It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejected Palestinian offer of almost all Jerusalem: leaked documents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I stared that to get you off 666 stars..

Lucidity had the same issue with flags earlier..
Must be the topic.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Yeah, heaven forbid people should become visionary and empathetic and realize that making the world better could also be a money machine. It doesn't HAVE to be this way. Someone clearly wants it to be, but where does that blame and where does the root cause of this type of behavior really lie? In us.

reply to post by backinblack

thank you so much! yes...must be the topic
but it really did make me go

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You know what I say, mate?

Prophecy Schmophecy!

You dont rise to the top in politics by believing in religion. Other peoples' belief is merely a tool you use to get them to do what you want. The only ones at the top that do believe dont "rise" there or last, they are parachuted in to do an otherwise unconscionable job, by those who can afford to pay for a political &/or military campaign. This is b/c such people will bend any law, break any agreement, or pervert any course of natural justice "for a higher purpose" - since that is what religion is: a perversion of natural human behaviour. In this instance, the questions become, what balance between pragmatists & fruitcakes is involved? Who put the fruitcakes where they are? What is/was the practical plan?

I suggest that it was to take over the whole of what was once Trans-Jordan. By making the Jordan river into a mini-Nile, they could have assured agricultural viability & exports such as cotton. Off the back of that, foreign steel, easily available from the likes of Britain, could have been used to develope consumer goods manufacturing.

The problem was that the entire country only existed as a result of US WW2 surplus &, whilst the USA's pockets were deep, at that time the US$ was still tied to gold bullion reserves for settlements between governments. Their pockets weren't bottomless & the USA had its own problems: ie what to do with all the workers in war materiel factories that were no longer needed & returning servicemen, plus all the jobs in consumer goods manufacture that had been created by the wages paid to the war industry workers. Only a decade previously, the USA was still staggering after the Great Depression...

I reckon that what we see in Israel is the result of an overambitious plan that went off half-cocked.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wow!
two in a row in the same thread.. cool, and thanks mate, I once refused to buy a keyboard because the price was 666, I did buy it for 667 though, and it is pretty demonic.. but that's another story.

/
Sorry for being off-topic.

edit on 24-1-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: Can't you see I'm sorry?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Ah, yes, agreed. Religion, religious prophecy too can be taken advantage of by those whose only religion is money or power. Both can easily be used and manipulated as tools to gain other ends. In this case, though, I'd say it's iffy to decide that this is entirely the case. There's something we don't really "get" going on here.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, no matter who leaked it or for what reason, here we go...

Palestinians react angrily to al-Jazeera's 'Palestine Papers'

Palestinian negotiators on Monday denied much of the report and directed their anger at al-Jazeera and the media outlet's host country, Qatar, for allowing them to be released.

Palestinian negotiator Yasser Abed Rabbo called the documents' publication a "political campaign'' by Qatar's leadership against the Palestinian Authority.

I'd be pretty angry too.

Discussing the Palestine Papers (Videos)

"These papers are really dynamite."

Part 1

Part 2

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just posting some updates...additional info....

The Palestine papers show Rice to have been less actively involved than George Mitchell, Barack Obama's envoy, but like him, she displayed the patience required for the long-haul frustrations of Israeli-Palestinian diplomacy. Palestine papers: Condoleezza Rice

Palestine papers provoke anger on streets of West Bank and Gaza People are angry about how much leaders were willing to give up.

Tensions escalating against al Jazeera too.

Video: Palestine Papers spark fury in Ramallah

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The problem is hamas and their ilk, until they're gone there can never be peace.

Any kind of peace agreement would be like agreeing to end a fight with someones fists while their feet keep kicking you

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes...sounds like the people are a bit peeved at the government.

A report from CNN. No official comment from the Israeli government yet.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
The problem is hamas and their ilk, until they're gone there can never be peace.

Any kind of peace agreement would be like agreeing to end a fight with someones fists while their feet keep kicking you

Hamas is this weeks excuse..
If they were gone, Israel would find another excuse..
These leaks seem to show Israel has no real intention of seeking peace..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Totally agree just as the US always has to have an "enemy" to keep the citizens in check . First indians then each other then the british ,germany japan , latin america and now "terrorists " , jeez their war department must be BUSY !!!!
edit on 24-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
as I've posted before, you simply need to follow the money my friends.

if there were peace, there would be no violence
with no violence there would be no need for weapons
with no need for weapons, there would be no arms contracts to US companies
with no arms contracts, there would be no money for the arms manufacturers
with no money for arms manufacturers, there would be no kickbacks to elected officials
with no elected officials receiving kickbacks, there would be nobody with an interest find peace in the region
rinse and repeat

Exactly..

.. Israel / Palestinian strife is b-movie drama financed by "Big Death", produced by GOP & DNC party leaders, and directed by a complicit MSM... Starring people too ugly & untalented for Hollywood (politicians / yammering heads).

Peace, civility, understanding, and empathy for your fellow human beings are bad for business!!... there must be hate, suspicion, rivalry and fear fueled by worship of a colored cloth square.

US Big Death can't get billions in Govt contracts selling flowers to hippies.. Without billions of tax dollars.. Big Death can't buy your dear GOP & DNC leaders loyalty, afford to plant their soulless PR lackey cheerleaders on cable news to puke out scripted lines that fit the war plot..

The Palestinians could offer to give Israel all disputed land, every virgin, their money, goats, souls, AND promise to rub Israelis feet twice a day.. it wouldn't matter... Some alphabet agency team of douche bags would engineer a horrific "act of terror" in Israel.. then US troops would find a confession tape in an Afghan cave where some bogus Palestinians boogie man gleefully takes full credit.

Edit to add:
Want peace?.. abolish political parties. Do not vote for them, do not give them money.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GovtFlu because: Addition

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Man you have a cynical view!!

I like it and probably more truth than most would like to believe..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Valdestine

Hamas is this weeks excuse..
If they were gone, Israel would find another excuse..
These leaks seem to show Israel has no real intention of seeking peace..

yeah the palestinian peoples reactions to this totally shows that they would have happily gone along with these agreements and lived forever in everlasting peace. Absolutely.

Meanwhile in the real world they would have immediately turned support to whatever terrorist group happened to be around, attacking israel and then painting Israel as the evil villain for breaking the peace deal

You can only make peace with a group that actually leads their people, if you think you can make peace with one group whuile the other continues to oppose you, you're insane.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I guess I'll let you go ahead and cover this topic, since you seem to want to really bad, a lot more than I do, apparently. Pretty redundant to have your thread just post the same stuff mine did an hour before. Good luck.

PS----print articles give a lot more information than video pieces. Might want to stick with those. CNN's commentary is woefully simplistic. Read more, watch less.
edit on 25-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

You can only make peace with a group that actually leads their people, if you think you can make peace with one group whuile the other continues to oppose you, you're insane.

Obviously you are talking about the normal Israeli Jews as opposed to their corrupt zionist Government...

It's the Israeli Government that doesn't want peace, not the Israeli people or other world Jews...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

and who are you to arrogantly assume you can guess the actions of a whole nation .? an envoy from palestine ?
NO here on ATS we have no palestines to ask their opinion as your buddies the israelis are KILLING THEM ALL
PS dont think this couldn't happen to the us or uk in the future then who will YOU ask for help ?
YOU NEED COMPASSION IN YOUR LIFE

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Apparently, there's more...27 minutes ago...

A second cache of documents released by the Al Jazeera television channel quotes Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas as saying it would be "illogical" to ask Israel to absorb 5 million refugees as part of a final peace deal. Al Jazeera Leaks More 'Palestine Papers'

Out of Context? One person in this video is saying al Jazeera wanted to buy WikiLeaks.

edit on 1/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just a few updates to this ongoing saga...

From Foreign Policy: On the 'Palestine Papers'

From Salon: The Palestine Papers: A fact-based play in one act

From Media Monitors: Palestine papers, reality shock for Arabs and not for Palestinians

And last, but hardly least, from the CFR: The Arab World's 'Unprecedented' Protests

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join