It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of credit cards is coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
hmmm, sounds to me like the cellular is the ultimate 1 stop convenience. You can watch movies, surf the net, talk to people, play games, pay bills, portable GPS unit and now buy stuff at a pos machine. I would bet that by the end of next year the phones will be powerful enough to replace the PC for most adults who aren't running serious games or rendering programs...

Call me paranoid but if I wanted to control the populace it just got easier.

Is the next step a built in retinal and thumb print scanner? I mean it would solve the security issues right? Hey that would mean it could replace your drivers licence and it would be a crime not to have it on you... See where this leads?

This is exactly where we are headed.

It will be your wallet.
It will be your keys.
It will be your computer.

The "smartphone" will be your life.

Once data glasses, visors, contacts and even virtual retinal displays are incorporated, it will become your reality.

edit on 24/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: vid

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Actually "paper" money is not paper at all; rather it is 75% cotton and 25% linen. But it is true that the cost of cotton is at all time highs (altho when central banks "print money" it is primarily digital credits not actual cash).
Copper and nickel (used for small change coinage) is up too but still they are minimal to the face value for denominations greater than 5cts (an older copper penny, tho, is worth more as a commodity than as a coin tho.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Reply to post by Jinglelord

Funny that you should say that. I saw an ad in the sunday circular the other day for a new phone. I can't recall which brandbut think it was android powered. This phone had a seperate accessory one could buy that was like a laptop docking station. Dock the phone into back and you had a fully functional laptop. It was pretty cool.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Its the motorola atrix 4G, laptop dock, and webtop app. Pretty cool. :
:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't like cell phones because I don't like to feel like I have a walking animal GPS tag on me.

I don't care for the idea. (But then I don't really care for credit cards that much either.)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As long as we are allowed to spend money we don't actually have, credit will still be the norm.

The medium to pass credit can change, but is moot.

The credit is the problem, not the mdium of exchanging said credit.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Hey on the bright side once this is fully in place only governing bodies will be able to commit a crime. On the downside history shows us those just happen to be the most heinous crimes we can imagine.

I don't own a smartphone but the convenience is starting to tempt me, I would enjoy being able to pay and simultaneously look at bank account to make sure all is well. I think the trick, if we want the convenience is also increased vigilance.

reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Ha haa I suppose the time is sooner than I thought.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Good, CC's get so many people into trouble,and this using your phone that is crazy to,we need to go back to a gold & silver standered.

The whole phone thing seems a bit much what about people who dont have a phone,I didnt for years,its just this technological thing gets scary,because then you get TPTB justifying microchipping everyone,with out it you couldnt buy or sell,they would say it for your protection so noone could steel your money ect...But thats a different thread
, CC=debt DEBT= SLAVERY!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jinglelord

Smart phones aregreat. I personally own a blackberry curve. Yea its old, but I've had a couple touch screens(including iphone) and typing on a touch screen is horrible. Try typing an email or data sheet without a keypad and see how far u get. My blackberry has a fully functional qwerty keyboard and its just as functional as the laptop for the most part. Hell I can't remember the last time I was on my pc other than for work. "The times they are a changing" - Bob Dylan

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've been using this system for years. I probably use mine about once a week.

The way it works here is that you can either transfer a few thousand yen to your e-wallet or have the purchase (under a user-defined amount) sent to your monthly cellphone bill. It's more like a prepaid cash card than a credit card. Most convenience stores/supermarkets have terminals, as do most vending machines and chain restaurants at this point.

For small purchases, it makes a lot more sense than reaching for the plastic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join