reasons that shooting to kill is preferable.

1) You don't have to look over your shoulder the rest of your days to see if they're coming back for you, as payback for that bullet in the leg.

2) Their next victim might not be armed, and he and his entire family may die for that. When they do, YOU have enabled it, when you could have stopped it cold.

3) I used to train cops. One batch was running through the Academy for their annual "In Service" training - that means these guys were veteran cops, and were back for their yearly updates. One day during a break, I asked one of them would he shoot to kill, or shoot to wound. His response has stuck with me to this day. He said "It's not prudent to answer that question one way or the other in an academic setting, when the pressure isn't actually on, but I'll say this - dead men tell no tales."

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by nenothtu

Your a funny little man..

Ain't I, though?

you talk tough...but take your gun away...you would be wimpering like a little school girl for them to take the bad men away.

Maybe. I can think of one sure way to find out...

As I have stated before ...I have been trained in martial arts since I was six...I am now 27..so yes I can take care of myself.

Uh huh. Another ballerina.

I have had punks come up on me attempting to either rob me or beat me...at least three times in my life. I have defended myself and did not feel the need to run and grab a weapon to defend myself...I stood my ground.

Your first mistake was letting them get up on you to begin with. You say that's happened 3 time now, huh?

I have also been held up at gun point...I never gave nothing up...I would rather have died than to have given that coward the satisfaction of thinking I was afraid ..lucky for me he was all talk.

Now who's the funny little man talking all tough? You're right about being lucky, though. Maybe he was another ballerina? Maybe he's lucky that he didn't have to endure a ballet lesson, eh?

So yeah a man who thinks the only way to defend his family is weapon..is a coward in my eyes....

More "tough talk"...

Let's hope this family is never without a weapon....watching thier father/husband curl up on the ground...due to fear....would be a sad sight.

Yeah,it would - about like watch him engage in a dancing match. This family isn't EVER disarmed. Not even when I'm naked in the shower. You ain't the only dancing master in town. Difference is, I know when dancing will work, and when it won't. You evidently haven't been far enough around the block to figure that out.

All you people who would end someones life for property are disgusting and are just as worse as the cops you bash or the government you cry about.

You ain't the first person to tell me I disgust them. Meh. Got a hanky? I think I'm fixing to get all teary-eyed over it.

Would I have fought these guys if they had molotovs...depends on where i was situated. In the end I would say no.....I could always get another house....and if I had a family...they would be out and safe. Property is not worth my life or theirs.

Their life ain't worth spit once they start trying to burn someone out. Neither is the life of any "man" that would let them get away with it. That "man" will always wonder if he'll ever be adequate.

Then he's got to brag about how well he can dance, to hide that gnawing insecurity.

edit on 2011/1/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

It's all to do with Karma.
This is what happens people, if you shoot at your
neighbors chickens. LOL
If people were more civilized,
things as this wouldn't happen in the first place !
I don't feel any sympathy for him,
what goes around comes around. karma is more dangerous
as a weapon than any gun.
maybe the neighbor should have used a rocket launcher
to protect his livestock ? Lol
where does it all end ?

Like has common courtesy been forgotten ?
I've lost all hope in the human race to utilize
social intelligence.
The species we know as man has gone mental.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is one of the reason I like living in Texas. If someone is on my property threatening my life/property it is within the law to shoot the fool.

"On March 27, 2007, Governor Rick Perry signed Senate Bill 378 into law, making Texas a "Castle Doctrine" state which came into effect September 1, 2007.[286] Residents lawfully occupying a dwelling may shoot a person who "unlawfully, and with force, enters or attempts to enter the dwelling", or who removes or attempts to remove someone from that dwelling, or who commits or attempts to commit a "qualifying" felony such as burglary, arson, rape, aggravated assault, robbery or murder. In addition, a shooter who has a legal right to be wherever he/she is at the time of a defensive shooting has no "duty to retreat" before being justified in shooting; the "trier of fact" may not consider whether the person retreated when deciding whether the person was justified in shooting."

source

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98killing another human over destruction of property, makes the homeowner WORSE than the criminal.

destruction of property = DEATH OF A HUMAN?

Originally posted by EchtelionNobody is allowed to shoot and KILL people out of simple matters of shoplifting, destruction of property or stealing stupid ATVs... This is murder. This is using petty crimes (and shoplifting's not even a crime!) to defend even more terrible crimes.

No, it makes the homeowner not lose his property or have to replace it or fill out those pesky forms – all your “human rights” leave the building when they infringe upon mine. The only right you have on my farm once you commit a crime is to die… There will be only one side to the story – mine; as the perpetrators will be dead so when I say I felt threatened guess they have to take my word for it.

Also, it very much depends on where you life; don’t confuse some warped sense of morality for the law.

Here in Missouri, I do indeed have the right to use force to protect my property. I do not have to retreat and call the police and I can approach you and detain you by force if necessary if you are a thief or vandal on my property.

I can shoot you dead without question if you are in the commission of a felony – like arson in this case, even if that arson is against my neighbors or a stranger for that matter.

Like the one dude said stealing an ATV; here we can shoot you dead for carjacking if we are on it at the time and if not and you chose to drive it at me… you guessed it a threat - bang!

Further, should I not retreat and instead approach you and demand you put your hands in the air to wait while I call the police should you make any threatening move I can shoot your ass dead and I have immunity from any prosecution. If you make any threatening move – I say that’s reach for anything, turn around or whatever I don’t have to prove a thing as there will not even be a trial.

Crime is a risky business…especially around where I live. We rarely have crime at all; mostly cattle theft and that takes place so far from a home no one even knows until three days later when you get a headcount.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by jerryk42

Dude you commented and said, "here in canada we dont need guns we bash them with our fists." something along those lines, I'm not going to look as its a waste of time. We are obviously misunderstanding each other. So I'm going to end this before you confuse the hell out of me. Enjoy Canada.

Dude - why are you replying to me and calling me inflamatory names - I did not say this. As I said in my previous reply your reading comprehension is seriously lacking

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Yes but your right doesn't negate the other peoples right to life, my point being, we don't see the shooting, we don't see how that went down, as charges have been laid, i suspect he was blinding firing as he came out side, putting anyone within range at risk.

A dude firebombs your house, you come out firing and clip your neighbors kid, guess who's up for manslaughter at least? YOU

I cannot disagree at all. Its part of being a responsible human being. See with freedom comes responsibility and accountability. When you don't have the nanny masters you have to take matters in your own hands as well as be responsible for your actions.

I doubt the guy was "blind firing".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by jerryk42

I just want to clarify real quick.

My point: Men in masks are attacking my home, family, and animals with fire bombs. I don't care if I'm in Canada, US, or Timbuktu. I will shoot to kill, not wound or warn. I'm not going to wait for my house to burn down while the cops come. I will not wait for them to physically attack me, if you are trespassing with intent to steal, harm, or stalk... You will be dealt with if deemed fit. These did not look like friendly neighborhood kids having fun. Get my point? What would you do? Stand there? hide? ask to leave?

if your not going to wait then, hows it going to feel waiting in prison or jail, while your attackers are free?

you call the police, no stupid animal, or piece of property is worth a human life despite how much of a scumbag these guys are.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
I would shoot to kill. I would rather face life in prison...

I quote myself: I would encourage to act by sense and not suverenely by emotion.

Sir, I highly doubt your claims to have served as a MP. No one I have trained with, or met that has professional training, ever advises to shoot for the legs. Legs are small targets that move quickly and with little warning. They are easy to miss, which endangers others. Even if you do hit a leg there is no promise it will hit a bone and cause a cripling wound. If you think it is less lethal you are wrong. There are arteries in the legs. If you hit one the person has less than five minutes to live.

If you do not wish to take the chance of killing some one do not fire a gun at a person. Any bullet has the chance to kill when it hits the human body.
edit on 26-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The only lives he was endangering with his WARNING shots was the ones with the Molotovs, his pets and woodland creatures.
He shot in the air, in the boonies- the middle of no where.
He would of have done the same thing if he encountered a bear or a lynx on his property.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join