It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING - New Air Force commercial - what does it mean?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Science fiction is becoming science fact at a faster and faster rate thanks to the scientific and technological 'revolution'. It may take some time, but what was depicted in that ad may become reality, and since we don't know where the money is going in the 'black projects', its almost a certainty. Heres something of interest. Recently, it was announced on CNN and other news outlets that there might be a 'superstorm' in the very near future to hit the western US. Coincidence? Also read that the Russians believe that the bombing in the Moscow airport is related to a video game!

"...sections of the Russian media have linked Monday’s terrorist attack at Domodedovo airport in Moscow to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The 2009 shooter famously featured a stage in which the player could gun down civilians in a Russian airport. The ‘No Russian’ level (video below) wasn’t the smartest thing Infinity Ward ever did with the Call of Duty franchise, but to idly pin the blame on a videogame is yet another example of lazy mainstream journalism where games are concerned.

Russia Today, a government-financed satellite channel, has featured a report that combines footage of the Domodedovo attack with scenes from Modern Warfare 2. According to the New York Times, the report was keen to emphasize that the game was developed by Americans, and included an interview with Fox News favourite and so-called terrorist expert Walid Phares. Here are his pearls of wisdom:

“I think those who have been radicalized already — let’s suppose in this case jihadists, Al Qaeda or [some] other kind — they look at the games and say these games will serve them to train.”

LINK--www.inquisitr.com...

VERY INTERESTING!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I thought it was rather interesting that only 2 people were rescued...both females. What happened to everyone else? There were how many planes....and all that drama...for 2 people.....my goodness. Lucky them, i suppose. Anyhoot....i didn't think the airforce was used for that purpose. I always thought they just dropped bombs, where ever they so choose. Strange times we live in....strange times!
edit on 25-1-2011 by jamiejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Ft Sill, Oklahoma....so...you must be 13Bravo? I was there back in '87...did my basic training and AIT there. Sure did bring back memories, you mentioning FT Sill. I'll never forget ordering dominoes pizza...during basic. I think there was something wrong with my graduating class. The things we did...while Drill Sergeant was gone!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ok so that is what the defense budget is for....

creating ways to save to people when disater strikes...

Wait a mintue when disaster strikes other parts of the world its usually "US" doing it...

so im guessing when this technology is actually created and implemented it will only be used
on the home front... if those were American'T citizens why weren't they being frisked by TSA
before they got on a domestic Medivac flight... Ah it truely is science fiction...

nuff said~ I think that comercial alone should be in SKUNK WORKS...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
to those scoffing at the thought that this could be an American city...

our infrastructure is crumbling. this could easily be a US city. I mean wasnt it a few years ago when we had a major bridge collapse? this is not implausible people.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I try not to read too much into anything but has anyone heard of the ready.gov campaign adds? Spooky to say the least. No music, just catastophe happening in the background. Then a woman speaking in a serious tone and asks, what would you do in a disaster? what would you do if you were seperated from your children? That dern radio add stopped me in my tracks. Check it our online if you want to see/hear some crazy stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

If these could have existed 20 years ago they would have been banned.
These are allowed today because it fits in with governments strategy of desensitising the population ready for the Military.
There are a lot Game Junkies around the World that can't get enough, there's only one thing bigger and that's what the Ad's are pandering to. The only difference is if you die in a game you can just re-spawn.

Ironically, There were Rat Bastasrds in Congress that agreed to send troops to fight the Fake War on Terror, did everything possible to avoid joining the Military themselves in their day.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

I like being desensitized to violence. I am ready and able to act on an instant to stop a bully, thief, etc etc. It makes me more responsive.

Also, in some games, if you die, the game ends there. They don't even let you play your character in the next game. You have to start all over again. And by the time you get back, you are a totally different person with different choices and personalities. The old you really did die.

I don't see a reason to ban them. They are fun. And I can tell it's wrong to do that stuff in real life. It's kind of obvious. That fine line between barbarian and civilized is fun to walk on. While it is good to be civilized, the barbarian within must be used sometimes to rid yourself of an aggressor. In grade school I kicked bullies in the balls, or rated on them. The hell did I care about "school yard code". I got to watch a bad man suffer for his crimes. And then, if the time arose, show him the proper civilized way to behave. The child either learned and stopped or didn't, and failed. One such failure I met in a restaurant sweeping the floor a year ago. Funny. Last thing I said to him was that 10 years later I'd met him and I'd be great and he'd be a janitor because of who he is and what he did. I was right. And we both knew it. And we both respected each other, accepting the fact that one was the wise.

Off topic? Maybe. I learned such school yard logic and morals from video games. And it's a good code to live by.

To quote a video game reviewer: maybe the fact that the government doesn't rush in screaming controversy is a sign of the times. I'ts a sign no one gives a crap anymore about who died by who's hand.

Maybe that's a good thing, I think.

Have a laugh. Lots of swearing though. But I think it's pretty true:

www.escapistmagazine.com...
edit on 25-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think that it means that the "gamer generation" is finally old enough to not only make commercials for the AF but old enough to make the decision on what goes into those commercials.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

What does the russian bombing have to do with the commercial? I do agree with you that we will obtain this tech in the future, It's only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My thought is they're trying to capitalize on the upcoming movie, Battle: Los Angeles 2011.

My second though it., that CGI looks straight out of network television. C'mon, guys, it's not 1996 anymore!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Truthfully, I stopped seeing much of a difference after 2005. But I can tell when a person is animated.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I find it really interesting that the plane they are transporting the injured in can transform. Perhaps hinting at secret black ops technologies in development?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphaprimez1

It's actually public knowledge that the US military has been developing VTOL devices since the 60s or something. We have a few prototypes, but it's going to take a while to get the technology right.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I like being desensitized to violence. I am ready and able to act on an instant to stop a bully, thief, etc etc. It makes me more responsive.

Also, in some games, if you die, the game ends there. They don't even let you play your character in the next game. You have to start all over again. And by the time you get back, you are a totally different person with different choices and personalities. The old you really did die.

I don't see a reason to ban them. They are fun. And I can tell it's wrong to do that stuff in real life. It's kind of obvious. That fine line between barbarian and civilized is fun to walk on. While it is good to be civilized, the barbarian within must be used sometimes to rid yourself of an aggressor. In grade school I kicked bullies in the balls, or rated on them. The hell did I care about "school yard code". I got to watch a bad man suffer for his crimes. And then, if the time arose, show him the proper civilized way to behave. The child either learned and stopped or didn't, and failed. One such failure I met in a restaurant sweeping the floor a year ago. Funny. Last thing I said to him was that 10 years later I'd met him and I'd be great and he'd be a janitor because of who he is and what he did. I was right. And we both knew it. And we both respected each other, accepting the fact that one was the wise.

Off topic? Maybe. I learned such school yard logic and morals from video games. And it's a good code to live by.

To quote a video game reviewer: maybe the fact that the government doesn't rush in screaming controversy is a sign of the times. I'ts a sign no one gives a crap anymore about who died by who's hand.

Maybe that's a good thing, I think.

Have a laugh. Lots of swearing though. But I think it's pretty true:

www.escapistmagazine.com...
edit on 25-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

I don't know if these games are good or bad for a society, all I know is the Military Ad's in Oz and the US are gearing more to look like a gaming adventure. And it's that, I have a real problem with, and Wars are certainly not Fun or an Adventure.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It's a denial of service error in the brain. We all know what we are getting into when we join the army. Some of us just choose to laugh at our lot. Also I would call the air force and navy an adventure and pretty safe. You're not likely to see an enemy in your life.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's right out of the first Starship Troopers movie, only without the bugs. AND, it's set in what looks like a modern American city. Notice the almost Nazi-like uniforms of the personnel in the first half of the commerical, before the flight crew uniforms dominate in the latter.

The message is clear: American cities will come under DEVASTATION from some unknown source, whether it be terrorist attack or natural disaster or COSMIC DISASTER (like an asteroid/comet impact, the return of Planet X (aka Nibiru, Wormwood, etc.)). This commercial is Starship Troopers meets the movie 2012.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

What does uniforms have to do with anything? I think the Nazi army typology is an excellent basis. America DID adopt it's technology and form. That does not make them Nazis. The Nazis breathed, shat, and eat like all of us. Doesn't mean we are Nazis when we do those things. Bad people and good people do a lot of similar things. Those things, however, if the same, clearly does not constitute a evil-good context.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

They couldnt just sit back and let,call of duty do its job?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You say wars are not for fun and adventure,but you have to keep the poor recruits in mind,without the service they would never get to leave their city.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join