It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study reveals: Meditation Changes Brain Structure in Eight Weeks!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

This can happen, depending on the waves. I do not well tolerate Delta.
Companies should be totally transparent about what is on their CDs or mp3s too - watch out for schemes where they charge you a bunch for the first experience and then take you higher with more $$$ - won't name this company. I had a bad experience on a CD by this company given to me, and was not happy when researching them that I didn't know what had been programed into it.

SPECIAL NOTE TO VETERANS: Be careful with Delta Wave exposure via CDs. It can trigger anxiety, flashbacks.

NewAge what is your take on this?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Fair enough. You were just trying to be most helpful based on experience, and didn't get warm fuzzies in return as no one likes to be "told". I underrstand.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I do think I know which company you're talking about, who believes that all the benefits are to be realized in Delta, when in truth, too much Delta isn't good for you from what I've heard and it produces depression, and apathy and is not energetic. That company is run by an egomaniac imho.
Also, one of those tracks I offered, the Metta Bhavana, while good, it goes DEEP, and when used as a sleep induction will have you dreaming about the strangest things, it's as if parts of your brain are rendering themselves as archetypes. That said, the next day everywhere I went people seemed to be attracted to me, as if I was glowing or vibrating at a higher frequency. That one, the Metta Bhavana entrains to Gamma, which although reported to have integrative properties, there is little known about it, other than that the Yogi Masters when hooked to EEG's were entraining to gamma.
Provided people dont' plow into those tracks I gave in the last page of this thread too quickly, they'll be ok and are likely to benefit greatly.
I would not make something available if I thought it would be hurtful to people.

edit on 24-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think the stuff is great New Age. Helpful and healing and a good assist in meditation.
Very powerful stuff. (I actually think some information on it is surpressed, OH - there is the Conspiracy!) I get that glowing take another look response from grannies to kiddos after Qi Gong. People just smile nicely.

Should we "out" the bad company, I did read some people have had seziures using their stuff.
Not sure of the legalities here folks - but companies should be fully, TOTALLY transparent in their frequencies. You should not be paying a couple of hundred dollars, then a couple hundred more for the next "tier" - you should be able to order a $15 CD and know what's on it . . . or at least the intention of said CD. Nuff said.
By the way the name of this yucky company contains the word ????-sync - unfortunately what I believe is a very reputable organization contains the word sync too, but they are very transparent in their intention for each CD. Just do a little research.
edit on 24-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: add to

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I had a look at those Brainwave Frequencies. What do you do with them. You can't hear the lower ones - say below 20hz or the very high ones, and how do you generate them anyway?

Some of these, say 0.5 to 6.0 are earthquakes frequencies, and 6.5 is the Earth Tide frequency. 0 - 1 tends to be harmonic tremor associated with volcanic eruptions.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No I don't recommend that (outing), and in truth that company's product was my first forray into the use of this technology, but things that are to be spiritually beneficial ought not be sold at high cost to make one individual wealthy, that's absurd, and that system they're selling is designed to squeeze out as much money from the participant as possible. Meanwhile, what I offered there on the last page, used regularly, and swapping between tracks to keep the stimulous fresh, is all anyone would ever need, so there it is, a bonus freebie for ATS members, but we don't want to get carried away with this, and best to let it slide as is under the radar so to speak..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
P.S. For the brain science and a whole lot more, please check out these two posts

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Really there is not enough information on this . . . you really have to DIG.
The more I look at brainwaves, and meditation - the further it goes, when you bring sound and frequency into it, it gets very big indeed. I watched a monk on you tube doing heart chakra meditation, the low rumbling sound of it from deep within his body. I just imagined what his brain must look like!

It is interesting you mentioned radar, and I know what you meant. But speaking of which when I was deployed I swore I could hear the radar, of course people think I am nuts. But some people can "hear" it, actually they feel it . . . in the third eye location. The fact that I could "hear" the pulsing radar at our locaiton is why I think I had that severe reaction to that CD.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It appears to me that people aren't even interested, and the diamond is sitting there right on the ground!

No digging required, and that doesn't satiate the ever seeking mind, which is prone to seeking right on past the very thing it was seeking in the first place, so that it would not have to seek any more, and be at rest and in peace and equanimity, self contained, yet opened up, never grasping - content. Peace of mind and contentment. Maybe people have been trained to reject it out of hand, so as to never gain the power, the conscious awareness capable of moving mountains.

There is an absurd mystery lurking at the heart of our collective humanity, which would make us laugh out loud at ourselves to no end, if only we had the humility to first get and then laugh, at the absurdity in our very midst, which was our "selves" and the persona we thought was us, along with all of "it's" run-on self thoughts, glitches of the computer program of the self, and the whole program, come to an end - only to disocover our TRUE self, instead.

It IS funny.

edit on 24-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The only meditation I need is beautiful music therapy and exercising. I am not doubting the power of meditating but I can't sit there chanting oms for 10 minutes. I think if I did that my brain would go into an overload and shut down permanently.

Serious though I tried meditation and it is not easy as it looks.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

As Barney the Purple Dinosaur, it's not neccessary, and your work is already of the very highest import and significance. No worries.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

i would advise you to face it and fight out that feeling once, it won't bother you next time.
there are always things that'll stop you from doing something good

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This illuminate trying to get everyone to open their crown chakra in preparation to be reprogrammed during project Blue Beam.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
You know, I would really like to make meditation a part of my daily routine, but something strange happens to me when I try to meditate...I close my eyes and try to relax, but suddenly I start to freak out, like something in my instinct is yelling at me to open my eyes, or something really bad could happen. It's a terrifying feeling, and it makes me more and more frustrated every time I try to meditate. Using binaural beats is out of question, it's instant terror. Any advice from experienced meditators?

Yeah, i used to get that all the time. For some reason i felt scared every time i closed my eyes. I was always swarmed with negative thoughts and it was way too hard to concentrate. You just have to keep at it and eventually it will go away. I think we are just programmed to have fear of things for no reason. It took me a while to get used to, but now I can meditate for as long as i want without opening my eyes, or having that feeling of fear.
Meditation really increases your courage and makes you stronger. You can control your thoughts.
Anyway, i hope that helps. There's not really an easy solution to it. You just have to keep telling yourself that you have nothing to be afraid of. You might want to try to meditate in a bright place at first and be really comfortable and in a place where you feel safe. It helps if there's people you're close to in the same house.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by indigo_fleshlight

No, it's either a rose, or a thousand pettled lotus, something of the most astonishing degree of evolved consciousness possible, so as to overcome the world, and become the very shape of things to come, that's what I'm up to, as an expression of bhakti - so in case you meant me or what I made freely available, that's certainly not where I'm coming from. This beam is of a higher magnitude, by an infinite degree, the kind of thing to move the future in a new direction based on an exponential and mutually self reinforcing rise in conscious awareness, and therefore in Civility, and the excercise of real power at all levels, right across the entire spectrum, of all being and becoming.

Bluebeam can't touch this kind of thing, because we have a storehouse of treasure the likes of which they know nothing about, and squandered, utterly - the whole of history is turning, even now, on a dime, and in the twinkling of an eye.

We must therefore empower one another and wash each others' feet, so to speak, and chart a new course and a new destiny, and make of the 21st century, not a police state, but the Century, of the Human Being, recognizing in advance that there is nothing more powerful than an idea who's time has come.

We've whitebeamed their bluebeam already!

But let me be clear, that I am as opposed to the type of technological "grid" they had in mind for the masses as much as anyone, and I am fighting it with everythnig I've got, my actions here speak for themselves, there is no hidden agenda in my desire to make this vision of a new world, a reality, in mutual understanding, and increasing compassion and lovingkindness, enough sufficient, to actually do the trick.

We can do this, we can change the world, by first changing, our very selves from within and without and from one to another unto all levels, and right across the board, moving it, not as a "thing" but as a process, a flow of life in eternity.

"And the meek shall inherit the Earth."

But just to keep you guessing, I CAN tell you that it was hatched in The Temples Of Syrinx..

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: mysterious spin added just for fun and creativity and get to laugh out loud! LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

hey....
sort of similar feeling for me as well,
but only my head starts swaying back and front..not the whole body.
but when the meditation happens successfully i.e. 100% lost out of this world, it feels as if my system has been refreshed and restarted.
great thread ...fun reading it and getting to know new things

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Definately, I to have experienced the same. When I visualise my aura and expand it by mentally using the following technique.

Picture my aura encompassing my immediate surroundings then a map of Britain, the World, the Universe. By doing this I can feel the aura strenthening.

I appreciate this sounds like the rantings of a loon but trust me I am the most logical, grounded person you could wish to meet.

edit on 25-1-2011 by BIGMOUTHSTRIKESAGAIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Just guessing here. But if you're telling your brain to think about anything long enough, it will think that way. This is called self imposed mind control. Not a bad thing, when done right. But this just proves the obvious: say something is true long enough and the brain accepts it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I started meditating for serious about three years ago. Each step along the way has been like relearning something I forgot. It is all so familiar. At first I got relaxation and better nights sleep. As I practiced chi kung throughout the day and became mindful of my breathing more, changes started happening in my life.

I became a nicer person to be around. More compassionate and mindful of how my actions effect others. Not to say I am perfect, but I have come a long way in these three years. Now I have become such an empathic person that it has become a bit of a problem for me as I keep getting blindsided by the feelings of other people. I am learning to deal with it a little bit at a time. It is all a learning process.

Also after starting this process a few years ago, other things began to change. I began to experience a genuine NEED to change my life. Little things like how you speak, and even trying to control the thoughts that go through my head, controlling angry thoughts and trying to moderate my thought process. This also is a learning process and though I stil have a long way to go, I am walking the path and trying to evolve into a better person. I attribute this directly to meditation and different styles of chi kung practice.

I am now tickling this kundalini energy that people talk about. It has not been an entirely positive experience for me as I have not done as my soul is demanding and cleaned up the vessel. I feel I still got some base work to do, and I am working continually in that direction. Good luck on your quest. I meditate on healing the earth and other people. I would be glad to share the visualization process in more detail if you are interested.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

What are you afraid of? You don't really have any good reasons to be afraid of anything; especially when all you're really doing is closing your eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join