It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domodedovo airport: Blast rocks Moscow's main airport

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

I just saw this on the news... 35 dead.... 100's injured....

Don't think the Russians will be too happy with it....

You know those chechens are muslims arent they? There is a big prob over there at the mo with insurgents... this prob will never go away.....

Also i just heard an Etihad plane had been redirected from heathrow to stanstead due to threatening behaviour

edit on 24-1-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Families of Muscovites, who died at Domodedovo Airport will receive 2 million rubles - RIA

WOw what a odd comment to be making this early on???? Hmmm

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Has this been posted yet? Utterly bizarre ...

However, airport spokeswoman Yelena Galanova told Russian state TV that the airport was "operating as usual." "There have been no departure delays. We were shut for only about 20 minutes after the explosion," she told state TV.

www.cnn.com...

"Can we get a cleaning crew to the south terminal to collect bodies? We don't want to delay Lufthansa's 9:57 Moscow-to-Hanover flight. Also, please ask the injured to move to the sides of the concourse so there's room for passengers to pass. Thanks!"
edit on 24-1-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

However, airport spokeswoman Yelena Galanova told Russian state TV that the airport was "operating as usual." "There have been no departure delays. We were shut for only about 20 minutes after the explosion," she told state TV.

www.cnn.com...

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Absolutely unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Maybe russia will have another reason now to obliterate chechnya like they have done throughout history. Some more raping and burning people alive in the streets maybe?...................

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Maybe it's an established policy? That's about $66K USD.
edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mossad anyone? false flag attacks by them are quite common.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

www.cnn.com...

"Can we get a cleaning crew to the south terminal to collect bodies? We don't want to delay Lufthansa's 9:57 Moscow-to-Hanover flight. Also, please ask the injured to move to the sides of the concourse so there's room for passengers to pass. Thanks!"

Reminds me of this scene ...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

you never know it could be a japanese kamikazee pilot that came through a time warp. how about those tamil tigers they do suicide atacks. don't they ?

I'm sorry but whenever suicide attack is mentioned i assume they are muslim and 100% of the time they end up being.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
yeah Heaven forbid we blame the Arabs or Muslims even tho ever time their is a bomber lately they tend to be doing it..

well if it walks like a duck talks like a duck and rapes dead animals like a duck chances are its a duck...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 88solarman88
Mossad anyone? false flag attacks by them are quite common.

Ah but why on earth would Mossad do that? What possible reason could they have to attack Russia and blame men of “Arabic appearance” for it?...

"As we did in 1988, Russia still recognizes an independent Palestine". Russian president makes announcement after meeting with PA President Mahmoud Abbas in West Bank; Israeli officials fear recognition will cause a domino effect of other states following Russia's lead, including China.

To be honest, Israel's government is used to blows from the Russians, even some below the belt. A few months ago, during a visit to Damascus, Medvedev found time to meet with Hamas' politburo chief, Khaled Meshal, a short while after Lieberman had visited Moscow.

One could also argue that the slap did not sting quite as much as the Palestinians would have liked, since the Soviet Union recognized Palestine 22 years ago. This followed the declaration of independence made by the Palestinian National Council in Algiers and the declaration by King Hussein of Jordan that the Hashemite Kingdom was relinquishing the West Bank.

But at that time, the Soviet Union was part of a group whose other members were all either Muslim countries or relatively unimportant states already known to be pro-Arab. Back then, the phrase "a Palestinian state in the 1967 borders whose capital is East Jerusalem" was considered by the rest of the world, and especially the United States and Europe, to be almost delusional, completely disconnected from reality.

Now Russia is part of the Quartet of Middle East peacemakers, most of whose decisions are reached by consensus. Normally, its members are careful not to diverge from agreed policy on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. But today, the establishment of a Palestinian state on the basis of the 1967 borders, with agreed exchanges of territory, is considered by the entire world to be the sole formula for resolving the conflict.

It was just a matter of time before the epidemic of recognizing Palestine within the 1967 borders went beyond the borders of Latin America. The only question was which country would be the first to join Brazil and its neighbors. Now, the question is which will be the first European Union country to follow suit. Will it be Spain, France, Cyprus or Malta?

Even Lieberman's 'special ties' couldn't save Israel from Russia's slap in the face

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sojourner

i've already mentioned it could have something to do with Israel being pissed about russia helping iran to enhance their nuclear technology. After everything Israel are doing to stop iran building nuclear weapons such as creating the stuxnett virus and there assiantions of iranian nuclear scientits which wouldn't look out of place in a james bond film. If there doing all this to iran then they wouldn't think twice about russia if they could pull it off. More than likely it's chechyan terrorists though

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

In case of The First Chechen War, you are right, Russians are to blame. But that war ended by Russian withdrawal, mutual peace treaty and granting of Chechen independence in 1996. After that, virtually all violence and instability in the area can be traced back to islamic extremists (Invasion of Dagestan, Second Chechen War).
edit on 24/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
sorry if re-post. too busy looking to read. just trying to help. this kid was there. and says its being played down in the reports. says there are 70 or more dead. its in russian, obviously.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
Russia tooday now reporting that 170 beds have been made available to treat the injured.
God help Chechnya if a link is established.

I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet that Chechnyan muslims are the culprits. After all, it's they who have been promoting almost all of the recent terrorist incidents in Russia, from the Beslan School to the Moscow Theater.

Further, it was reported to have been a suicide bomber, and I can think of no other group beyond muslims who employ that tactic.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So, how long until the TSA expands?

"Come on world, now is a time of FEAR, of VENGEANCE. Let your beloved politicans handle the background noise, all you need is protection from the bad guys! We've protected america since 9/11, now you too can avoid terrorist attacks with all our brains and brawn. Just call over the TSA and we'll completely strip all your passengers of rights to avoid any future dangers, yaaaaaay!!!"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Reports suggest the bomb went off in the luggage CLAIM area - meaning there was no airport security involved.

Wonderful, watch in a few weeks, they will begin redesigning airports so that security is at THE ENTRANCE of the entire building.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
How is it that within three hours of the incident the authorities have conveniently found enough forensic evidence to pin down the source of the explosion, the precise nature of the device, the amount and type of explosives used and the identity of the perpetrator?

I'm not saying it didn't go down like that, but there seems to be a knee-jerk reaction going on...

"An Arab amongst the dead? It must be the bomber right?"

Operatives of any nationality can be present at any location at a convenient time; possibly even not knowing the real reason they've been sent to collect a package/ meet someone off a flight...

"Hiya - that placard has my name on it! Are you Ali, my chauffer? Did Stan send you? Great! Just hold my bag while I nip to the gents..."

I do genuinely feel terrible for the victims and their family/ friends. There's also a massive impact on the immediate society within which such an incident occurs, and I just hope there's a sensible and balanced investigation into what really happened before anyone starts throwing stones around (German TV =
... )

If you find feet and a head but the rest of the body is gone it implies the bomb was strapped around tha individual. Holding a bag would have a different pattern of remains. Also possibley they have video footage from a camera of the bomb going off. That would show them ground zero and maybe facial features of the bomber.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by grantbeed

In case of The First Chechen War, you are right, Russians are to blame.

It is the same if Texas fights for independence, and we say that USA is to blame. These territories are for centuries in Russian empire.

The question is who stays behind the useful idiots kamikaze? Perhaps Putin and FSB/KGB are quite well informed who is behind. Did you see FSB troops? Ria Novosti. en.rian.ru... The question is whether the Russian ruling elite will again step back, as it did last time in the subway attack, and will say that several fanatics did everything, most of whom are killed. Until the next time. Or will take stronger measures, as USA did and will do in a similar situation. For example. clearing the southern side of Caucasus from terrorists.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Gliese581 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join