It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia’s first crop circles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e125628e084b.jpg[/atsimg]

Found in a rice field in a hamlet of Sleman, Yogyakarta, the crop circle consists of triangles and circles with a diameter of about 70 meters. While some observes say the shapes are manmade, local scientists and government officials are struggling for a concrete explanation, leaving UFO enthusiasts murmuring of extraterrestrials.

Others noted the pattern's unique symbology. "This particular crop circle is fascinating because of its striking resemblance to the muladhara chakra -- one of the basic chakras in Tantric Hinduism," Perdana told local news agency kompas.com.

I'd always wondered why they seemed to be prevalent in only a few sections of the world.

Now wither Hoaxers or genuine crop circles are going global.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They usually happen where people think/talk believe about/in them. They now have the internet and stuff and can read what fun things to do on a rainy sunday afternoon :p

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I still don't understand how any hoaxers could do some of these crop circles with such accuracy overnight. Especially the ones that have significant changes that cannot be done by man. Yet, we're positive its just man. Yea right.

Sure, some are hoaxes, but from every hoax comes an event or sighting that took place which then created the hoax, or hoaxers.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This picture looks like another one that was posted before, in a thread about cropcircle in Great Britain recently.

Considering the cropcirle itslef, the debate is still the same and I think the statements will be the same from sceptics (ie : it can be man-made using basic mathematics and the whole chakra story points out a human (and Idonesian) design).
edit on 24-1-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My thoughts are that they were probably done by a few Northern Englishmen on holiday. I bet there's a pub close by that they staggered out of drunk shortly before this huge crop circle was noticed

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Airforce commander says its off worldly

Indonesian Air Force chief Marshall Imam Sufaat on Monday instructed his staff to use a helicopter to take aerial photographs of crop circles discovered on Sunday in Krasakan hamlet, Sleman, with residents alleging them to be traces of a UFO. "If we examine the photographs, we will possibility see if the patterns were in fact created with powers beyond human knowledge," Imam said as quoted by tempointeraktif.com, on the sidelines of the Air Force commander meeting in Yogyakarta.

a decent translation off this site would be nice too...

Link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoochieboochies
My thoughts are that they were probably done by a few Northern Englishmen on holiday. I bet there's a pub close by that they staggered out of drunk shortly before this huge crop circle was noticed

I hope you are joking. If you are, then funny, but if not then it is in the top ten most ignorant statements made. Crop Circles that are genuine have to require some really good technology. Some of them are simply to complex to be made with boards. If you think that all Crop Circles are a hoax then you need to re-evaluate the phenomenon and do a lot more research. They are being made by things that are out of this world IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yep, thats definitely a crap circle.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Crop circles....lol. A few buddies and I figured they would turning up in other countries that don't have them as the internet became more and more prolific YEARS ago....(and yes, some of these buddies are folks you would sell your left arm to have lunch with)

Lemme see....internet...nothing to to on a Saturday night....let make a sloppy crap circle and set the internet ablaze!!!

Crop circles are a joke, as is those that give them the benefit of a doubt. It you can't understand why I say that, you have not looked into them in a manner that disregards your ignorant belief in the improbable. Plain and simple. Sorry, don't kill the messenger.

But, I will give you this. Reality is WAY more boring than the internet....so don't let that stand in the way of running to the nearest internet board and displaying your lifelong hunt of ignorance!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Hmm... it didn't look sloppy to me.
Seems like you are the one being ignorant and Ignoring the Facts.
HAHA ...your name speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Neat work, but I have to tell you that I believe there sits a fat man with a doughnut who did not get enough play time with his Etch a Sketch when he was little. Now that he is older with more expensive toys, he has added mind games to his jollies. The technology for making crop circles is old, so what we need to figure out is why does this geek get to play with expensive toys? Hope you choke on the doughnut, glutton.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WarmSun

The statements that you and others make are pretty much useless.
What have you brought to this thread besides some stupid statement that really doesn't make sense and really doesn't have to do with anything. Go do some research because it's clear you have done none on this topic. No one wants to spoon feed you people evidence.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
im gonna go ahead and say this one is legit. yesterday i was inextricably drawn to look at all of the crop circles from the 2010 season. coincidence, no. synchronicity, yes.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Need a plan view to get full mesaage.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
...so don't let that stand in the way of running to the nearest internet board and displaying your lifelong hunt of ignorance!!!!!!

Lifelong hunt of ignorance? Hardly.

I can't say, without a doubt, what causes the things. Nor do I make any claim as to how they are made. However, I am interested in them as are other people, so I brought it to the attention of the board.

I'd like to ask you though. Can you prove that all crop circles are manmade rather than occurring due to some sort of phenomenon?

Because if you cannot, it seems that you are one "running to the nearest internet board and displaying your lifelong hunt of ignorance!" (Took away four of the exclamation points...seemed a little overkill)

No need to be angry bro.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

The funny thing is you have no idea what the sarcasm my user name actually reflects. I get a little tickle when I here someone like you think otherwise.

Crap circles are just that. Crap. Sorry. No matter how much you want to turn your brain off and believe in the LEAST POSSIBLE CONCLUSIONS.....it doesn't amount to a hill of beans in boring reality. And I will give you that, reality can be really boring in these times of instant access to pretty much anything. It allows the uneducated and those without the ability to use logic, reason and common sense to believe in pretty much anything....crap circles included.

Seriously look into them. I mean SERIOUSLY. If you come back with anything that will shut me up I will eat my hat (and your socks)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Originally posted by snoochieboochies

I hope you are joking. If you are, then funny, but if not then it is in the top ten most ignorant statements made. Crop Circles that are genuine have to require some really good technology. Some of them are simply to complex to be made with boards. If you think that all Crop Circles are a hoax then you need to re-evaluate the phenomenon and do a lot more research. They are being made by things that are out of this world IMO.

Yes i am joking, but no, i don't ascribe to crop circles personally lol. Each to their own i say but add me to your top ten of ignorant statements if you want to.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I have SERIOUSLY looked into them. YOU are the one that needs to SERIOUSLY look into them. If you have done that and still have your same conclusion then your sense of "logic" is completely flawed. Otherwise your logic would have told you that there is something more to these Crop Circles.
And NO I will not spoon feed you evidence. It's clear you have NOT done research since you are asking for something to shut you up. If you fully looked into it you wouldn't be asking these questions.

Also, if you continue to use pitiful psychological tactics such as name calling or "Crap Circles" then you are obviously a Troll who should be ignored.
edit on 24-1-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Crop circles....lol. A few buddies and I figured they would turning up in other countries that don't have them as the internet became more and more prolific YEARS ago....(and yes, some of these buddies are folks you would sell your left arm to have lunch with)

Lemme see....internet...nothing to to on a Saturday night....let make a sloppy crap circle and set the internet ablaze!!!

Crop circles are a joke, as is those that give them the benefit of a doubt. It you can't understand why I say that, you have not looked into them in a manner that disregards your ignorant belief in the improbable. Plain and simple. Sorry, don't kill the messenger.

But, I will give you this. Reality is WAY more boring than the internet....so don't let that stand in the way of running to the nearest internet board and displaying your lifelong hunt of ignorance!!!!!!

and you would know a whole lot about "ignorance",
as you display yours here everyday.

You are the joke.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Hey, don't kill the messenger. You should instead be aggravated with the levels of ignorance that allows your belief system to be viewed in the manner that those of us with logic, reason and common sense view you as.

I am sorry you probably do not understand how and why I say this...but that's not my fault....it;a yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join