It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock of Ages (stage show, Broadway)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The wife and I saw this over the weekend (twice, I'll explain)...and it was PHENOMENAL.

I have to say, that hands down, it was the best stage show I've ever seen, and I'm not one that's big into these things.

www.rockofagesmusical.com...

Basically, it's a boy meets girl musical set in the 80's, featuring lots of 80's music, and lots of lingerie-clad gals in almost every scene. It's set in the Sunset Strip, where an aspiring small town girl actress and a boy with rock'n'roll dreams meet, etc. A German businessman wants to revamp the strip, as the villain in the story.

Great characters, and a lot of talent. The frontman is Constantine (of American Idol fame), and I have to say, this guy's got a lot of talent, and really impressed me. Great cast of characters though.

Lots of comedy, hot babes, great music, and just a lot of fun.

I bought tickets to Friday's show as a Christmas present for my wife a few weeks back. We saw it then, and she loved it so much, she wanted to go again (saying it could be her Anniversary present). So, taking the easy out, we went ahead and got tickets for Sunday's show too (which was awesome, as even better seats, just 5 seats from the stage). Also, we went in full 80's garb on Sunday, her with the neon and acid wash, and me rockin' the skinny tie (yep, I still actually had one) prep look, LOL....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

"and lots of lingerie-clad gals in almost every scene"

i was sold here .

I hope it comes into my town i never been to a musical cause of financial issues but i would defintily chek this out if i can , Thanks man !

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Yep, the wanna be actress got fired from the club, and then went to work at a strip joint. But even before that (and after), hot gals in skimpy (but still 80's) outfits are in every scene. Probably some pics on the site I linked to. The comedy of the show though, was just fun...really enjoyable.

Of course, for the gals, Constantine is remembered as one of the "cuter" Idol finalists, but of course, for me, his ability to mimic the vocal stylings of 80's greats was pretty damn impressive. From hair bands to Journey, he was right there.

Usually, even concerts aren't my thing....the wife likes them, so I go, and occasionally have a good time, but this is something even I'd want to see again (and did, I guess...so)....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
great show. I saw an ad for it when it was first playing off broadway, scored tickets and was refunded my money when it moved to broadway. repurchased tix after that and had a blast. the whole concept of being in a bar while the action unfolds around you makes it less theater like.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

They are actually making a movie of this, with Tom Cruise as the rocker Stacie Jaxx...and Alec Baldwin as the club owner, Dennis. Lots of other rumored actors, like Russell Brand, Taylor Swift, Anne Hathaway, Gwenneth Paltrow, etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I saw that. It will, probably, suck. The show itself is fair, at best. It's the scene that makes the show. It's a party, the audience singing along, drinks being passed around and whatnot. Seeing it in a theater will take the fun out of it.

top topics

join