It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flotilla Commandoes: Armed mob lynched us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Before the usual array of pro Palestinian ("They're lying!") and pro Israeli ("They're not lying!") jibber jabber starts filling up the thread, why don't we all try and remain objective? It would be hypocritical to believe every word the activists say ("They were shooting as they were repelling off the chopper") and not any word of these people, or denying everything the activists say ("A 19 year old was shot four times"), and not using discretion when reading this.

"Immediately another four terrorists jumped onto me while one of them wrapped the chain around my neck and strangled me," he recounted. "While I was struggling with them I thought of
drawing my pistol but I felt that if I drew it, because they were up against me and kicking me, I wouldn't be able to shoot and they would grab the pistol from me. At this stage, I lost consciousness, apparently from the strangling - I saw stars."

When he awoke, he was airborne – the assailants had thrown him from the roof to the bridge deck. A crowd of 20 men carrying poles and axes dragged him from there inside the ship.

"I am lying on the deck, there are many people above me, one of the people jumped on me and I felt a sharp pain in the lower abdomen," he recalled. "I put my hand there and I felt a knife, and I realized that I'd been stabbed, I instinctively pulled the knife out of my abdomen."

"I managed to withdraw my mini-Uzi, which was secured on my back," he said. "While I'm drawing the weapon, I feel myself flying - as the result of being pushed. Someone pushes me forcefully and I fall onto the side.

"I find myself sitting on the deck with my back to the side and facing all the people surrounding me," he continued. "The people surrounding me have axes, knives, metal poles and clubs, and they're running towards me - it's a matter of a second or two before they reach me. I manage to cock the weapon and released two bullets. I don't know if I have hit anyone or who. People immediately reach me, grab the weapon from me, and hit me with full force with poles and clubs."

"I feel a number of people grabbing my hands and feet, lifting me up," he said. "In this second I realize that they intend to throw me over the side into the water. I resist, thrust wildly, struggle, but without success. It is important to state that also during this time I continue to receive very strong blows to the abdomen. I am fighting with all my strength until a certain stage when they manage to get me over the side of the boat. I am holding onto the side, with my hands, and hanging from the side. At this stage, the people from above me are hitting my hands and a second group of people is pulling me from below by grabbing my legs."

Soldier no. 2, the second to rappel from the helicopter, was shot in his stomach with a 9 mm bullet. He was operated on twice, and had to undergo physiotherapy rehabilitation. Soldier no. 5 was shot in his right knee.

Prior to being shot, the fifth soldier was surrounded and beaten all over his body by the activists, one of who used a large camera tripod to hit him. His head was protected by a helmet, which was crushed from the force of the blows.

I believe most of it, as I've seen the videos, but there's just one thing I find very odd- If the activists pulled the commando's gun out of his hand, why didn't they just shoot the guy on the spot? If they were actually lynching them, why not shoot?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
put them all in the ufc octagon already

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

If they were actually lynching them, why not shoot?

Why? Because the activists are cowardly terrorists! The whole thing was a setup from the start they knew what would happen & how far they could push Israel without everyone in the flotilla paying. They knew if they pushed any harder & started to shoot the whole lot of them on every boat would be shot!

The activists got what they deserved for their cowardly act! Full points to Israel. They acted very appropriately, were quite restrained actually as they were fully entitled to waste every single one of the troublemakers for attacking them!

Long live our Ally Israel!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

wake up and smell the pork chops, they were delivering food and medical supplys to innocent civillians in need and had their boats stormed by israeli soldiers jumping out of helicopters. if you cant see who the aggressor is here then you must be smoking ice.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
it's just my impression, but seems to me built up propaganda for the weak minded. a couple of soldiers in phisio, against 9 dead, and they where the attacked ones? come on...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's not often I disagree with Israel but this incident stunk from the moment the Israeli Navy released their version of the Flotilla videos. Of what few photos they did release through the media, I ended up seeing the whole sequence of each photo that really did tell a completely different story to what the Israelis told us.

The international community can make up their own minds and form their own opinions but let me tell you Netanyahu and Barak are sneaky and very clever liars; they have'nt told you the full truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

wake up and smell the pork chops, they were delivering food and medical supplys to innocent civillians in need and had their boats stormed by israeli soldiers jumping out of helicopters. if you cant see who the aggressor is here then you must be smoking ice.

It was a very obvious setup which many people fell for. People said things like they were just delivering aid etc etc and did not not see it for the cowardly mission it was. If delivering aid was the priority why did they not follow the guidelines the Israeli's laid out? But no they took it upon themselves to start trouble. This could have been avoided & the aid delivered if they followed the rules instead of trying to provoke the rightful Israelis!. They knew what the reaction would be and pressed on anyway as a publicity stunt!.

Hmmmmm just because I do not agree you I must be consuming illegal drugs ...... Really mature outlook there. You will need to try harder than that to insult me!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Damn Israelies should just let the world feed these people.

It would do a lot for their lacking credability.

They bring it on themselves, they have no right to do what they have done to the Palistinian people.

No right.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

rightful israelis!!!!, you must have been taking acid, sorry for implying that you had been taking crystal meth

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Eliad

If they were actually lynching them, why not shoot?

Why? Because the activists are cowardly terrorists! The whole thing was a setup from the start they knew what would happen & how far they could push Israel without everyone in the flotilla paying. They knew if they pushed any harder & started to shoot the whole lot of them on every boat would be shot!

The activists got what they deserved for their cowardly act! Full points to Israel. They acted very appropriately, were quite restrained actually as they were fully entitled to waste every single one of the troublemakers for attacking them!

this post aka "i've never liked the twin towers and people working in it anyway"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

this post aka "i've never liked the twin towers and people working in it anyway"

how so? I don't dance! I'll wait for the logic before I laugh!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

rightful israelis!!!!, you must have been taking acid, sorry for implying that you had been taking crystal meth

You really have nothing! Come on you must be able to come up with something better than that to insult me?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I don't know.. They were all over those commandos with metal bars and knives, as seen in several videos, including ones smuggled out by the activists themselves, so why didn't they shoot?

They had the option to kill a bunch of commandos, they didn't take it.. They weren't peaceful that's for sure, but what was the point of that lynching if they weren't going to pull the trigger on them?

Those commandos that were thrown overboard could have easily died had they landed in a bad way, so it's not like they were afraid to kill or badly hurt anyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

But the Navi Marmara was the only ship that *wasn't* delivering food and supplies, wasn't it?

Plus all the other ships were boarded in the same way, and nothing happened.

Things don't add up perfectly on either side, it seems like both sides are lying, and the truth lies in the middle somewhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by lewman

But the Navi Marmara was the only ship that *wasn't* delivering food and supplies, wasn't it?

Plus all the other ships were boarded in the same way, and nothing happened.

Things don't add up perfectly on either side, it seems like both sides are lying, and the truth lies in the middle somewhere.

If you want the truth then ask Israel..
They confiscated ALL the video that was filmed and apparently there was a lot!!
If Israel wants the truth known then they have the power to do it..

Will they??? I doubt it..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

It's a different side of the story we keep hearing from the activists.. Both sides of the story are necessary to understand the complete picture, even if the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

And I think the real question is were the commandos' lives in real danger, or more correctly, were they right to believe that their lives are in danger?

People were being thrown around decks and bashed around with metal rod, in the dark of night, on a moving ship, what would you have done to contain the situation? Was there an alternative to opening fire? Was the use of live fire too harsh? 9 dead out of how many activists that were on deck and attacked those soldiers?

Those are all things we need to consider, don't we? We can't just accept one side's innocence, and the other's guilt.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I also think some things don't add up, but the videos, both the ones released by the activists, and the ones released by the IDF show both sides are lying about many things.

What do you feel the IDF was lying about?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

People were being thrown around decks and bashed around with metal rod, in the dark of night, on a moving ship, what would you have done to contain the situation? Was there an alternative to opening fire? Was the use of live fire too harsh? 9 dead out of how many activists that were on deck and attacked those soldiers?

Those are all things we need to consider, don't we? We can't just accept one side's innocence, and the other's guilt.

The question you are avoiding is did the IDF fire first as the activists claim??
Again I'll say Israel has the film to prove that true or false..
So release it..ALL of it!!

Also, it's hard to get the true facts when Israel barred any soldiers from giving evidence...

edit on 24-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

Didn't both Israel and Egypt offer to pass those commodities through the land crossings under those activists' supervision?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

There is a one hour long raw video of the boarding smuggled out by one of the activists and in it you can see (and hear) that no shots are fired prior to boarding..

Besides, it would make no sense to stand up on the deck if you're being fired upon...

Some of the activists swore that the commandos opened fire as they repelled down from the helicopter, which was even deemed impossible by the UNHRC, so there's a lot of lies running around.

Looking at the videos, and knowing the IDF, I believe the IDF didn't shoot prior to boarding.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join