It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Strange that there's no mention of this event in other media. One would think that this would be a major event covered by news outlets around the world. Without further evidence such as interviews with any of the 16 that "came back", I an only assume its a scam.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

Would any editor publish it knowing how sensational it sounds? It' not everyday you see people raising each other from the dead.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

just a prayer away buddy.

holymansam.wordpress.com...

a pdf version of the actual newspaper from the city it was claimed to have happened in. not the clearest one i'll do more digging and bring the link to the actual article soon.
edit on 25-1-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
just a prayer away buddy.

What is? Proof of a god? If so, that is subjective and not objective.

holymansam.wordpress.com...

a pdf version of the actual newspaper from the city it was claimed to have happened in. not the clearest one i'll do more digging and bring the link to the actual article soon.

This is the same thing as what's in the OP. Yes, I believe a newspaper reported this. No, I do not believe the report is true.

Do you have anything to support your claims?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

like i said man it's a choice. you choose to disbelieve so you do. i'll pray for ya man. i hope you find him, it's amazing when you figure it out. it truly is.

the only thing i'll add is that you have to realize how ugly and despicable we truly are to see the beauty of God. bro, you have to realize your own ignorance and how little you know, just like i did and still do. the only thing i know is that i know nothing. i'm nothing more then an insignificant little piss ant that has no importance to the fate of this world. i am but a dot in the vastness of it all. and yet most of us till like to feel important when not a single one of us is. self-righteousness is the folly of man.
edit on 25-1-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by THIRDEYETRIPPIN

Jackpot, congratulations you have the ability to think for yourself. Lol
I seriously doubt the story, unless they have some weird genetic code, that allows cell regeneration after a certain period of time.

Or perhaps the doctors can't do their job correctly.
Power of god, is all in the mind, if you believe god is guiding you, then it will seem real.

No real proof, so no need to even debunk, that can be done easily.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by THIRDEYETRIPPIN

edit on 25-1-2011 by RighteousDude because: crash and burn

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by plejarenchrist
oh and if just 16 out of hundreds or thousands came back to life, thats still not even a fraction of those who died
so its not `that big a miracle` to be honest

amazing answer
It's a matter of perspective I guess.
I am guessing it is a VERY big deal for the 16 and their family and friends and those servants used to illicit this power through, not by mortal men and women. God is no respector of persons. Yashayah encountered the exact same attitude in His day when the dead was raised in His name. Nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'd like to say I've done all this digging myself, but one of our friends in Brazil is on the case! Links etc... are here, but it's looking plainly like a hoax. Surprised?

Website of newspaper who supposedly published the article:
www.odiariodeteresopolis.com.br...

PDF comparing actual front page from date of publication compared to one circulating with the rumor:

3.bp.blogspot.com...

anyway, it's all here:

thejourneyproject.org...

best,
P
edit on 25-1-2011 by westo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by westo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
This is deep. STAR & FLAG

Deep Doo-Doo.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

like i said man it's a choice. you choose to disbelieve so you do. i'll pray for ya man. i hope you find him, it's amazing when you figure it out. it truly is.

the only thing i'll add is that you have to realize how ugly and despicable we truly are to see the beauty of God. bro, you have to realize your own ignorance and how little you know, just like i did and still do. the only thing i know is that i know nothing. i'm nothing more then an insignificant little piss ant that has no importance to the fate of this world. i am but a dot in the vastness of it all. and yet most of us till like to feel important when not a single one of us is. self-righteousness is the folly of man.

Sorry, but I'm not going to convince myself that I and everyone else is ugly and despicable in order to believe in invisible entities. I believe in things only when there's significant evidence to support the belief.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

for evidence that people are ugly and despicable pick up your daily news. dude it's everywhere.
2nd

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

The article is defenitely a hoax, which this picture clearly shows: 3.bp.blogspot.com...
The person that contributed the testimony still argues that the raisings did happen, although the article was false: "I wanted to let all you know that I spoke with the nurse today that led the team to Brazil. I also contacted the editor of the newspaper in Brazil where the news article was supposedly printed. Shortly after the raisings the article had been faxed to the team and they, not having ANY grid for what happened, simply assumed the article’s validity. It seems that the article was pieced together and although the story is true, unfortunately the editor is not acknowledging that the article was printed in his paper.

The nurse and team feel really bad that this article was forwarded prior to them researching its source. They were overwhelmed with all the miracles that were happening around them as they were happening so quickly. I totally understand and hope that grace would be extended to them.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

for evidence that people are ugly and despicable pick up your daily news. dude it's everywhere.
2nd

Some people are. It doesn't mean we all are.
What evidence do you have for this god that you believe in? Also, do you believe the OP story is true and that your god was responsible for it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, if people are being raised from the dead after 3 days of death, I highly doubt it's Jesus doing the raising, even though that's what some may believe.

Don't they do alot of voodoo and spirit worship down there?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It would have been nice to think that we could be living in a new age of miracles. But alas, same old same old.
False witness here, false witness there.

If only this type of story were true and popping up like the animal die offs.

I guess we will all just have to keep looking at the mundane miracle that is the essence of everyday life.

If only the holy spirit could reach out to us again. Every now and then, the disconnect fills me with great sorrow.

Off subject: There really is intelligent life on other planets. It's just that it is intelligent life.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As I said before, in my presentation post, its hoax !
I'm from Brazil, and investigate the newspaper and there are absurds, like publicated in this page:

The True

As I said too in my presentation, I know a person who has been rising from the dead after 3 days in a morgue, and before someone asks, he is not eating human flesh

Peace for all

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
"Brains!!!!" Better put on a helmet. Hmm, well, I see they have pictures of people dead, but lets see the pictures of them alive now or some video of an interview. Ah, there are none.

[img] [/img]
edit on 25-1-2011 by Krummar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

heya, not sure if you've heard of Lazarus

Jesus raised him from the dead. Makes a pretty good read. Then Jesus himself was ressurrected. Ezekial and the Valley of bones makes a good read too.

The Imitator can only imitate what has already been created!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
one way or another, for the families of the 3 people its a wonderful thing. if you are a believer in jesus, it will only strengthen your belief. for other religions, if it was a divine miracle, certainly it can be accepted as such. doesn't degrade your own faith at all. if it was an explainable scientific result, all the atheists may also rejoice that by strange twist of circumstance medical personnel were on the scene when the 3 comatose patients woke up. i believe that miracles happen everyday. and that's something to be happy about.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join