It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING - New Air Force commercial - what does it mean?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
Watched this over and over. Noticed a large lightening storm in the background. Weather 'catastrophe' caused by unusually powerful storm. The city is not in 'ruins'. Only the bridge appears to be damaged. The whole video depicts the USAF and America as the saviors of humanity. They aren't!

There is a large lighting storm, there also appears to be flooding and as another poster mentioned, a bright object in the sky. The clouds are dark and grey and although the buildings themselves are not completely destroyed they have a very distinct ashen dilapidation about them.

The bridge itself, which is the main scene of the commercial is completely destroyed and noticeably we do not see any other military presence outside of the medevac planes which would indicate a natural disaster on an unprecedented scale, I would rule out nuclear Holocaust due to the fact that there wouldn't be anyone left to rescue.

So, is the bright light, swirling clouds and lighting storm supposed to denote an earthquake? Is it supposed to portray a comet or asteroid strike? Is is simply just pulled right from the creative mind from some Hollywood marketing guy with no meaning at all?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

To be honest, all this video says to me is, If I have a medical emergency all you need do is call the Air Force, because "that;s what they do". Imagine that. All along I thought what they did was blast the hell out of Iraqi citizens. Who knew?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

dude it's just a commercial to get people to join the Air Force. It's no big deal

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There is only one purpose for this commercial. To attract young people. The teenage boy that loves gadget and that's been playing video games, the teenage girl that loves adventure and starting to feel maternel and feel babies are soooo cute. That's propaganda at it's best. DId you notice... In and out of the situation no trouble, no fuss, no muss. We didn't even get dirty. Sooo easy and a great adventure all the while helping people out. The reality is you'll be used as chess peices to secure opium fields in the middle east or something like that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
9-11 DISASTER BACKDROP: These images were not put in without thought. The Air Force (military in general) is very particular about what they show. They are a culture steeped in secrecy and *classification.* They employ psychological operations to "guide" public opinions. The background and settings portrayed in the commercial are akin to the DEATH MURALS in the Denver Airport.

This is to slowly get the public used to such images, much like Michael Bay's ARMAGEDDON showed images of New York landmark buildings crashing to the streets (remember the scenes where the Chrysler Building (and others) was demolished? Also around that time was DEEP IMPACT, which also showed cities in disaster scenarios. Also around that time was STARSHIP TROOPERS had a large city get attacked which sent them to war in a place that looked a lot like Afghanistan (of course it was a different planet, but the desert resembled Afghanistan). Within a span of 3 years before 9-11, we were exposed to such images (NYC buildings crashing down) and an idea (being attacked, recruits going to war). That's how these things work. There are more examples, but I won't be tedious and list them all here.

The gist is that from many different sources, a basic message is established. So... be leary when you start seeing similar themes of destruction from different sources, be they comics, TV shows, movies, websites... The tendrils of government psyops are deeper than most people realize.

TRANSFORMING AIRCRAFT NOT SCI-FI: Nanotechnology. Thought interface. New materials such as glass-steel. Wireless drones. Mix this with the latest state-of-the-art concepts... and you have the kind of aircraft depicted in this commercial that clearly states that this is NOT sci-fi anymore. And the kicker is that TRUTH is usually *far stranger* than reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We just don't know. We can speculate and use critical thinking, but in my opinion most of us just don't know. If someone were to have come here and started a thread about The Knowing before the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, they would probably be ridiculed by some, promote thinking outside of the box by others, and some would totally dismiss it as crazy, but as we all should know by now, there was an undeniable correlation with a scene in that movie and the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. So, never totally dismiss anything, no matter how far fetched it sounds, unless you "Know"
edit on 25-1-2011 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
9-11 DISASTER BACKDROP: These images were not put in without thought. The Air Force (military in general) is very particular about what they show. They are a culture steeped in secrecy and *classification.* They employ psychological operations to "guide" public opinions. The background and settings portrayed in the commercial are akin to the DEATH MURALS in the Denver Airport.

This is to slowly get the public used to such images, much like Michael Bay's ARMAGEDDON showed images of New York landmark buildings crashing to the streets (remember the scenes where the Chrysler Building (and others) was demolished? Also around that time was DEEP IMPACT, which also showed cities in disaster scenarios. Also around that time was STARSHIP TROOPERS had a large city get attacked which sent them to war in a place that looked a lot like Afghanistan (of course it was a different planet, but the desert resembled Afghanistan). Within a span of 3 years before 9-11, we were exposed to such images (NYC buildings crashing down) and an idea (being attacked, recruits going to war). That's how these things work. There are more examples, but I won't be tedious and list them all here.

The gist is that from many different sources, a basic message is established. So... be leary when you start seeing similar themes of destruction from different sources, be they comics, TV shows, movies, websites... The tendrils of government psyops are deeper than most people realize.

TRANSFORMING AIRCRAFT NOT SCI-FI: Nanotechnology. Thought interface. New materials such as glass-steel. Wireless drones. Mix this with the latest state-of-the-art concepts... and you have the kind of aircraft depicted in this commercial that clearly states that this is NOT sci-fi anymore. And the kicker is that TRUTH is usually *far stranger* than reality.

Good insight, I'm very familiar with the pre-salting of images and ideas that you speak of. I have always been interested in the very real possibility that this has and is still happening as some sort of desensitization of the public to near future events, funny thing is, you can never be sure until the events actually happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I too have often wondered about the military commercials of the day, and their true meanings.

After much dialog between myself and my military brethren, I have come to conclusion that what you see is nothing more than an attempt by the military to grab the viewers attention, then cause the viewer to sit in awe long after the scene has ended, pondering what really just took place. This is nothing more than good marketing on their part, the desire of the USAF is to pique the interest of young people who think the military sounds monotonous, and cause new perceptions to form. People who are easily influenced may consider looking into the Air Force because now it looks "exciting."

If they show a bunch of guys doing grunt work, saluting their superiors, waking up early, and missing their friends and families they wouldnt have the enlistment rate they currently possess.

If they make it look like an action movie, with "transformers," and scenes straight out 2012, people get excited and talk about it on conspiracy forums, which in turn, causes more interest and discussion about the commercial.

To the USAF recruitment division I say....Mission Accomplished.

edit on 25-1-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skateb0arder

Dude you need to wake up to reality. joining the armed forces does not make you a murderer any more than becoming an IT professional makes you a H@ck3r....

Jaden

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well if you want the young to sign up you have to offer them a dream not a nightmare.

Truth is, showing them returning home in a box or with both legs missing or out of their mind doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Dramatizing is one thing, showing apocalyptic type scenery involving a major modern city which involves complete destruction is suspect at best when it comes from Uncle Sam.

As a person that has worked in the advertising industry, I can tell you the concept (including the new setting outside of a warzone) would have come from the advertising agency & presented to the advertising dept of the Air Force along with a few others. The Air Force would then have picked the one they liked the most, for what ever reason. The agency then goes ahead on production of said concept.

So its core idea came from a bunch of guys sitting around a table in the creative room of an advertising agency, who all wanted to do something cool because a lot of em are failed film-makers & the US Air Force has the service to sell & the budget to enable them to do that. Not a conspiracy from the Air Force itself.

Nothing to see here.

edit to add: If you also take into account their target demographic (young males, mostly) then look at the commercial again, its got all the elements; cool gadgets, dramatic music & setting, being a hero while risking your life (bridge falling behind you) - it's really a no-brainer.

And no with no risk of being shot at, which of course is the negative aspect. Hence, its not in a warzone.

It's just a commercial.
edit on 25-1-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Its a very clever commercial.

At the start it looks like a futuristic city, they make it look like a movie, with the cgi DELIBARATLY done.

It then goes on to say "this isnt science fiction"

They take away the effects, and drop the viewer into the real world.

Which means that your not watching a movie, this is what the airforce do everyday around the world, it doesnt just happen in the movies.

If you get what i mean. Its hard to explain

edit on 25-1-2011 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

How about an EMP, or some other type of directed energy electromagnetic 'weapon'. Aren't we in a perpetual war? Weather as a 'weapon' in the 21st century? Electricity is out in the video, isn't it? Disintegration beam causes bridge to fall apart, much like the 2 towers did? Nah, just science fiction you say? Yeah, right.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this commercial a little while back. I found it quite odd myself the background in complete ruins,
and the air force? helping people? Where were they during Katrina?
Seriously though, that city being in ruins was quite an interesting picture to me, not to mention the crazy planes they were using.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

You must not live in America to think this isnt a real commercial. I live in Chicago and Ive seen this commercial at least 50 times by now on several different cable channels.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

edit on 1/25/2011 by FoJAk because: no need

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

How you should read this commercial:

American society is obsessed with the image of cool. Marketing is intended to target an image, imbuing a given product or service with mythical qualities and meaning. Thereby, the consumer purchases the product or uses the service to attain, at least vicariously, the same mythical empowerment.

The Air Force commercial is propaganda. Propaganda is advertising. In English, we limit propaganda to fascistic or military jingoism, but in reality, billboards, commercials, and any form of "guerrilla marketing" is really propaganda as well.

This commercial seeks to piggy-back on the heroic imagery of science fiction and adventure films. It fetishizes some futuristic heroism, ignoring the blunt realities (as do the films themselves, where collateral damage [i.e., unjustified murder] is rarely a focus).

As with any other commercial by the armed forces, government contractors, or any other major international company that really offers no true service or product to the viewership of the commercial, except in the most tangential or abstract way, it is pure illusion, pure mind#ery, if I may be so bluntly creative with my terminology.

Do you plan on buying anything by Lockheed Martin or Boeing anytime soon, even though you watched their commercial on MSNBComcastFOX [sic]?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hummmmmm.. nothing come from nothing... vision come from a idea that come with the mechanism of the system...

Action reaction....

So be prepare.....

no joke

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
you guys are next.. firt it was propaganda in other country and now the country is at war with himself.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Because there is more Science fact as you ever can imagine there is! Watch this and you know there's more were this came from!

or this?

Trophy...?

Some say that the six day war in Israel ended because of this system . That the Israeli's had a long time ago.
Six day 'War
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join