It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domodedovo airport: Blast rocks Moscow's main airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
FOX News says death toll is up to 35 and the head of the suicide bomber has been found. It is apparently a suicide bombing because they found the head of the suicide bomber.

There is no link because I seen this on television.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

They need to remove the security gates at the terminals and put them at the airport gates.

That would still leave people queuing outside to get in the terminal, families waiting outside, and drivers, all as potential targets for any nutter with a suicide vest to stand in the middle of the crowd and blow themself up.

There will always be easy targets for terrorists when they forget about trying to get onto planes, they'll probably target football matches and shopping centres next.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
UK Foreign Office is advising people not to travel to Moscow. 35 confirmed dead so far, absolutely tragic, pointless. I don’t understand what these people hope to achieve, the only thing that is for certain is that they will have a lot of very nasty individuals on their case.

They hope to achieve revenge. Maybe this person lost their mother or daughter to Russian military attacks in Checyna last decade?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
they're saying it's an arab looking man.

20:05
FRAGMENTS OF BODY OF SUSPECTED SUICIDE BOMBER, ARAB-LOOKING MAN AGED 30 TO 35, FOUND AT MOSCOW'S DOMODEDOVO AIRPORT - SOURCE

that was on Interfax News

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Didn't you folks forget, it is *our* fault that
they are attacking and killing people world wide?
We are the infidels, we occupy their countries,
rape their women, war against them for NO REASON
at all. We should be praising the *freedom fighters*
Because blowing up innocent people at a airport in
a totally other country is because we are intolerate.

Everyone that is not muslim is intolerable.
It is your fault! Don't blame them, they are just ignorant
sheep herders can't do any harm..

[\end muslim sympathizers absurd remarks]

Seriously, how they can justify blowing up
women, children, and innocent men, at random
in a airport in Russia is beyond me. I'm not a muslim sympathizer,
but i'm sure someone will come in the thread and explain to us dumb infidels
how it really is the russians fault for this..........

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Just a thought, now that Iran's nuclear program is down for a couple years, I wonder if they approached Russia for help or to buy direct from the wholesaler nuclear rods and Russia said no. So via proxy Iran slaps Russia in the face with a suicide attack at their busiest and most advanced international airport to effect their economy.

This will cause business travel to be second guessed by foreign companies and investors and tourism will plummit in the short term...

Just a thought, probably way off...like I usually am...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
they're saying it's an arab looking man.

20:05
FRAGMENTS OF BODY OF SUSPECTED SUICIDE BOMBER, ARAB-LOOKING MAN AGED 30 TO 35, FOUND AT MOSCOW'S DOMODEDOVO AIRPORT - SOURCE

that was on Interfax News

Could of told you that an hour ago...

Does not take sherlock holmes to put together that one
suicide bombing+ at an airport +aimed at innocent women and children = arab muslim terrorist

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

I'm gonna go ahead and point a different direction than the usual suspect. I'm gonna go ahead and point at Israel for being pissed off with Moscow for helping Iran advance its nuclear capabilities.

Zionists have been involved in terrorism for a long time, they are very good at it, and very good at getting away with it.

Some news agencies are stating that it was a smoking bag which had an explosive device in it, that is why the authorities have tightened up security and looking for suspicious bags all over the city.

Do people still watch FOX news? It really hurts.
edit on 24-1-2011 by reatarded because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Could be,though the destruction caused and the reported presence of a large number of ball-bearings does seem similar to a method that was reportedly used against OMON troops in Chechnya,where a bomber strapped 3 MON 50's(Russian Claymores) to themselves and just walked into their midst.

I don't know that an FSB operative would contemplate this,but who knows.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just got off the phone with my Dad. His wife is a Russian national currently near the Caucasus region completing an adoption. In Russia speculation is the attack was motivated by Russia offering to help the US with Afghanistan, something we don't hear in the MSM here.

Fortunately some further casualties were avoided due to a quick thinking policeman. Seeing what was going on and realizing that a crush mob may occur at the door the man started breaking out the airport front windows to allow the crowd out. I hope if I'm ever in an emergency situation I can think that clearly.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
suicide bombing+ at an airport +aimed at innocent women and children = arab muslim terrorist

murder rape + Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan) + aimed at women and children = US Soldier

Is that the kind of logic you are using?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Russians have killed and bombed hundreds thousands of Chechens including women and children. And now 1 Chechen kills 30 Russians and that makes Chechens the bad guys? How many Russians have the Chechens killed? 100 or 1000 times less than Russians have killed Chechens.

Of course it's not good to bomb innocent people in Airport. But it's also not good to occupy country kill civilians bomb cities and then start military dictatorship there.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by Soshh
UK Foreign Office is advising people not to travel to Moscow. 35 confirmed dead so far, absolutely tragic, pointless. I don’t understand what these people hope to achieve, the only thing that is for certain is that they will have a lot of very nasty individuals on their case.

They hope to achieve revenge. Maybe this person lost their mother or daughter to Russian military attacks in Checyna last decade?

Doing something that damages yourself and your cause more than your target is not what I would call revenge, then again you can't expect these people to have good common sense.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's an update:

An explosion ripped through the international arrivals hall at Moscow's busiest airport on Monday, killing at least 35 people and wounding about 46, an airport spokesman said.

Russian news agencies reported the explosion was caused by a suicide bomber and that the device was packed with shrapnel.

Link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Maybe Putin did it, so he can bomb Chechnya or Georgia or maybe even the Belarus, you know? He can now blame it on anyone he wants.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
French and Italians among those who have lost there lives in this *Terror Attack* according to news wires,

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by hillynilly

Russians have killed and bombed hundreds thousands of Chechens including women and children. And now 1 Chechen kills 30 Russians and that makes Chechens the bad guys? How many Russians have the Chechens killed? 100 or 1000 times less than Russians have killed Chechens.

Of course it's not good to bomb innocent people in Airport. But it's also not good to occupy country kill civilians bomb cities and then start military dictatorship there.

good point, but a lot of people here are too ignorant and unintelligent to grasp such a simple fact... they are programmed to think muslim=terrorist, no help there...

cheers

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This happend in COD: Modern Warfare2, an american was found to be guilty and a war started between america and russia.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How is it that within three hours of the incident the authorities have conveniently found enough forensic evidence to pin down the source of the explosion, the precise nature of the device, the amount and type of explosives used and the identity of the perpetrator?

I'm not saying it didn't go down like that, but there seems to be a knee-jerk reaction going on...

"An Arab amongst the dead? It must be the bomber right?"

Operatives of any nationality can be present at any location at a convenient time; possibly even not knowing the real reason they've been sent to collect a package/ meet someone off a flight...

"Hiya - that placard has my name on it! Are you Ali, my chauffer? Did Stan send you? Great! Just hold my bag while I nip to the gents..."

I do genuinely feel terrible for the victims and their family/ friends. There's also a massive impact on the immediate society within which such an incident occurs, and I just hope there's a sensible and balanced investigation into what really happened before anyone starts throwing stones around (German TV =
... )

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And just yesterday I posted this -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- which shows the Russian Federation as "danger red" for "most at risk" of domestic political violence in the 2010-2014 time period according to Kansas State University.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join