It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING - New Air Force commercial - what does it mean?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The commercial simply used the " theatrics " to achieve young innocent and naive " kids " to come and join. What better way to sign kids on the dotted line, by using " transformerish " type sci-fi, to get their attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
OP your reading far to much into this, it's simply just an advert that appeals
to a generation of gamers who view the world they see through there computer
generated reality they have become used too.
it depicts a possible future where anything is possible not some prophetic nightmare.

As much as i would love to talk hidden meanings i don't see any here.sorry.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

Wow, that is so true of a statement, the answer is probably billions upon billions and I doubt that 99% of the population would ever benefit from it in an actual cataclysmic event.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It "morphed" into a C-141. Bridging what was sci-fi into what is actually happening today.
But I'm ret.-Air Force, what do I know.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The commercial simply used the " theatrics " to achieve young innocent and naive " kids " to come and join. What better way to sign kids on the dotted line, by using " transformerish " type sci-fi, to get their attention.

What better way? I dunno, Megan Fox?

- mike

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No doubt some will say, "What you again with your triangle business?"

But read this quoted statement below closely. It is almost direct confirmation of the existence of and utility of triangles to do exactly as they are saying.

"Not too long ago, the idea of hospitals in the sky would have been a subject of science fiction, but not anymore. Set partly in the future, this commercial shows how the U.S. Air Force is able to respond to natural disasters around the world by landing a giant medical transport equipped with an operational intensive care unit into a metropolitan area following a devastating storm. After the members of the medical team render aid on the ground and load the wounded onto the plane, the commercial created GSD&M Idea City, Austin reveals that the technology and capabilities depicted within are not science fiction, but in fact are an important part of the Air Force mission" www.bestadsontv.com...

Added note: That commercial came from near me, Austin, home of several computer game companies. The first images of the planes are (not very decent) CGI and quite huge which is repeated in the quote above. Several key factors here, huge craft with intensive care facilities!--I'm not using the words plane here--SVTO/VTO capabilities, and civilian rescues not war front scenes. When this adv. says, "This is not science fiction." I believe them. And if you have ever seen a triangle at fairly close quarters, you would also believe exactly what they say. The triangles are coming.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I had to star and flag this thread as myself and others have drawn many similarities to the movie Deep Impact
and comet Elinin in Putermans thread. This seems to be another observation that lines up fairly well.

Puterman
edit on 24-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Whereweheaded

Well if the young innocents are going to be duped, at least the Air force is the safer of the four services.

edit on 24-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This post reminds me of other posts on this site where a mylar balloon will be mistaken for a UFO by someone.

The first part of the movie clearly shows some sci fi movie.

the plane uses the transformation as a transition to what the air force actually has now.

You're reading too much into that commercial. Which is a very cool one.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This isn't a real commercial:

-The airforce commercials are 30 seconds long.
-The "science fiction" slogan was not done in the same way as the other commercials.

Will the lot on this board believe anything if it shows them what they want to see???

Do you really think our military strategists would have a commercial showing our "black" technology???

I'm all for "finding the truth", whatever that may be. What's not cool and makes everyone look like a loon is when something that is blatently fake is taken as fact, every perpetuating the idea that "conspiracy theorists" are paranoid nut jobs.

Glad to see it took two pages worth of posts to point out it's not a real commercial.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's airforce. The wing-wipers have to jazz it up.

They don't have real spaceships like the Navy does.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Metaphorical comparison They intersperse science fictiony looking scenes (the futuristic city, the plane) with scenes of what they do everyday, blending science fiction with reality to make it seem as one. Then the tag line at the end attempts to bring it all together, sort of implying that what they do every day might seem like science fiction, but it's not. Sorta like that. Pretty cool

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo

-The "science fiction" slogan was not done in the same way as the other commercials.

Will the lot on this board believe anything if it shows them what they want to see???

Do you really think our military strategists would have a commercial showing our "black" technology???

I'm all for "finding the truth", whatever that may be. What's not cool and makes everyone look like a loon is when something that is blatently fake is taken as fact, every perpetuating the idea that "conspiracy theorists" are paranoid nut jobs.

Glad to see it took two pages worth of posts to point out it's not a real commercial.

This thread for me is far less about the parody between real, imagined or soon to come technology than it is about the imagery and content that is shown. The fact that you say it's not a real commercial is disturbing in itself. Should our armed forces be playing on the minds of our young men who play black ops and give them a souped up load of CGI crap for dramatization as a means of recruitment?

If in fact the CGI is meant to be a means of expressing our current and future capability's and it is not meant to be taken literally then I object to the slogan of "It's not science fiction, it's what we do every day".

All that aside, that was a secondary observation in making this thread, my primary concern was with the apocalyptic depiction of a major modern city, US or otherwise completely and utterly devastated by cataclysm, weather it be nuclear, comet or asteroid impact or geological. My thoughts were to why this is shown instead of a more under-toned and realistic "everyday" scenario.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i met a young man in the army who said his grandfather was a high level officer ni the air force and for some reason out of the blue way before 2012 hype "Do as much as you can with your life before 2012"...and nothing more....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I liked the commercial.
Where do I sign up ????

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Its a positive outlook on a bleak situation. Acknowledgement of the worst case scenario, and how one person can make a difference. Theme is: Life will go on.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo

This thread for me is far less about the parody between real, imagined or soon to come technology than it is about the imagery and content that is shown. The fact that you say it's not a real commercial is disturbing in itself. Should our armed forces be playing on the minds of our young men who play black ops and give them a souped up load of CGI crap for dramatization as a means of recruitment?

If in fact the CGI is meant to be a means of expressing our current and future capability's and it is not meant to be taken literally then I object to the slogan of "It's not science fiction, it's what we do every day".

All that aside, that was a secondary observation in making this thread, my primary concern was with the apocalyptic depiction of a major modern city, US or otherwise completely and utterly devastated by cataclysm, weather it be nuclear, comet or asteroid impact or geological. My thoughts were to why this is shown instead of a more under-toned and realistic "everyday" scenario.

The answer is simple: "Everyday" scenarios wouldn't appeal to "everyday" people. People don't want to think they're mediocre, they want to think they're awesome.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
what I don't get is, if this is the air force, why don't they just show off some stealth bombers or some F-22's, why do they need to show us something out of Avatard. It cheapens it in my opinion. Plus the commercial is false advertising, if it was realistic they'd show some guy in a computer room controlling an unmanned drone spying on the population.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
what I don't get is, if this is the air force, why don't they just show off some stealth bombers or some F-22's, why do they need to show us something out of Avatard. It cheapens it in my opinion. Plus the commercial is false advertising, if it was realistic they'd show some guy in a computer room controlling an unmanned drone spying on the population.

Perhaps because this was a commercial for the medivac division, and a medical evacuation was the most fitting for the commercial? I don't think they have many medics flying F-22s.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you, that it didn't really transform, it was just bridging the gap between the scifi and what we really have right now. It does the same thing with other commercials too, just it isn't that noticeable.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't mean to sound rude but what are you talking about dude? The title says "new airforce commercial" and the fact is it's not a real commercial and it was not made by any service branch. It's just someone who made a parody of actual air force commercials and is passing it off as real.

Remember the fake history channel commercials about the missing link? It's one of those. It's a hoax.

Why do you say it's disturbing that I don't wanna believe this hoax? That's loony to me man. Were you scared when the movie "E.T." came out? Would you be scared if I Made a fake commercial myself of the US navy intermingling with ETs and passing it off as real?

What should scare you is that you are having a hard time determining what is a homeade hoax and what is a commissioned commercial playing on actual television. Don't pass this off as a real Airforce commercial when it's not. That's all I ask.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join