It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING - New Air Force commercial - what does it mean?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This ad is probably just trying to cater to how the young (gamers, & entitlement Gen) people think today. In order for the USAF to recruit, of course, some kids. Don't take it too serious though. I've been preparing my 2 boys on the survival skills needed to take care of themselves right here in our country, and not joining the government "programs". And yes, I am a military veteran that never got a thank you from the federal government. To all you veterans: Thanks, and Welcome Home.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincentBlue24
This is ironic. I have seen this a few times on TV, but last night I saw it and said wtf happened to that city? Why would they show that as a scenario? Sure it could happen, but why not a flood or an earthquake? That looked like something exploded by the looks of the debris. Just made me wonder...I'm sure someone just thought it looked cool and went with it. But still...geez....

Yes, how much death and destruction do we NEED in order to have something of value to do as a just and noble pursuit, and on that note, how much murder and mayham do we need to watch on TV and in movies in order to be "entertained"..?

I think it's disgraceful all these projections of evil, as if it's a neccessity, in order to justify the good. Pretty sad and pathetic if you ask me.

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

You must not live in America to think this isnt a real commercial. I live in Chicago and Ive seen this commercial at least 50 times by now on several different cable channels.

Strange, I also live in Chicago and have seen this commercial enough times on tv to really make me question it. Lets hope others around the country are seeing it as much as us or I may be tempted to move to Wisconsin......

*Looks around for bridges*

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am one who tends to agree with these types of claims when it comes to conditioning/brainwashing-- sometimes. Not in this case though. I think that the commercial is derived from the current trend in disaster movies coupled with the fascination with 2012, both are categorized as Science Fiction and are scenarios that scare the crap out of people when they think of it happening to them (myself included). This commercial is using something familiar to almost everybody and then makes them have a realization that, as we watch this movies where there is madness and mayhem going on, if the situation were real, the Airforce Medics would be there to give some hope.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Its not science fiction?

Let me see some of those aircraft that can transform like that...lol

and yes, I think OP is reading too much into it, and even if that is not the case, little anyone can do about it (and as it is, if you are a member of this site, I would assume you have a prep kit repaired in any case)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have been following this subject and this is what I wish to add. I used to be in the Air Force and I was on the AeroMedevac Team. I believe they are referring to a certain part of training that completely blew us away and changed our perceptions forever.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
after seeing the video the OP posted

and i remember this video !

and the Video is about the Air Force Acting like an Nation Disaster Relief ( FEMA ) ?
and it shows something that has been seriously Tragic Event ! as the Video shows Transformer plane Flying in to the city with a Huge Lighting Storm in the background ! Debris from Explosions & Quakes that you would of seen in the recent 2012 movie ..

Emergency Preparedness - World Upside Down 60 (from Fema)

and yea i did see the Foo Fighter Orb hmm Interesting ! what the hell does that Mean! ?

Battle: Los Angeles Trailer HD 1080p

Yeah BE Prepared All right ...

edit on 25-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Close up of Fast Moving UFO - 9/11 WTC

well there alot of UFO sightings 911

so is the OP video on this thread Accurate showing the Probe Orb (UFO Foo Fighter) ?
edit on 25-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: add 911 ufo recorded on a DVR showing in Slow mo

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I do not find this video odd at all. I find it stupid and unrealistic, The Air Force is simply trying to make it seem like as soon as you join you'll get a nifty job as a pilot or special ops. Being in the Air Force I know that this is FAR from true. Most people who join will end up as Security forces there will also be a lot of people who will be sent to a medical position (like myself). However, it will probably being optometry, dentistry, nutrition (my job). There will be a bunch who are sent to school to become med techs, but they are treated worse than CNA's. Hell CNA's boss med techs around. Also, many of the awesome jobs they show in any of the military commercials are for officers and to be an officer in the Air Force you have to have at least a Bachelors. Point being, the commercials are made to entice and trick unknowing young people into joining, not some prophecy (or super secret) shown via commercial.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

edit on 1/25/2011 by Missing Blue Sky because: made mistake

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Nothing wrong with this in fact it is purely bad ass!
I loved the semi futuristic vibe of the equipment and city.

It's showing they are prepared for future catastrophes and also showing off (in CGI form) of the prototypes and designs that have been inspired by science fiction and are now in testing.
It's a view of the world in the next 15 years, it is also propaganda saying to kids who love COD.
"Look at this cool gear kids, we are the world's leaders in technology but what we don't tell you is that it is all inspired by the Nazi's designs, remember kids people with different opinions are evil and those that have un-american values should be ground to dust!"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Actually what made me enlist in the USArmy back in 03 was the movie Black Hawk Down and what happened to the Lynch girl; though her ordeal was just a tiny bit. I was more driven from BHD. I always been toward helping those who were hurt etc and the movie kicked home to me 'if there was just one more combat medic, maybe a life would have been saved'. But not just those in Mog, of course: the movie showed me that medics were needed everywhere in the military.

I enlisted but sadly got injured in bct and had to come home, never able to go back. It destroyed me. I wanted to retire in the military as a medic/surgeon, etc.

So for me, it wasn't a commercial that made me join, but the desire to save lives and help calm injured soldiers. I'd not give a crap what side they were on either. Humans suffering in pain is all I acknowledge; not 'sides'.

but yeah, not ALL military is out to 'kill and destroy'. Some have that mindset, sure. Medics are there to save lives, bring some comfort and reassurance - even if the outlook of surviving is non existent.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"Why does it look like it's straight out of the film; 2012?"

-- It's a COMMERCIAL! Why do the Marine recruiting films have a guy with a flaming sword fighting a dragon made from fire? They are appealing to people who want to be a hero and were raised playing video games. The company making the commercial, is MERELY going after the psyche of the target market -- it's very likely, they have not one clue about future planes of the Air Force.

>> That said, the Air Force has been increasingly proselytized and pushing it's members towards an Evangelical "America Uber Alles" mentality.

>> Really, if you want something "CHILLING" -- then watch those commercials for the CIA that appear on Cartoon Network late at night. Getting people from Soldier of Fortune Magazine and fans of Martial Arts Anime on your spook roster,..

I seriously think we need to just end all our "Secret Services" and gut the military. If you have the same companies building your weapons as the Chinese have -- who exactly is the enemy we are spending Billions to defend ourselves with by making an Air Craft Carrier? The Chinese aren't going to kill me with a stealth bomber -- they want me to buy their cheap plastic toy with lead paint on it.

Join or don't join the Air Farce -- all you are doing is allowing some corporation access to some third world country's resources, while the Chinese are building bridges and schools the way AMERICA USED TO. Are we in a dying empire?

The military is useless, and a bloated parasite -- but at least these people aren't working for a private corporation that sells killers to the highest bidder like Blackwater. Yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I dont see anything bad with this.

No ones rights are being abridged.

No one is being treated badly in any way.

This is some really cool stuff about some really cool folks doing an amazing job.

I'm PROUD to have these guys on our side!

you should also.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
>> Another thing about the Air Force "disaster relief."

The people applying to the military might like to think of themselves as HEROS. Saving people from a disaster is heroic. However, the typical job is flying a sortie to drop some bombs on people -- and sometimes the target is not actually military and there is collateral damage. Not something you'd want to use to recruit people.

So there isn't much "we do this every day" in that commercial. And the future is using a joystick to move a drone aircraft, so you can kill villagers from a thousand miles away, and go home to your family at night. Video Games are perfectly good training for the future military, and if they can find someway to NOT let the kids know there are real people being killed -- all the better.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

maybe they are just using bad taste in parody of a science fiction movie. i mean, their tech/media guys actually arent the best and the brightest.

or they are implying its not science fiction that in the near future some major developed city, much more developed than baghdad, will lay in ruins? wtf? if its not an american city...singapore, then? wtf?

i really think people that are saying the op is reading too much into this need to get the sand out of their eyes. this is an extremely weird scenerio this video is representing... one with no historical parallels. sarajevo is nowhere near the size of the city in the video, and sarajevo looked just like that after the war.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I think some of you are looking a little bit too hard into this.

An Air Force ad showing a disaster struck city and a bunch of planes... Y'know, to me that sounds like what you'd expect from a military ad. It just looks attractive to people, that's what advertising is supposed to do.

Don't be surprised if your favourite cereal has an ad that features people eating cereal. There's no conspiracy here whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm in the US Army and was never influenced by comercials or other media.

I wanted to be able to provide for my wife while I support the other troops one way or the other.

I am sure that for many AIT students going through AIT here in FT Sill I made their lives in AIT a little better, I treated them like human beings rather than the pieces of meat the NCOs like to treat the new soldiers.

Yelling and hollaring at a soldier is not gonna want him to respect you but hate you, as General Schofield said: "Tyranical treatment is more likely to break than made an Army" (and i'm paraphrasing here).

Oh and that aint a C-141 Starlifter, that's a C-17 Globemaster II.

And for those claiming that's not a real USAF comercial...get a grip...it's real, I seen it plenty of times on TV, the Armed Forces recruitment agencies will do just about anything to meet or exceed their recruitment goals.

Being a recruiter is one of the worst jobs in the armed forces, just don't meet your quota and you will at a minimum get a bad counceling statement and probably a bad mark on your NCOER (Non-Commisioned Officer Evaluation Report).

What bothers me even more is the people calling service members MURDERERS! do you think we enjoy killing? just ask a veteran if he enjoyed killing...he might just punch you right in the face...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I can see all those at Gamecon Hi-Fiving everywhere, yeah man like I kicked ass, I killed all those rat bastards. Then seeing this ad, I can do that, I kicked ass at Gamecon, yeah bring it on.

If you think that's an exaggeration, look at all those leaked videos from Iraq and tell me that doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't see anything that is "Chilling". What does it mean? It means: Hey kids!! Join the military and you may soon meet a talking robot!!!! Just like in the movies and in your favorite video game!! Coool!!! Right, kids!!

Many kids and young adults that play the computer games of the first person shooter variety. As well as movies such as Transformers and G.I. Joe and the like helps to make it appealing to young adults and teens.

Advertisements target certain demographics as we all know. That is exactly what I see here. Also, being an ad from the United States Armed Forces its certain to contain propaganda. I think that goes without saying.

I am terrible at getting my thoughts on paper(or screen) so I hope that makes a tiny bit of sense, at least!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Considering video games have gone from "pew pew pew" to...

I'd say most video games these days are accurate war simulators. Some even have one shot one kill, including you, the player.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join