It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejected Palestinian offer of almost all Jerusalem: leaked documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Israel rejected Palestinian offer of almost all Jerusalem: leaked documents

www.rawstory.com

Al-Jazeera and the Guardian were vague on the source of the Palestinian negotiating documents, though neither news organization mentioned WikiLeaks in their coverage. The documents appear to come primarily from the Palestinian Negotiating Support Unit, an agency within the Palestinian government backe
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
Related ATS Discussion thread:
Al Jazeera/Guardian co-release the Palestine Papers

edit on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:42:30 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: add related ATS link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So, it appears that not only did Israel reject this offer, they refused to even put discussions on the agenda. This certainly does lend itself to the theory that some in Israel will never accept or allow a two-state solution.

Does anyone in the world at this juncture really believe that peace is possible there? When powerful factions are dead set against it?

This was interesting too, from the Guardian....

The Guardian reported that future document releases would show an "intimate level of covert co-operation between Israeli security forces and the Palestinian Authority" and "how Palestinian Authority leaders were privately tipped off about Israel's 2008-9 war in Gaza," among other things.

The Palestinian reaction will be extremely interesting to follow.

Leaks, leaks, we want more leaks!!! They're helping us get to the real heart of the matter and closer to the truth.

Link to the Guardian article on the Palestine papers under Additional News Links.

More here on Reuters Leaks show Palestinians giving much ground to Israel

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: added video.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Another video...from Al Jazeera.
From the video description...

In the largest leak in the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Al Jazeera has obtained 1,676 classified documents in total. The documents are derived from a decade of meetings, internal emails, reports and studies, notes, maps and draft agreements.

From the video description...

In the largest leak in the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Al Jazeera has obtained 1,676 classified documents in total. The documents are derived from a decade of meetings, internal emails, reports and studies, notes, maps and draft agreements.

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Abbas: Palestine papers purposely reverse Israeli and Palestinian positions

PA president says that the Palestinian concessions presented in the documents leaked by Al-Jazeera were actually made by Israel, calls the switch a deliberate move.

www.haaretz.com...

edit on 24-1-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Palestinian peace negotiators?

Negotiating on behalf of who? Cirtainly not Hamas! They would be lucky to be able to negotiate their own method of death.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Yeah! Counter move? Sure. It was intentional to incite the Palestinians? Ugh...what a mess.

The chief Palestinian negotiator in the 2008 talks, Ahmed Qureia, told The Associated Press that "many parts of the documents were fabricated, as part of the incitement against the Palestinian Authority and the Palestinian leadership."

Remember this from two weeks ago? A report from RT about leaks from the Israeli Army (IDF). It does seems that WikiLeaks has started a trend. Seems it's inspiring and empowering people who don't agree that governments should keep secrets. Wonder if it's somehow related...you never know...

And this claiming the documents were altered?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Israel doesn't want peace..
They want it all......

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Or they know (or believe) something is going to happen that makes all this futile and null. And in the meantime are willing to do anything they have to to stall as they protect whatever it is they think they need to protect. And peace would so interfere with that.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Or they know (or believe) something is going to happen that makes all this futile and null. And in the meantime are willing to do anything they have to to stall as they protect whatever it is they think they need to protect. And peace would so interfere with that.

Yes, self fulfilling prophecy is such a scam..
Do they really believe a true God wouldn't see though the deceit??

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Belief can be a very, very powerful force. No matter who has to be sacrificed or gets hurt.

I'm with you though, on the self-fulfilling prophecy angle.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Totally off topic and unrelated but I just noticed I have 666 flags.

Someone please please please flag this quick!? Even if you don't mean it?!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is just awesome to watch unfold! Even if Wikileaks is Israeli and/or American psyops, they opened up a can of worms for themselves. They have VASTLY underestimated humanity. People are even more inspired to come forward with the truth. There is NO stopping it now,. Of course it may get a little sticky for us. You can bet the wheels of disinfo are turning 24hours a day. Fortunately for us there is no stopping light. Light = Information.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

You can bet the wheels of disinfo are turning 24hours a day. Fortunately for us there is no stopping light. Light = Information.

Yes, I can see a series of TV game shows..

"Who wants to be a whistleblower" or maybe " Survivor Whistleblower edition"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well, I have extended family in Israel & have been there. I've always considered a 2 state solution to be the only way forward. It just doesn't matter how the situation came about, it is what it is & so thats the baseline position to work from.
Recently however I've been pondering what I saw there & also thinking along the lines of "follow the money". I'm not at all sure Israel, even within the borders of all the territory it currently occupies in violation of international law, is actually an economically viable state. They have very little in the way of natural resources including, perhaps crucially, water. Looking at it from the Israeli Govt's position & taking a cold hard financial POV, is it possible that they see perpetual war as the only way to keep the US aid rolling in?

If you look at a map, bear in mind that much of the territory of Israel is desert & plenty surrounding the deserts is marginal for agriculture. There just isn't the soil structure, which is why Israeli farming already uses a huge amount of pesticide to make it pay (so much that migrant workers often get sick, especially on citrus farms) &, when they do get heavy rain, it floods - there isn't the plant cover to absorb the water, so it runs off. What else do they export? Weapons. But where do they get the metals & nitrates needed to make them from & who do they sell them to that cant either make their own or buy cheaper from Russia or China?

If all you've got that pays is war, why would you want peace?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I always wondered why they demanded THAT land..
As you say, it;s a dustbowl with little natural water and they were always going to be surrounded by enemies..
Especially after taking more land..
The only answer to me is to fulfill the prophecy..
Who knows how that will work out?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Talking about all the documents over there. More to come later today.

ETA: been talking about this for 18 hours, actually
edit on 24-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Yes it is fascinating to watch unfold. It seems so complicated and yet so clearly shows the potential of the machinations at the core of it all.

reply to post by 00nunya00

Thanks, I searched and searched, I swear but didn't see anything preexisting about this...clearly I used the wrong search arguments.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Funny thing, I remember seeing a Discovery show on the top 10 tanks in the world, when they got to the merkava they were talking about how Israel has been in war over the years, basically they were saying the country is only highly coveted because of it's natural beauty, not even mentioning religion or anything else. I couldn't help laughing when I heard that.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
as I've posted before, you simply need to follow the money my friends.

if there were peace, there would be no violence
with no violence there would be no need for weapons
with no need for weapons, there would be no arms contracts to US companies
with no arms contracts, there would be no money for the arms manufacturers
with no money for arms manufacturers, there would be no kickbacks to elected officials
with no elected officials receiving kickbacks, there would be nobody with an interest find peace in the region
rinse and repeat

top topics

<<   2 >>

join