It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Lord Thanks U.S. Lawmakers For Keeping Drugs Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Mexican Drug Lord Officially Thanks American Lawmakers for Keeping Drugs Illegal

"I couldn't have gotten so stinking rich without George Bush, George Bush Jr., Ronald Reagan, even El Presidente Obama, none of them have the cajones to stand up to all the big money that wants to keep this stuff illegal. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say, Gracias amigos, I owe my whole empire to you."

Somehow I suspect this thread will get moved and buried even though this is a major political issue, but let's remain topical while we can. I believe the title of the article to be seriously misleading and it reads as if someone were under the influence when writing it. Even the gangster's monologue seems a bit on the comical side. Given the source and style of the article I believe the report's facts to be dubious at best.

But this touches on something we learned scores of decades ago: prohibition creates rich gangsters. Little more needs to be said and I'll leave it at that.
edit on 24-1-2011 by sanctum because: Edited external link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
this guy will definatly not be hanging around for long after saying that
if those aint come fight me words i dont know what is
yanks do not like being belittled by drug pins especially mexican drug pins
edit on 24-1-2011 by questcequecest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I guess he can advertise and say thank you. It's not like it will be changing any laws anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
I guess he can advertise and say thank you. It's not like it will be changing any laws anytime soon.

If this story is true, the more stories we see like this may seriously affect whether drug policy will change in America or the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It could be completely fictional, but it is still true. The drug war is a joke that criminalizes non violent people and rewards violent and brutal gangsters. If you could walk into CVS tomorrow and buy any drug you want for mere dollars without a script, what do you think would happen? Tony Montana and the CIA would lose their drug empire, kids could be plainly educated about drug effects without sensationalism, the prison system would be unburdened and people would be able to live truly free to consume what they want. This is common sense, but as we have seen over the last hundred years or so, common sense has been tossed out the window along with liberty by using excuses and rationalizations regarding the children and morality.
edit on 24-1-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: added more

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Offering his gratitude will not change our laws. There is too much to be gained by keeping drugs illegal or by prescription only. If it benefits them in any way, we can expect it to stay that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
This is common sense, but as we have seen over the last hundred years or so, common sense has been tossed out the window along with liberty by using excuses and rationalizations regarding the children and morality.

I agree with everything you posted but quoted this part because it's important. Substance ingestion is hardly immoral, and any excuse for anything that relies on "the children" as a selling point is usually bogus.
Two things I always like to point out:

1. Prohibition creates crime.

2. No country calling itself "free" should legislate crimes against one's self.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I agree that the article is most likely bogus. True, but bogus. If the public was informed enough to understand that those who want to "do drugs" already do, and will continue to weather they are legal or illegal. Prohibition is just as effective today as it was in the 20's. Those who do not learn from history as destined to repeat it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This reminds me of the insanity that played out on the left coast in Nov. 2010.

They had a bill on the balot to legalize MJ. Then, Arnie "decriminalized it." And by so doing, they have said you can possess MJ, but the cartel is still in charge of growing, packaging, and shipment because the people of California aren't allowed to.

By doing this they really haveincreasedthe demand, and are expecting the cartel to keep up with the surge in people who are no longer detered by potential jail time and a criminal record.

Its a wonder they can mange to pass ANY such ignorant legislation with their heads deeply rooted in their behinds as permanently as theirs are.

top topics

join